Forum content Search related problems :(

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,212
Reaction score
10,771
Previously on vBulletin I search for my name and I get every thread I’d posted in, whether it was started by me or by others.

Now if I search for my name I only get threads started by me.

Is there a different way to go about searching for threads I’d posted in even if I’m not the TS?
 

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
49,110
Reaction score
6,464
Previously on vBulletin I search for my name and I get every thread I’d posted in, whether it was started by me or by others.

Now if I search for my name I only get threads started by me.

Is there a different way to go about searching for threads I’d posted in even if I’m not the TS?
i have same question too
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,129
Previously on vBulletin I search for my name and I get every thread I’d posted in, whether it was started by me or by others.

Now if I search for my name I only get threads started by me.

Is there a different way to go about searching for threads I’d posted in even if I’m not the TS?
i have same question too

No leh, the default result is by posts. See here for example.... all of these respective links take me to the posts I've made. This is based on username search only:-

1616991446364.png

I would have to use Advanced Search if I only want the Threads to be listed and not by posts.
 

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2001
Messages
49,110
Reaction score
6,464
No leh, the default result is by posts. See here for example.... all of these respective links take me to the posts I've made. This is based on username search only:-

View attachment 28693

I would have to use Advanced Search if I only want the Threads to be listed and not by posts.
means......many threads on old forums...no longer ported to new forum?

cause i expected the tanjong pagar thread to appear.....



edit: i just checked....that thread the posts up till 25th Feb only?
 

WestGuy

Banned
Joined
Mar 11, 2001
Messages
14,056
Reaction score
417
When i use the search function to search my userid, it only brings up threads that i started, and not threads that i commented on?
 

Shion

Senior Mentor
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
376,276
Reaction score
122,415
i rmb there is this function where you can search the forum for the latest threads which is unread since your last visit ?

the function is it available ?
 

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,212
Reaction score
10,771
No leh, the default result is by posts. See here for example.... all of these respective links take me to the posts I've made. This is based on username search only:-

View attachment 28693

I would have to use Advanced Search if I only want the Threads to be listed and not by posts.
Nope. If I search my own username, the only result where I am not the TS is this thread. All other results are the ones where I am the TS.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,129
Nope. If I search my own username, the only result where I am not the TS is this thread. All other results are the ones where I am the TS.

I think I found a limitation of sorts. Will have to check with server admin.

It searches exactly how you want, if the posts are already made in the new forum.

However, I can't see my posts made in thread where I'm not a TS --- if the participation took place prior to migrating to the new forums.
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,741
Reaction score
3,579
i try to search thread based on my nick... but nth come out
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,129
i try to search thread based on my nick... but nth come out

At the moment, it doesn't seem to work well with content from the old forums.
i.e. it can only pick up threads if you've been a TS from the old forums.
on the new forums, it can pick up threads as long as you've participated in them.
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,741
Reaction score
3,579
ya new post will pick up.. old post cannot

At the moment, it doesn't seem to work well with content from the old forums.
i.e. it can only pick up threads if you've been a TS from the old forums.
on the new forums, it can pick up threads as long as you've participated in them.
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
How to search/filter easily the threads I myself posted?

Can't find in the search function, nor in your content, which includes both threads started and posts made.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,381
Reaction score
1,551
I tried searching for contents posted by myself. Search results are pretty bad. Only a handful of my early 2021 posts came out ... Is there anyway to improve search results?
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
I tried searching for contents posted by myself. Search results are pretty bad. Only a handful of my early 2021 posts came out ... Is there anyway to improve search results?
Seems everything pre-migration, search result function cannot grab. At least thats how it seems.
 

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
16,677
Reaction score
1,588
@chiokcc Maybe for the present moment, for threads you create, place a identifiable tag reflective of your user id in the thread title. Then in the search function, just search titles for that tag.

For me, I have just started to create threads with the title containing the following tag: #kaisoz
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,129
Currently, the pre-migrated forum search index and searching needs some re-work. Devs will be working with ITD to sort this out.

What it can do is pick up threads you've started in the old forum.
It somehow is unable to pick up posts you've participated in other people's threads from the old forums.

Contents created from the new forum seem to be fetching properly.

I tried searching for contents posted by myself. Search results are pretty bad. Only a handful of my early 2021 posts came out ... Is there anyway to improve search results?

Seems everything pre-migration, search result function cannot grab. At least thats how it seems.
 

zzzzzzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
48,788
Reaction score
10,956
i realise i cannot find the search threads started by myself or by other users function
but i can search posts
is the search threads started by users gone?
:(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top