fitness first

wayneee

Reaction score
how are the gym crowds now bros? lets say 7-9pm? used to be a FF member many years back...but was fed up with the crowd and the yearly price increase...
saw that there is an option to 'customise' the membership package now.
getting old...feeling unfit liao...thought of visiting the gyms again :D

Hive

Reaction score
how are the gym crowds now bros? lets say 7-9pm? used to be a FF member many years back...but was fed up with the crowd and the yearly price increase...
well, you can sign up online with fitness first and try out. Crowd not so bad overall for 18 clubs but need to book using app some facilities like steam sauna not available have to bring own bottles to fill up waters cup not provided. The price is all quote online. Unless your company have corporate rates or you getting AIA vitality to sign up have to call the club to speak to sales. For example, like 1 year commitment to all club access you are paying 143SGD per month but early termination charges is 50 percent of remaining commitment, if you getting one month commitment to try out will be extra 55 bucks or 4 months commitment another 20 bucks per month. If you attend classes can buy as add on anytime can remove it no contract required per month basis.

soonchew

Reaction score
IMHO, Very difficult to book slots. Not worth getting. Unless FF location is very convenient to you, or your company pay for it.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Theres a petite lady in a branch in the west....
knn dunno she go gym to workout or chit chat and hang around.
Occupy the incline bench but only utilise it for a while but hog it and then go around do other exercises....

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
since 2020 is has been very difficult to secure bookings of time slots to go to the gym, unlike in the past 2019 able to walk-in, now all have to prebook 46hrs in advance and for popular time/classes in the after work hours it’s like 50-60 people grappling for the 20 spaces available (when fully booked the waitlist can reach 30-40)

sportssg should consider allowing to open at maximum capacity since we now all go back to the office and squeezed on public transportation like 60 people in a bus?

yamashita

Reaction score

My personal experience - I frequent the Market Street location and it's possible to get a gym floor slot the day before.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
overall access to gym floor is still alright, it’s the gx classes that are quite tough to secure a booking.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what bookings first? Gym floor is easy.

Classes, really depends. Freestyle ones conducted by the trainers there = easy. The other classes that use the studio = hard.
group exercise classes at main studio
LM bodypump, bodycombat & bodyattack Bro!

since back to office already, when can SportSG increase the capacity islandwide?

wayneee

Reaction score
Many thanks bros. After reading all your sharing, I am convinced not to join FF...at least for now haha.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone cancelling their membership?

i find the passport pointless now. hardly go CBD even if back to phase2 or phase 1

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone cancelling their membership?

i find the passport pointless now. hardly go CBD even if back to phase2 or phase 1
will have to pay 50% of the remaining months on the contractual obligations right?

smurfzzz

Reaction score
Now have to wear mask for exercise. But they didnt give options for free membership freeze or discount. So $$ sucker.... if not for the multi locations, i would have cancel it.

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now have to wear mask for exercise. But they didnt give options for free membership freeze or discount. So $$ sucker.... if not for the multi locations, i would have cancel it.
They still got mouths to feed so I have empathy.

multi locations doesn’t even attract me as wfh most of the time.. sign one-club is cheaper anyway

smurfzzz

Reaction score
From MOH website today. Waiting for FF update on mask

[Updated 21 Jun 2021] Can indoor mask-off sports/ exercise activities resume?
A: Gyms and fitness studios may resume indoor mask-off sports/ exercise activities in group sizes of up to 2 persons, and in classes of up to 30 persons including the instructor, with safe distancing of at least 2m between individuals and 3m between groups. For mask-on activities and outdoor mask-off activities, these can continue in groups of no more than 5 persons, in classes of up to 30 persons including the instructor. For more details, please refer to SportSG's website here.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
FF requires members to wear mask 😷 at all times hence allowable groups of 5

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.