Five Star Tours Close Down

Laghmani Gold

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Oh well.. gone were the days with 5 stars, I travelled with my gf (now wifey) to KL during my army days and were quite impress with the new double deck coach, comfy and spacious and the travel was very pleasant. financial difficulties may not be due to workers salaries and bonuses, which I think is due to investments failed from other sources that lead to closing down the company and five stars itself is already not very profitable, thus closing down may be a good move. but all these are only guessing, nevertheless, not sure how are the affected people going back to MY and for holidays.

:(
 

Reggieluke

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Dynasty Travel helping affected Fivestars Tours customers

Hey guys,

if you are one of those affected by the sudden closure of FiveStars Tours, Check out Dynasty Travel initiative for all affected customers. Pretty impressive i must say. Free Coach services for those going back to malaysia for the chinese new year.

Power!

www.facebook.com/dynastytravel
 

GhostWhere29

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
6
so bad , ptd ltd bo liabilities :(
wonder if they can transfer customer money to elsewhere and keep the money ?
 

Kyee_chong

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I already bought 2 ticket back to penang, 140sgd each =.= sad dao...

I just called CASE, but they tell me to contact Small Claim to ask for refund woo...

Gonna call them later during lunch time...

I bought their ticket too ><
Can I know if you got call SCT and what did they reply?
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,640
Reaction score
20,133
Quite surprise. I did enjoyed their Turkey Tour during 2009..................:)
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,502
Reaction score
12
Hey guys,

if you are one of those affected by the sudden closure of FiveStars Tours, Check out Dynasty Travel initiative for all affected customers. Pretty impressive i must say. Free Coach services for those going back to malaysia for the chinese new year.

Power!

www.facebook.com/dynastytravel

1 free coach for 35 passengers. more like a marketing gimmic.
 

ZipperHa

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
From my investigation, most likely the Five Stars Tours closure is a preemptive move of the company. Too many activities towards the end of Oct/Nov 2013. When they ask you to go to Small Claim for refund, most likely you will not get back your money. Reasons being they don't need to care for the reputation of the company. Companies refund is usually based on goodwill.

Unless you are willing to fork out minimum S$5k for a lawyer to file a case with the Magistrate Court, there is no way the money will be able to be recovered.

For those affected customers, I think it is better to collectively combine the amount and pressed charges against Five Stars Tour.
 

ltybuddycoach

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
PM @ ltybuddycoach@hotmail.com for Private Coach to KL during CNY on 29 Jan 14

I have some limited seats on a private luxury limousine coach traveling from Singapore to KL(Times Square) on 29 Jan 14 Wednesday. PM me or email me for more info on the vacancies and the price status of the private coach.

Cheers
 

ltybuddycoach

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
CNY Bus Tix to KL @ only $90! Limited vacancies! 29 Jan 14

Any interested to find Private coach service bring your from Singapore to KL on 29 Jan 14 . There are limited vaccines left ! Each Seats are $90SGD. THe Bus ride just before the Chinese New Year. PM Me or SMS me at 92374909.
 

strang3r9

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Basically nothing =.=

I bought their ticket too ><
Can I know if you got call SCT and what did they reply?

I called SCT just now, and the reply is rather... cold...

Basically I wanna ask for advice, on what I should do, and how and what might be the outcome. But all I get is, "I can only tell you the procedure...". When I ask about any people called regarding the same matter, they just tell me they cant disclose anything from other cases. I don't know what kind of reply I should have expected from them, but the call lasted like less than 5 mins, and I just end up telling them I will find more info on their website and hung up the phone... I guess I've expected them to be a bit more "kind"?

So in the end, they didn't really "help" me, instead I have to go dig around on their website and see what I can do. Seriously, when normal consumer like me, come across this "hearing", "court" thingy, we tend to back out a bit, and it just get harder to press on the matter without anyone to provide more info and guidance... I guess I'm on my own now, whether to go on with the whole thing...

If there's anyone who has already went through the whole procedure for the claim, I hope you don't mind provide some insight on the matter.

Cheers!
 

dibromoethene

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2001
Messages
521
Reaction score
6
Does anyone know of a forum or facebook group for victims to get together and discuss the matter?

My parents have paid thousands for a tour package just wanna see who else is out there with the same issue...
 

spinball

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
I called SCT just now, and the reply is rather... cold...

Basically I wanna ask for advice, on what I should do, and how and what might be the outcome. But all I get is, "I can only tell you the procedure...". When I ask about any people called regarding the same matter, they just tell me they cant disclose anything from other cases. I don't know what kind of reply I should have expected from them, but the call lasted like less than 5 mins, and I just end up telling them I will find more info on their website and hung up the phone... I guess I've expected them to be a bit more "kind"?

So in the end, they didn't really "help" me, instead I have to go dig around on their website and see what I can do. Seriously, when normal consumer like me, come across this "hearing", "court" thingy, we tend to back out a bit, and it just get harder to press on the matter without anyone to provide more info and guidance... I guess I'm on my own now, whether to go on with the whole thing...

If there's anyone who has already went through the whole procedure for the claim, I hope you don't mind provide some insight on the matter.

Cheers!


Just came back from the "consultation" two days ago at Small Claim Tribunal. No Five Stars representative is present. The Registrar at the SCT just issued a "Court of Tribunal" and tell us to engage our lawyer as it is beyond SCT.

So in other words, going to SCT or CASE does not help.
 

samyee

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, i happened to have an extra CNY coach ticket for route SG to Kuala Lumpur.

The coach details are as follow.

Coach company name: Transtar Travel
Coach type: Solitaire
Departure date: 28.01.2014
Departure time: 7PM
Check in place: Golden Mile Complex

Please text me if keen.

Regards,
Sam
 

Carcharias

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
892
Reaction score
0
I already bought 2 ticket back to penang, 140sgd each =.= sad dao...

I just called CASE, but they tell me to contact Small Claim to ask for refund woo...

Gonna call them later during lunch time...
Go Penang u no sit plane? Cheaper somemore.. I booked for cny period $110/pax only.. Return trip all in..
 

Reggieluke

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Dynasty Travel Fest' Preview Fair

Come on down to Dynasty Travel Fest’ Preview Fair this weekend to enjoy our exclusive Holiday promotions!

Here are the details:
Where: Millenia Walk, the Great Hall
When: 27th & 28 September 2014
Time: 12pm - 7pm (Sat) | 10am - 8pm (Sun)

For a sneak preview of what we have to offer, click here:
http://bit.ly/DTTravelfest2014

For those of you, who are too tied up to make your way down to the Fair this weekend, fret not!

Log on to Dynasty Travel Website at your own convenience to book your holidays with our dedicated online Tour Consultant and enjoy the same Dynasty Travel Fest’ Preview Fair promotions! And on top of that, we will be giving away Special Online Discount codes for an additional $50 off*. Check with our online Tour Consultant for more details.

Great Value. Great Holiday. Worry Free Holiday Awaits you!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top