Gaming mouse recommendation

XseanX

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
4,922
Reaction score
324
nobody sarpork steel series?

SteelSeries no real revolutionary nor unique design lor..
+ very expensive

Used one a couple years back, together with their 7G mech keyboard. Kinda agreed that there is not much new features being introduced when they come out with a new mouse, guess their main intention is to build robust and reliable peripherals with non of those extra blings. Frankly to say, their build quality is really no horse run de, that explain the high cost ba...

Wow thanks guys! Didn't know u guys are so supportive! Yeah Im into gaming. Probably have sent thousands of hours in last two decades that explains I have been torturing my mouses. As my hand grip was also injured before so long hours of playing games has hurted my reflexes :( anyway, I'm into fps and rts gaming. Still undecided at this moment. Is wondering whether comex show is good place to buy mices.. :D

Didn't really see much gaming mouse being sold in comex or prehaps I missed it. Your best bet to shop around is still SLS where u can even try on some of the displayed mouse and see which one you liked the most.

Using Logitech m705, not a gaming mouse but heck the batteries can last more than 2 years!

Haha, yea, I am also using it for my notebook, the batteries can really last thus its call the marathon mouse, had not change my batteries since I purchased it around a year back. Not to mention that it have a nice ergonomic shape too and that is one of the reason I choose it over most of the newer wireless portable mouse.
 

Spartan11012

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Ive had my razer deatheradder for 2+ years and I am absolutely in love with the ergonomics of the mice.

Once you get used to it's grip, its just an amazing mice to hold. The extra buttons on the left side are perfectly placed for your thumb. The sensation of each click feels solid and responsive.

I'd go as far as saying, once my current deathadder meets its end, ill most likely just buy a new deathadder.
 

majora

Master Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
2,976
Reaction score
8
Deathadder for me too, it's getting worn out but functioning well. Should I replace it with steel series rival? I need fast click response.
 

bloo1998

Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
110
Reaction score
9
My old deathadder Lefty ver. also getting old alr, any recommended mice thats also lefty?
 

kimaking

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Wow thanks guys! Didn't know u guys are so supportive! Yeah Im into gaming. Probably have sent thousands of hours in last two decades that explains I have been torturing my mouses. As my hand grip was also injured before so long hours of playing games has hurted my reflexes :( anyway, I'm into fps and rts gaming. Still undecided at this moment. Is wondering whether comex show is good place to buy mices.. :D

If you're into FPS or RTS gaming like Dota2, you can checkout Microsoft Intelli explorer 3.0/MOD SteelSeries. Or SteelSeries Sensei. I would say SteelSeries is one of the best FPS gaming mouse IMO, created not for those fanciful designs and multiple side buttons like some others unless you're playing mmorpgs (Only 2 buttons left&right side). Having a simple design build for comfortable grip and left/right handers, I don't play mmo so having so many buttons is redundant for me. I chose optical over laser mices but end of the day it boils down to your own preference and observations what you deem is best. As a competitive CS player, having the right mouse is always the main priority for me. Comex will be a good place to buy gaming mices at cheaper rates if you already know what you want.
 

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
29,769
Reaction score
91
Ie 3.0 dpi so low...nice to play with full hd screen?
 

kimaking

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Ie 3.0 dpi so low...nice to play with full hd screen?

For FPS or even most games you don't need such high DPI, high DPI = higher sensitivity. I set my profile at 450 CPI/DPI which makes my aiming more perfect and comfortable. But it's up to your own preference, you still need to configure your windows mouse sensitivity and in-game sensitivity to get the best out of it.
 

xtreme84

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
4
G700 battery life is pretty rubbish leh. Cannot use it for more than a day without plugging in the charging cable.

Yah, logitech wireless battery life quite useless, I use the mouse wired. After awhile you season the cable then abit better and not so rigid but its a good mouse so I just deal with it.

I think most people recommend using it with eneloops if going wireless.

Yes, the G700 battery life s horrible, the need to charge it every 1 day.

Switched to G602 and been using for months and the battery is still strong.

I have to agree that the G700 really eats batteries like nothing due to its higher polling rate, I presume. But to be fair, During the 2 years that I've been using it, it has never felt like a wireless mouse in the sense that I don't get any lag, etc... Also, the battery life of the non-gaming mice from Logitech are pretty alright.

I switched from my MX518 to the G700 as the drag from the cord was getting to me. I use rechargeable batteries from Sanyo and Sony and always have one pre-charged so that I can just swap out the batteries and keep gaming while I charge the depleted one. There's also a low-battery indicator to warn you so you won't die mid-game. Maybe I'm not such a hardcore gamer as I only have to charge it once every couple of days.

Recently, I tried out the method mentioned in this thread to give my MX518 a new lease of life. I still love the feel of the MX518, but I'm not sure how long I can use it without feeling annoyed about the drag from the cord.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top