Existing Exchanged Note7 users lip lai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,427
Reaction score
3,248
Cause Note7 is a flammable device, IM sure the law will enforce it.

It is a defective device.
Not an illegal device.
I have removed your post as it is spreading misinformation and contributing to much more fear mongering for both the forum community and the general public who maybe reading this as well.
 

saj282

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
3
My replaced Note7 works well for 3 weeks after the exchange. 2 days ago it gave me a slight scare as the phone heats up for no apparently reason. The initial attempt to shut down all apps and restart the phone did not help. The heating seems to stop after the 3rd restart and invoking the built-in "Optimise" option.

This experience is quite similar to what I had with my previous Note7 -- the heating and auto-restarting surfaces roughly on its 3 week.

On hind sight, their customer service team should not have outright rejected requests of customers such as myself to bring the phone to their service centre and insisted that we wait out for the replacement program. They should have continued investing time and resources to look into every reported problems and try to uncover the cause/s. Perhaps one of the instances could have given them better insights of the root causes before the replacement commences.
 

geckoSG

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
3,040
Reaction score
5
The problem is problem handling. If it involves time. Most of manufacturers boh chap n just ignore until media exposure. Thats the trend. Until it hit their sales. They wont care about what you say.
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
My replaced Note7 works well for 3 weeks after the exchange. 2 days ago it gave me a slight scare as the phone heats up for no apparently reason. The initial attempt to shut down all apps and restart the phone did not help. The heating seems to stop after the 3rd restart and invoking the built-in "Optimise" option.

This experience is quite similar to what I had with my previous Note7 -- the heating and auto-restarting surfaces roughly on its 3 week.

On hind sight, their customer service team should not have outright rejected requests of customers such as myself to bring the phone to their service centre and insisted that we wait out for the replacement program. They should have continued investing time and resources to look into every reported problems and try to uncover the cause/s. Perhaps one of the instances could have given them better insights of the root causes before the replacement commences.

I feel that they shouldn't give up easily on N7.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,328
Reaction score
291
I think all Note 7 customers who didn't have a problem would wish that they could solve the problem and not kill the product... but I don't think Samsung has the luxury of time... another 2 weeks of mass hysteria on social media, and with news channels endlessly looping phone fire videos... the most cost effective and safe way is to kill the product which has been tainted, and also removes the risk of any further incidents to further injure people and damage their reputation...

In all this, the main beneficiary is Apple... Bendgate is nothing compared to Firegate!
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
since SG sets doesn't explode I think remaining stocks of Note7 should be put on sale. I think im gonna hunt for 2nd hand note7 next month before I make a decision to buy note5.
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
So he can go every thread and say I'm getting this and that. Go note 7 thread say he want to buy over other's note 7. Go iPhone side also say want to buy iPhone. Lol.

He is the mobile forum's version of edmw's tan yak chin?
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
It is a defective device.
Not an illegal device.
I have removed your post as it is spreading misinformation and contributing to much more fear mongering for both the forum community and the general public who maybe reading this as well.

Just chiangr him some points to drive the message home. We don't want edmw behaviour here....
 

densor98x

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2003
Messages
701
Reaction score
1
It is a defective device.
Not an illegal device.
I have removed your post as it is spreading misinformation and contributing to much more fear mongering for both the forum community and the general public who maybe reading this as well.

To be fair, you should also remove posts that advice to keep phone even if Samsung itself say off the phone as it will be refunded. We don't want fear mongering, we also don't want risk safety. 😉
 

gweentea

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
I am still holding on to the first n7. Haven't exchange. My phone gets really hot sometimes. And My stylus pen has a smell. I took my mum exchange set de stylus to smell but there's not like mine. Mine is like chao tar led smell. Hai but I dw use j1
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
I am still holding on to the first n7. Haven't exchange. My phone gets really hot sometimes. And My stylus pen has a smell. I took my mum exchange set de stylus to smell but there's not like mine. Mine is like chao tar led smell. Hai but I dw use j1

then y u dun wan to exchange, I tot they pushed the update for the phone to make it not usable already.
 

gweentea

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
then y u dun wan to exchange, I tot they pushed the update for the phone to make it not usable already.

Im waiting for them to call me lor. They say will call me to arrange a timing.. the update will capped my charging at 60% rignt. Can still use the phone.
 

gweentea

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
Not that I dw exchange. Samsung told me to wait for their call to arrange home delivery when I go down to suntec. :(
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Not that I dw exchange. Samsung told me to wait for their call to arrange home delivery when I go down to suntec. :(

erm, i thought the current arrangement is to inform samsung over the toll-free hotline, then make an appointment to go westgate service centre to exchange? but now since they already announced a mass recall again, i don't know if they will still exchange for you. probably you can try loaning a j1 ace?
 

gweentea

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
erm, i thought the current arrangement is to inform samsung over the toll-free hotline, then make an appointment to go westgate service centre to exchange? but now since they already announced a mass recall again, i don't know if they will still exchange for you. probably you can try loaning a j1 ace?

Isit. So messy leh. Different ppl tell me different thing. So confused. Sorry I v blur w such stuff. No exchange alr.. I'm gonna get a new phone n wait for Samsung update. Haha
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Isit. So messy leh. Different ppl tell me different thing. So confused. Sorry I v blur w such stuff. No exchange alr.. I'm gonna get a new phone n wait for Samsung update. Haha

yeah, according to samsung mobile singapore Facebook post on 4th october 2016, before the announcement of refund..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top