DevilPlate
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Nov 22, 2020
- Messages
- 12,236
- Reaction score
- 5,155
Wah lau ar…. i wait till neck long long for new HDB bond and today issue 5y at 3.1% nia 

Wah lau ar…. i wait till neck long long for new HDB bond and today issue 5y at 3.1% nia![]()
Earlier this yr was 3.9% when 1y sgs 3.4%HDB is quasi sovereign, 5 yr SGS yield is only 2.95%, HDB bond yield will not be significantly higher than that.
Earlier this yr was 3.9% when 1y sgs 3.4%
Also timing....they prolly waited till this week to announce so save 0.5 to 1% hahaha
I recently reminded myself that I had set a rule that any stock that I want to hold long term, I should have enough conviction to accumulate at least $50k of it.
If I cannot press 'buy' on the counter to accumulate $50k, then I should sell it since I don't have the conviction to buy.
So yesterday I bought 7,000 Frasers Logistics Trust @1.05 to bring my holding above 50k. Luckily I did that yesterday. Of course having said that, prices will crash below 1.00 shortly![]()
Ascendaswhat are the S-reits in your portfolio? i need some inspiration what to buy
Dun say out loud. Quietly huat in one corner.has the time come for Sreits to chiong up ?
Came across this in thefinance.sg. I think one has to be careful about thinking in black and white that you are either a REIT investor or a BABA investor, dividend vs growth etc.
To me, there is nothing wrong with holding BOTH REITs and growth stocks (my proxy for growth stock is S&P500 as holding individual US stocks has estate duty implications).
The question is the entry price. When REITs are overvalued compared to say the S&P500, then buy more S&P500. If REITs look undervalued, then its time to add REITs.
Came across this in thefinance.sg. I think one has to be careful about thinking in black and white that you are either a REIT investor or a BABA investor, dividend vs growth etc.
To me, there is nothing wrong with holding BOTH REITs and growth stocks (my proxy for growth stock is S&P500 as holding individual US stocks has estate duty implications).
The question is the entry price. When REITs are overvalued compared to say the S&P500, then buy more S&P500. If REITs look undervalued, then its time to add REITs.
As someone who trades alot, I can easily spot the problem with his logic.Came across this in thefinance.sg. I think one has to be careful about thinking in black and white that you are either a REIT investor or a BABA investor, dividend vs growth etc.
To me, there is nothing wrong with holding BOTH REITs and growth stocks (my proxy for growth stock is S&P500 as holding individual US stocks has estate duty implications).
The question is the entry price. When REITs are overvalued compared to say the S&P500, then buy more S&P500. If REITs look undervalued, then its time to add REITs.
Portfolio rebalancing & asset type allocation loh, which unfortunately many don't seem to get it. Just spent some time just now explaining to a friend who wanted to kill her golden goose (good quality reits paying reasonably good dividends) to go all in into US ETFs coz "her money grows faster in there".Came across this in thefinance.sg. I think one has to be careful about thinking in black and white that you are either a REIT investor or a BABA investor, dividend vs growth etc.
To me, there is nothing wrong with holding BOTH REITs and growth stocks (my proxy for growth stock is S&P500 as holding individual US stocks has estate duty implications).
The question is the entry price. When REITs are overvalued compared to say the S&P500, then buy more S&P500. If REITs look undervalued, then its time to add REITs.
You should tell her the quickest way to grow money faster is play big small in casino tables isn't it? Or place on the total number of the dice thrown for e.g etc etcPortfolio rebalancing & asset type allocation loh, which unfortunately many don't seem to get it. Just spent some time just now explaining to a friend who wanted to kill her golden goose (good quality reits paying reasonably good dividends) to go all in into US ETFs coz "her money grows faster in there".
That's not being a helpful friend leh.You should tell her the quickest way to grow money faster is play big small in casino tables isn't it? Or place on the total number of the dice thrown for e.g etc etc
What talking you? Core CPI don’t exclude energy?Nobody knows lah….next mth oil price went up and then US CPI will bounce up again like roller coaster haha