General S-REITs Discussion Thread

zzTiny

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2021
Messages
2,041
Reaction score
642
Hi folks,
I am quite interested in reits and been asking everywhere. Can folks here tell me more about sg reits and why you choose to invest in reits or any particular reits. Thanks!
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,538
Reaction score
6,105
Hi folks,
I am quite interested in reits and been asking everywhere. Can folks here tell me more about sg reits and why you choose to invest in reits or any particular reits. Thanks!
Under SG law, REITs are required to distribute a minimum of 90% of their taxable income to shareholders as a dividend. REITs distribute dividend every quarterly or semi annually.

There are REITs in different sectors, contain different risk.
There are good and lousy REITs, so need to read their FA when choosing which to buy.
Average dividend 4% to 7%. Any REITs dividend more than 9% need to be caution.

To learn more about REITs, just google and read. There are lots of information and blogs regarding REITs.
 

zzTiny

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2021
Messages
2,041
Reaction score
642
To learn more about REITs, just google and read. There are lots of information and blogs regarding REITs.
Hmm, OK, quite brief introduction. Care to tell why you invest in reits in general or in any particular reits instead of more towards equity?

As for reading FA, I assume p.b is the main thing to look at? Or anything I have look for? Personally, I see large market cap reits seems to be delivering quite well.
 

yumsang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
10,222
Reaction score
1,941
Hi folks,
I am quite interested in reits and been asking everywhere. Can folks here tell me more about sg reits and why you choose to invest in reits or any particular reits. Thanks!

perhaps you would like to share why you are interested in sg reits
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,538
Reaction score
6,105
Hmm, OK, quite brief introduction. Care to tell why you invest in reits in general or in any particular reits instead of more towards equity?

As for reading FA, I assume p.b is the main thing to look at? Or anything I have look for? Personally, I see large market cap reits seems to be delivering quite well.
"To learn more about REITs, just google and read. There are lots of information and blogs regarding REITs."
Example;
https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&...apore-reits/&usg=AOvVaw2qh7iVsbsPxepylI-gmwpT
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,538
Reaction score
6,105
Missed the chance the buy previous as i think the price is high. I think now is fair value. All priced in.
Agree, price too high now.

Take note:
Ascott Residence Trust price crash 5% down due to PP.
AA REITs price crash down 10% due to CEO and CFO quit.
 

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
Yes i dont even deny Reits performce is Ultra sensitive ,alwys Flux! , hence I hardly Pick anythg ie Dramatic !

I conte to buy those i trusted even though @ ATH using CPF!!!!!!!!! so gd! All in, cant stop!
all my frens into investmts too



I Rem mnac & some r in loss yet pp luv Maple & collect them All
mapletree north asia https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/RW0U
Total Assets8,088.67MTotal Debt3,271.32M
Cash & Short Term Investments252.20MLong Term Debt / Equity70.020
Return on Equity (ROE)-5.843Return on Assets (ROA)-3.173
Asset Turnover0.047CapEx-0.96M
Current Ratio0.743Quick Ratio0.742
Total Revenue391.42MRevenue/employee-
EBITDA268.47MNet Interest Coverage0.493
Operating Income-206.33MNet Income-265.79M
Operating Margin-52.714Net Profit Margin-67.591
Revenue/share 5 yr growth-1.198EPS 5 yr growth-
All data based on last reported information from 31 Mar 2021
nt impressd by these too https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/N2IU
https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/ME8U
i made mistkes too, nt sure why i get MLT ?????? i hope it Wont disappt!!!

will avoid shortlist those highlighted below: u will see tt nt all DCs r in (too much dramatic movmt or too ex)
too overhyped
https://photos.google.com/u/4/share...?key=QXZwOFJTXzMxOV9VWVB4VEFUOHdPazlFX2xkbE9Rhttps://photos.google.com/u/4/share...?key=QXZwOFJTXzMxOV9VWVB4VEFUOHdPazlFX2xkbE9R
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
Did Sassuer continued to pay the same level of dividend in thd last round despite a drop in net profit? Or did i misread something?
 

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top