General S-REITs Discussion Thread

luckyplate

Senior Member
Joined
May 24, 2010
Messages
644
Reaction score
89
That is good too. But during my times no ETF only the individual REIT get listed so only can buy them individual. Now got ETF it may not be a bad idea but the common argument is what if the ETF include some lousy REIT in it and you have to take it all. A price to pay for everything I guess.
The good part is you don't have to take care of rights issues. ..just enjoy the ride ..
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
The good part is you don't have to take care of rights issues. ..just enjoy the ride ..

I like to apply for excess rights which is essentially free money since it is usually heavily discounted - cant do that with ETF.

And the problem with the ETF market is that there are so many obviously bad REITs that end up in the ETF.

Recently homer123 posted the list of 10 top REIT and 10 worst REIT for 1H23. I am glad to say that of the 10 worst REIT, I owned zero. If I buy REIT ETF, I may be 'forced' to own them. :ROFLMAO:

This week I decided to buy more Frasers Logistics Trust. I think there is a good reason why it is DW's no.1 holding. 💲💲💲
 
Last edited:

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
6,830
Reaction score
3,437
I like to apply for excess rights which is essentially free money since it is usually heavily discounted - cant do that with ETF.

And the problem with the ETF market is that there are so many obviously bad REITs that end up in the ETF.

Recently homer123 posted the list of 10 top REIT and 10 worst REIT for 1H23. I am glad to say that of the 10 worst REIT, I owned zero. If I buy REIT ETF, I may be 'forced' to own them. :ROFLMAO:

This week I decided to buy more Frasers Logistics Trust. I think there is a good reason why it is DW's no.1 holding. 💲💲💲

can very easily tell you don’t know much at all.

Rights issue is priced cheaper becoz it is essentially increasing the share base there by diluting all your existing shares.

the ETF manager will also get the rights issue, and he will secure to ensure the proper balancing of the constituent shares . It’s not like ETF doesn’t get it .
facepalm

lastly , DO NOT blindly follow what others do, that’s the worst investment strategy of all time.

not smart best not to act smart , u making things worse for yourself .
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
can very easily tell you don’t know much at all.

Rights issue is priced cheaper becoz it is essentially increasing the share base there by diluting all your existing shares.

the ETF manager will also get the rights issue, and he will secure to ensure the proper balancing of the constituent shares . It’s not like ETF doesn’t get it .
facepalm

lastly , DO NOT blindly follow what others do, that’s the worst investment strategy of all time.

not smart best not to act smart , u making things worse for yourself .

There is no evidence in the annual report that REIT ETF manager subscribes to excess rights for the benefit of the etf. Subscribing to excess rights is active trading and not a passive strategy. (ETF must stick to the component weights of the index)

I am happy to subscribe for excess rights if the price is right... more importantly I hold the higher quality REITs, so I am happy to buy more to hold for long term.

For low quality REITs, I won't even buy their share, no need to talk about subscribe for rights 😅
 
Last edited:

Autoluna

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2023
Messages
99
Reaction score
16
c598c1fd2754070ac27916772c549e17ef43c58b.png


678f90859b36a0f82805bf9870dc0efa2d015310.png
Now u buy the second table reite
few years down the road, it become your top performance liao
hehehe
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,547
Reaction score
3,235
Now u buy the second table reite
few years down the road, it become your top performance liao
hehehe
I think reits is just like stock will have their ups and downs. What is top now may be bottom in future and vice versa. If this forum is still around in 10 years time we can revisit this thread and check the table again.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155


Our AK Dividend Master said he divest a portion of reits into 3 local banks.

How big his portfolio now to generate 200k dividend pa.? :cool:
*his blog is extremely painful to navigate :(
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Our AK Dividend Master said he divest a portion of reits into 3 local banks.

How big his portfolio now to generate 200k dividend pa.? :cool:
*his blog is extremely painful to navigate :(

6 years ago his dividend income was $168k, :

so if it's now $200k, it means that even though he is not earning income, he is still managing to grow his dividends, despite being heavily vested in SG shares. Thats the power of dividends :LOL:

agree his blog is quite messy. Since he FIRE maybe he should invest in a content creation course. this sort of blog won't be read by the younger generation.

Its important to learn new skills to remain relevant, even during FIRE.
 
Last edited:

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
He lives simply and reinvest excess dividends collected back into the market and thus, growing his portfolio and dividend bigger and bigger :)

He should probably upgrade his lifestyle....200k already jiak bey liao haha (can afford to change car every year sia whahaha)
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
He lives simply and reinvest excess dividends collected back into the market and thus, growing his portfolio and dividend bigger and bigger :)

He should probably upgrade his lifestyle....200k already jiak bey liao haha (can afford to change car every year sia whahaha)

not clear from his blog whether he is living simply. From what I can see from his blog he just seems to be addicted to computer games so maybe he doesn't need to spend much, though he also says he has car and condo.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
not clear from his blog whether he is living simply. From what I can see from his blog he just seems to be addicted to computer games so maybe he doesn't need to spend much, though he also says he has car and condo.
His latest blog saying how 5k salary is enough today.
 

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,454
Reaction score
5,625
agree his blog is quite messy. Since he FIRE maybe he should invest in a content creation course. this sort of blog won't be read by the younger generation.

Its important to learn new skills to remain relevant, even during FIRE.
well he did try those ai generated voice youtube videos..

at first thought its cos he dont want ppl to hear his voice.. but then he already appear on interview and ppl already know his voice.. so perhaps he can just make normal youtube videos with the real voice instead of the ai generated one..
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
Assuming 5% dividend yield, his capital is 4m..
He did not really say how he get that massive capital… I live simply too- no car and stay in HDB..he stays in condo & drive.. but don’t think I can reach his level.. not even close
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Assuming 5% dividend yield, his capital is 4m..
He did not really say how he get that massive capital… I live simply too- no car and stay in HDB..he stays in condo & drive.. but don’t think I can reach his level.. not even close

like others mentioned, his blog is very messy, but there is a post somewhere where he mentioned he was initially in property investment, he sold his investment properties and converted the sale proceeds into dividend stocks.
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
like others mentioned, his blog is very messy, but there is a post somewhere where he mentioned he was initially in property investment, he sold his investment property and converted the sale proceeds into dividend stocks.
Haha… cos he is “talking to himself”, not to us..
Thanks - so he got his capital from property in the old days … not so relevant now
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top