Gas pipe installation

hazardous

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Seeking your help here..

I'm currently getting quotes to renovate my new place, but kinda stuck at the gas pipe part. I need to extend the existing gas pipe by about 1m for my citygas dryer at the yard area.

So far I've got one quote from my ID, and she quoted $1,600 just to extend the pipe out. She said its because of the permits thats why so expensive. Is this normal??

Condo by the way

LiLAsN

Reaction score
Gas piping, if you use ID, they are still going to call City Gas down since they have most if not, the only rights to doing gas piping. So call City Gas and ask what their quote is. It could end up being a lot cheaper and not to mention, safer and definitely legal too. Go that route first.

hazardous

Reaction score
Gas piping, if you use ID, they are still going to call City Gas down since they have most if not, the only rights to doing gas piping. So call City Gas and ask what their quote is. It could end up being a lot cheaper and not to mention, safer and definitely legal too. Go that route first.

Called Citygas previously, they said need to engage our own gas contractor and must be certified. Can find certified gas worker from the EMA website.

So anyway, I called one of the contractors from the website, he quoted me slightly cheaper la, but said its going to be expensive as the permit already going to cost $1k. He shared that HDB job easier, max $150. But condo expect to pay much much more

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tell City gas that u r interested to buy the gas dryer and required installation and require to extend the piping. In this case. U might be able to save more.

Delkenobi

Reaction score
@hazardous Im in the same boat with u. Im looking for a gas service worker. Let me know if u find one that doesnt charge an arm and a leg. or we can cham xiong and nego for double deal 😆

hazardous

Reaction score
@hazardous Im in the same boat with u. Im looking for a gas service worker. Let me know if u find one that doesnt charge an arm and a leg. or we can cham xiong and nego for double deal 😆

Cheapest quote I got was $1k, which is still crazy expensive. Anyway I decided to go for electrical dryer instead, since it doesn't make $$ sense to pay $1k just for a pipe to use a gas dryer. Luckily my new place already has a gas point at the cooker hob area, so don't need to change any pipes

Delkenobi

Reaction score
Cheapest quote I got was $1k, which is still crazy expensive. Anyway I decided to go for electrical dryer instead, since it doesn't make $$ sense to pay $1k just for a pipe to use a gas dryer. Luckily my new place already has a gas point at the cooker hob area, so don't need to change any pipes
Managed to find one for $600/-. 🥲 still alot though for something so trivial.

cclaw11

Reaction score
Hi, can I pls reopen this topic? My 20yo condo unit has existing gas piping. Am renovating kitchen. But ID said when hacking walls, gas pipe will need to be replaced and quoted $1.6k plus for the job. This is out of pocket and said direct to installer but no receipt. Is this the norm? And is $1.6k excessive?

cclaw11

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Seeking your help here..

I'm currently getting quotes to renovate my new place, but kinda stuck at the gas pipe part. I need to extend the existing gas pipe by about 1m for my citygas dryer at the yard area.

So far I've got one quote from my ID, and she quoted $1,600 just to extend the pipe out. She said its because of the permits thats why so expensive. Is this normal??

Condo by the way
Hi Delkenobi,

could you pls share your contact with me too? My ID quoted me $3-4k for this. Thanks!
Varnia, did you do your gas piping in the end?

wlcling

Reaction score
Hi, can I pls reopen this topic? My 20yo condo unit has existing gas piping. Am renovating kitchen. But ID said when hacking walls, gas pipe will need to be replaced and quoted $1.6k plus for the job. This is out of pocket and said direct to installer but no receipt. Is this the norm? And is $1.6k excessive?

Most IDs i went to didnt seem to fancy touching the wall area that holds the gas hob piping as its a troublesome job and also yeah out of their hands. Also concealed gas pipes, there are some rules to placements etc.. im not too familiar but maybe can ask in the reno thread.

cclaw11

Reaction score
Most IDs i went to didnt seem to fancy touching the wall area that holds the gas hob piping as its a troublesome job and also yeah out of their hands. Also concealed gas pipes, there are some rules to placements etc.. im not too familiar but maybe can ask in the reno thread.
I see. Tks for your reply.

varnia

Reaction score
Varnia, did you do your gas piping in the end?
Yes I did. I went to Citygas ad got them to recommend. If you want the contact, pm me separately as I’m not sure about putting his contact here.

cclaw11

Reaction score
Yes I did. I went to Citygas ad got them to recommend. If you want the contact, pm me separately as I’m not sure about putting his contact here.
I can’t seem to pm u. Btw, is yours private condo? Can you pls share your contact? Tks so much Varnia.

varnia

Reaction score
I can’t seem to pm u. Btw, is yours private condo? Can you pls share your contact? Tks so much Varnia.
I sent you a conversation thread. Have given you the contact there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.