Forex Cryptocurrency General Chit Chat Thread 2019

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
9,605
Reaction score
854
Hey I never claim I am professional trader. So why say I wannabe? I deal with hedge funds in my career but not as a trader and certainly not idiotic enough to deal on all kind of pricing. The only idiot I see here is you.... Dun know your stuff and BS... And allow yourself to be spread... Wahahaaa what a champion trader. Even as a retail trader, I will still check brokerage cost and only deal via platforms that are cheaper. You are a joke lah even as a retail trader.

Yeah, the Saxo options desk must love this guy.

(Actually, no, that’s not true, they probably don’t even notice him. His $100k tickets would barely even show up in their pin reports.)

Out of curiosity, what do/did you do that brought you hedge-fund-adjacent?
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
17:00 EUR German Ifo Business Climate Index

17:30 EUR ECB's Coeure Speaks
18:00 USD FOMC Member Harker Speaks
 

atf0007

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
261
Reaction score
3
Yeah, the Saxo options desk must love this guy.

(Actually, no, that’s not true, they probably don’t even notice him. His $100k tickets would barely even show up in their pin reports.)

Out of curiosity, what do/did you do that brought you hedge-fund-adjacent?

I am currently a FICC sales person. My clients are mainly hedge funds and real money accounts.
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
EUR German Ifo Business Climate 99.6(actual) vs 98.7(forecast)


Euro and GBP kee kee kee!!! :eek:
 

atf0007

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
261
Reaction score
3
Oh cool - that's a nice seat to be in. I was on the trading side... lots of stress and no expense account :p

Anyone working in Markets would be stressed. The higher your compen and budget, the more stress you would be subject to. So probably you are well taken care of.

Always easy to view the grass as greener on the other side. Sales always have to suck it up to clients and hedge fund clients are not the easiest of people to deal with. I got my job after my predecessor made a mistake and lost some money while dealing. So that is always a reminder to me that shelf life is short in this job. And in this line, you do not see many past 40. I would wish that many of my clients are like VB but sadly his type of dealing is just not the typical buying behaviour of hedge fund managers. However, I think VB is just a retail trader instead of the fund manager that he makes himself to be.
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Anyone working in Markets would be stressed. The higher your compen and budget, the more stress you would be subject to. So probably you are well taken care of.

Always easy to view the grass as greener on the other side. Sales always have to suck it up to clients and hedge fund clients are not the easiest of people to deal with. I got my job after my predecessor made a mistake and lost some money while dealing. So that is always a reminder to me that shelf life is short in this job. And in this line, you do not see many past 40. I would wish that many of my clients are like VB but sadly his type of dealing is just not the typical buying behaviour of hedge fund managers. However, I think VB is just a retail trader instead of the fund manager that he makes himself to be.

This forum has already seen two people gone mad-retail traders who think they are fund managers/investment bankers. :o
 

blurinvestor

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
965
Reaction score
0
V3UUd99.jpg


stress free, trading for yourself


watch EURNZD :)

me 1 position
 

atf0007

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2018
Messages
261
Reaction score
3
This forum has already seen two people gone mad-retail traders who think they are fund managers/investment bankers. :o

Fund managers, investment bankers would not be traders here lah…. internal compliance is so strict - I need to declare all trades and get it approved before I can trade. The occasional trade is ok but if you trade too many times, your compliance will call you up. Maybe they are ex fund managers now trading for their own account. Dun know but sometimes you can tell from the stuff they write whether they are real or bs. Knowledge cannot be bluffed - either you have or know or you dun have and dun know.
For me, I just come here to look see look see, stir a bit here and there for fun.
 

MrPippen

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
37,929
Reaction score
5
Fund managers, investment bankers would not be traders here lah…. internal compliance is so strict - I need to declare all trades and get it approved before I can trade. The occasional trade is ok but if you trade too many times, your compliance will call you up. Maybe they are ex fund managers now trading for their own account. Dun know but sometimes you can tell from the stuff they write whether they are real or bs. Knowledge cannot be bluffed - either you have or know or you dun have and dun know.
For me, I just come here to look see look see, stir a bit here and there for fun.

stir ah stir ah
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top