Galaxy Note 3 on VoLTE

Peabrain

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
315
Reaction score
0
Does it happen at one location? I have no problem sending sms ever since on clearvoice, and that my sms is sent in 1second..

It happens all the time. @ home , in office and my friends home. So is this some kind of software glitch?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
It happens all the time. @ home , in office and my friends home. So is this some kind of software glitch?

Could be sim card, could be phone. Its difficult to isolate the fault now.. perhaps you can call in to singtel and ask for assistance?
 

Peabrain

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
315
Reaction score
0
Could be sim card, could be phone. Its difficult to isolate the fault now.. perhaps you can call in to singtel and ask for assistance?

Hmm.. never had problem with sending sms with my note 3. So dun think is phone issue.
Will call sing tel and check. Thanxs
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
Need help on setting my phone to Singtel's CSC as I bought it from Red white mobile. Anyone can provide guide please?
 

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
This is quite weird, I expect it to work on LTE network only. But the logo also appear for WCDMA (3G) and GPRS (2G).

Worse still, the logo also stay when I disable the feature on phone :vijayadmin:
 

kero89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
9,031
Reaction score
82
This is quite weird, I expect it to work on LTE network only. But the logo also appear for WCDMA (3G) and GPRS (2G).

Worse still, the logo also stay when I disable the feature on phone :vijayadmin:

yea that's normal. i tink its a bug on software level.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Since Starhub has already rolled out its HD Voice+ (VoLTE), perhaps starhub users can also share your user experiences with us, and I would love to test if singtel VoLTE and starhub VoLTE can call each other and still experience the goodness while crossing carriers..
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
bump :s12:

Since Starhub has already rolled out its HD Voice+ (VoLTE), perhaps starhub users can also share your user experiences with us, and I would love to test if singtel VoLTE and starhub VoLTE can call each other and still experience the goodness while crossing carriers..
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
*only for singtel users*

Some of you might have realised you have network issues when your VoLTE is activated.

Common problems:
1) Cannot dial in dial out even though the network reception is healthy.

2) VoLTE arrows disappear in areas where 4G is present.

You can try the below steps and let us knownif it works. At least for now, it works well for me and i will monitor for a while.

Steps:
1) Navigate to settings > connections > More networks

2) select mobile network > access point names > then tap on IMS.

Once you select IMS, the option is highlighted and after a few seconds, it will automatically select Singtel (Postpaid) APN.

I tried this method and i got my arrows back after i lost it in areas with good 4G signal strength..
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Thanks but it does not work for me. Still not getting the VoLTE arrows consistently with 4G, sometimes incoming calls not getting through with strong network signal.


*only for singtel users*

Some of you might have realised you have network issues when your VoLTE is activated.

Common problems:
1) Cannot dial in dial out even though the network reception is healthy.

2) VoLTE arrows disappear in areas where 4G is present.

You can try the below steps and let us knownif it works. At least for now, it works well for me and i will monitor for a while.

Steps:
1) Navigate to settings > connections > More networks

2) select mobile network > access point names > then tap on IMS.

Once you select IMS, the option is highlighted and after a few seconds, it will automatically select Singtel (Postpaid) APN.

I tried this method and i got my arrows back after i lost it in areas with good 4G signal strength..
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
I have the common problems with this VOLTE. I called singtel and they told me to wait patiently for the software update to appear and it will solve these issues. Apparently, the latest software is NE4 and I am on NF3.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I have the common problems with this VOLTE. I called singtel and they told me to wait patiently for the software update to appear and it will solve these issues. Apparently, the latest software is NE4 and I am on NF3.

NF3 is to add support for starhub's HD Voice+.. therefore i think future updates will resolve such problems.
 

SK318C

Master Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1
I didn't know the arrow icons is for this VoLTE.
Will this thing uses more data?
My data usage is normally around 300 to 500MB per month, but now suddenly 1GB 2 weeks only (according to the Singtel App) since getting this VoLTE.
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,552
Reaction score
6,445
Answer is on page 2.

ClearVoice | SingTel

Q. Which price plans are eligible for 4G ClearVoice?
A. 4G ClearVoice is available on all current data mobile plans: Super Lite, Lite, Value, Plus and Prestige mobile plans with 4G VAS on supported handsets are eligible for 4G ClearVoice from 31st May 2014. Calls made between two parties on supported handsets will experience crystal clear voice quality and super-fast call setup at less than 2s.

Q. What are the charges for 4G ClearVoice?
4G ClearVoice is currently free (no monthly subscription) for customers on eligible price plans with 4G VAS.
4G voice minutes are billed at the same rate as your current voice rates. Minutes of usage will be deducted from your price plan bundle and if any, additional talktime Add-Ons. Excess talktime will be charged at the rate of 16.05 cents per minute.
No local data will be deducted from your data allowance for the use of 4G ClearVoice.
 

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
8,906
Reaction score
394
One of the tester reported this problem on his thread. He shared how to resolved it. Also a fix is coming .

Thou I think is scary not to be able to receive phone call. I will never know until someone tells me.

How do you realize you cannot receive phone call? Jus to share.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
There is a software update today: NG2 from the older NF3.

Perhaps users experiencing batt drain or VoLTE issues can try if it works, because the update is to improve stability.

Screenshot_2014-08-05-16-19-03_zpsfe220913.png
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
I have updated to the latest firmware on Saturday, same issues as I can't make calls. Have yet to test out on receiving calls. Really wished they would get the act together before rolling this out. At lest I know what is happening after reading this thread but most are unaware of the issues.
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,552
Reaction score
6,445
i find recent days my note 3 battery went down fast too not sure what causes been monitoring my "running application" all seems normal.

Just disabled VOLTE on the call option to see if it is better...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top