My entire 3 weeks hotel and flight were booked through Expedia. Cannot tell if rates are better or not since I never really compare. The other I tried was hotels.com.
As for Expedia, everything was fine until my last leg whereby upon checked-in, was told that there is no such booking!! I have my confirmation letter printed. Spent an hour calling Expedia US and SG only to be told that they have no idea why and when my booking was cancelled??!!! Worse, they try to blame the hotel for the cancellation but cannot provide any prove. And their solution is? OK, we will not charge you for the hotel and if you need, we will try to book you into the hotel, please submit your booking through our website..WTF!!! I am standing right infront of the front desk now!!!
When I ask who can I complain to? Was told to submit to their customer service. I wrote in but no reply.
So are they good? Well, you decide.