First Time to Thailand!

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
Hi all! I'm pretty new to this sub-forum as well as Thailand. I've been a vivid traveller to many places but yet I've yet to step into Thailand in the 20 over years of my life. This Feb marks the breakage of my virginity to Thailand and I do hope many more years to come. :D

This trip duration is still undecided as I'm still awaiting my bonus payment to determine how many days I should be spending there. (I hope for a big fat one and I can be there for 2 weeks)

This trip is 70% shirt + suit making and 30% on leisures. I'm also into photography so shopping might be on the lower scale of priority.

Hope to have some suggestions for interesting places in Bangkok! :)
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Hi all! I'm pretty new to this sub-forum as well as Thailand. I've been a vivid traveller to many places but yet I've yet to step into Thailand in the 20 over years of my life. This Feb marks the breakage of my virginity to Thailand and I do hope many more years to come. :D

This trip duration is still undecided as I'm still awaiting my bonus payment to determine how many days I should be spending there. (I hope for a big fat one and I can be there for 2 weeks)

This trip is 70% shirt + suit making and 30% on leisures. I'm also into photography so shopping might be on the lower scale of priority.

Hope to have some suggestions for interesting places in Bangkok! :)

there is many thread open with question on first time to bangkok. dont be lazy read it up. just a few thread below yours there is one.
 

Crystal.Gems

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Hi all! I'm pretty new to this sub-forum as well as Thailand. I've been a vivid traveller to many places but yet I've yet to step into Thailand in the 20 over years of my life. This Feb marks the breakage of my virginity to Thailand and I do hope many more years to come. :D

This trip duration is still undecided as I'm still awaiting my bonus payment to determine how many days I should be spending there. (I hope for a big fat one and I can be there for 2 weeks)

This trip is 70% shirt + suit making and 30% on leisures. I'm also into photography so shopping might be on the lower scale of priority.

Hope to have some suggestions for interesting places in Bangkok! :)

You do not need a big fat bonus to go Thailand, everything is much much cheaper than Singapore.
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
there is many thread open with question on first time to bangkok. dont be lazy read it up. just a few thread below yours there is one.

Hi turtlezhu bro, actually I've been reading the forum for quite a bit before posting.

I do know of the majority of the shopping places which I'm still compiling, just more curious of the places of interest where I can take nice landscapes shots which some frequent travellers bros here might recommend which could be off the typical touristy areas.

Is 9 days a bit too much for the trip? As I'm keen of making my suits there, I thought I might just clear a bit of leave and explore Bangkok and some nearby places.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Hi turtlezhu bro, actually I've been reading the forum for quite a bit before posting.

I do know of the majority of the shopping places which I'm still compiling, just more curious of the places of interest where I can take nice landscapes shots which some frequent travellers bros here might recommend which could be off the typical touristy areas.

Is 9 days a bit too much for the trip? As I'm keen of making my suits there, I thought I might just clear a bit of leave and explore Bangkok and some nearby places.

If that's the case then i should help you a little from my pov 9 days in bkk is way to much. head down to place like hua hin / rayong / koh samet etc

as your not much into shopping. siam area would most likely be more then enough. you may wanna google and take a bit of time hunting for good food.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
If that's the case then i should help you a little from my pov 9 days in bkk is way to much. head down to place like hua hin / rayong / koh samet etc

as your not much into shopping. siam area would most likely be more then enough. you may wanna google and take a bit of time hunting for good food.

I think tailor his suit alrdy might take up about five days so can spend around the other few days outside bkk like what turtle ge ge intro
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
I think tailor his suit alrdy might take up about five days so can spend around the other few days outside bkk like what turtle ge ge intro

his suit make already can travel out then back into bkk again.
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
his suit make already can travel out then back into bkk again.

Hi Ape and Turtle, turtle you got me there. I was thinking of dropping by the tailor on the first day, maybe second to 4th day st Hua Hin/ Pattaya then come back for second fitting and explore bkk subsequently thereafter.

One thing I wanna ask, can I drop by Udon Thani during my trip?
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
Hi Ape and Turtle, turtle you got me there. I was thinking of dropping by the tailor on the first day, maybe second to 4th day st Hua Hin/ Pattaya then come back for second fitting and explore bkk subsequently thereafter.

One thing I wanna ask, can I drop by Udon Thani during my trip?

U may but might be very rush cause u cant spend much time there. Some tailor shop might take a few fitting so u cant be out for too many days.
 

Beno777

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
1,878
Reaction score
14
Hi Ape and Turtle, turtle you got me there. I was thinking of dropping by the tailor on the first day, maybe second to 4th day st Hua Hin/ Pattaya then come back for second fitting and explore bkk subsequently thereafter.

One thing I wanna ask, can I drop by Udon Thani during my trip?

Of cos u can, whereby domestic flight will take you there slightly over an hour. But then unless u have specified plan in udon, otherwise i dun think that place has much to offer.
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Hi Ape and Turtle, turtle you got me there. I was thinking of dropping by the tailor on the first day, maybe second to 4th day st Hua Hin/ Pattaya then come back for second fitting and explore bkk subsequently thereafter.

One thing I wanna ask, can I drop by Udon Thani during my trip?

Of cos u can, whereby domestic flight will take you there slightly over an hour. But then unless u have specified plan in udon, otherwise i dun think that place has much to offer.

like bro beno has said udon thani damn boring place. i am heading there in april to visit my soon to be mom in law.
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
U may but might be very rush cause u cant spend much time there. Some tailor shop might take a few fitting so u cant be out for too many days.

I was thinking of just away for 2 whole day before coming back. :s13:
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
Of cos u can, whereby domestic flight will take you there slightly over an hour. But then unless u have specified plan in udon, otherwise i dun think that place has much to offer.

I was thinking about there cos i kinda knew a lady from there :s13:

But of course, not necessarily must go :s13:
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,240
Reaction score
4,848
like bro beno has said udon thani damn boring place. i am heading there in april to visit my soon to be mom in law.

as long as people are interesting can liao :)
how long by bus to udon thani?
how much further to reach nong khai?

kob khun krap
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
as long as people are interesting can liao :)
how long by bus to udon thani?
how much further to reach nong khai?

kob khun krap

bus you sure want take bus. longer then SG to KL man. i think a good 10 hours at least.
 

rrr2015

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
13,240
Reaction score
4,848
bus you sure want take bus. longer then SG to KL man. i think a good 10 hours at least.

over night bus from Suvarnabhum, save a night accomodation expenses :) but interested to go nong khai as well from there
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top