Forum content Search related problems :(

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,213
Reaction score
10,771
Currently, the pre-migrated forum search index and searching needs some re-work. Devs will be working with ITD to sort this out.

What it can do is pick up threads you've started in the old forum.
It somehow is unable to pick up posts you've participated in other people's threads from the old forums.

Contents created from the new forum seem to be fetching properly.
It’s more than this ...

On vBulletin I search my name a lot as my way of keeping track of active threads that I’d participated in ... as in, threads that I’d participated in and have replies, will be the 1st few results ... threads that I’d participated in but have no new replies will be below all the active threads, in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages.

Right now I search my name in this Xenforo forum, I get my posts in that thread by chronological order of when I’d made that post ... if my post was from 1 or 2 days ago but there are 1, 2, 3 pages of posts by other forumers, the display order of the search results is still based on when I last posted in that thread. This makes it hard for me to track my participation in active threads.

Do the folks at Xenforo have a fix for that?
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,130

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,130
ya new post will pick up.. old post cannot

Seems everything pre-migration, search result function cannot grab. At least thats how it seems.

Nope. If I search my own username, the only result where I am not the TS is this thread. All other results are the ones where I am the TS.

Hey guys, the search index is re-worked and it will now fetch queries properly across the old and new forum collectively - be it if you're the thread starter or not.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,162
Reaction score
3,130
It’s more than this ...

On vBulletin I search my name a lot as my way of keeping track of active threads that I’d participated in ... as in, threads that I’d participated in and have replies, will be the 1st few results ... threads that I’d participated in but have no new replies will be below all the active threads, in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages.

Right now I search my name in this Xenforo forum, I get my posts in that thread by chronological order of when I’d made that post ... if my post was from 1 or 2 days ago but there are 1, 2, 3 pages of posts by other forumers, the display order of the search results is still based on when I last posted in that thread. This makes it hard for me to track my participation in active threads.

Do the folks at Xenforo have a fix for that?
Hi @CCCustom

Could you try your search again but alter the drop-down option from 'Everywhere' to 'Threads' ?
1617987376799.png
I just came to know that "Everywhere" is displaying content based on relevance.
Whereas "Threads" seems to order content just purely based on the activity level of threads that contain your search query - basically based on chronological order.

Give it a try again?
 

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,213
Reaction score
10,771
Hi @CCCustom

Could you try your search again but alter the drop-down option from 'Everywhere' to 'Threads' ?
View attachment 28712
I just came to know that "Everywhere" is displaying content based on relevance.
Whereas "Threads" seems to order content just purely based on the activity level of threads that contain your search query - basically based on chronological order.

Give it a try again?
No difference when searching “By: <Member Name>“ ... think changing “Everywhere” to “Threads” only affects the keyword search. If I search by Member Name the order is still based on when I posted in the threads.

Back in vBulletin if I search by Member Name the order is based on last activity in the threads.
 

CI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
21,918
Reaction score
4,409
Encountered a bug? If I do a search on my previous posts (be it manually or clicking on "Your content"), the results will only show my posts from Mar 12 or earlier. Posts later than that doesn't turn up.
What's going on?
 

savoirex

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2015
Messages
69,088
Reaction score
17,008
Moi posts are missing from 13 Mar to 8 Apr when i clicked on 'Your Content'...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top