General S-REITs Discussion Thread

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
MLT is gone case.. dunno why people still hoping. I sold all and buy China related logisitic companies in HKSE like Sinotrans and CTF services .. all big gain with high yield on cost
Yeah. Mostly gone case. I posted days ago saying s reit cmi. Yesterday night I was in US talking to Elon about moving data centres and logistics centres to space with all the free energy, unlimited space and no play rental. Space travel is so powerful until can deliver your Maggie mee and biscuit from Space. Eventually all the logistic reit, data centres reit all die

Next moment my wife woke me up to jiak breakfast. And then told me our order of 4k monitor will be delayed. Pui!
 

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
hey guys, ask you, tiger moo fsm interactive webull, which one has vibrant chat groups? I feel insecure when i am alone, i like to have company that can provide timely info. I don't trust analysts. Their target prices never materialises since time immemorial
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,076
hey guys, ask you, tiger moo fsm interactive webull, which one has vibrant chat groups? I feel insecure when i am alone, i like to have company that can provide timely info. I don't trust analysts. Their target prices never materialises since time immemorial
Why don't you join all of them for a week, and report back? I like to have company in this thread that can provide timely info.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
hey guys, ask you, tiger moo fsm interactive webull, which one has vibrant chat groups? I feel insecure when i am alone, i like to have company that can provide timely info. I don't trust analysts. Their target prices never materialises since time immemorial
Chat group to all die together? If analysts not accurate, then the coffeeshop talkshow guys more dangerous right?
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
MLT is gone case.. dunno why people still hoping. I sold all and buy China related logisitic companies in HKSE like Sinotrans and CTF services .. all big gain with high yield on cost
Wa lan! I just heard ppl talk during lunch. I added some around $1.20. I read so many bad news and I thought the price is below $1. Just saw $1.36. Chey! Still far from low. But I queue 5000 shares just to add to my portfolio
 

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
9,097
Reaction score
770
hey guys, ask you, tiger moo fsm interactive webull, which one has vibrant chat groups? I feel insecure when i am alone, i like to have company that can provide timely info. I don't trust analysts. Their target prices never materialises since time immemorial
That's one of a sure way to lose your money together, why don't u go Wallstreetbet? At least sometime u will hit jackpot like following Roaring Kitty.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,713
Reaction score
5,236
hey guys, ask you, tiger moo fsm interactive webull, which one has vibrant chat groups? I feel insecure when i am alone, i like to have company that can provide timely info. I don't trust analysts. Their target prices never materialises since time immemorial
Why would you trust an anonymous online account—possibly a scammer or someone holding only 1,000 shares—more than professional analysts?
 

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
Why would you trust an anonymous online account—possibly a scammer or someone holding only 1,000 shares—more than professional analysts?
we need to filter and verify the info. All these analysts they are working for brokerages, the have vested interest to make people buy buy buy so that they will earn the commission. How often their target prices hit? Plus their reports are only circulated to their own clients. Even then, not every client gets their reports. Remisier must collect it every morning to disseminate to his clients, and if you have lazy remisier, then he will not do all these.
 

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
Why would you trust an anonymous online account—possibly a scammer or someone holding only 1,000 shares—more than professional analysts?
Someone in this forum posted here about heavy share buy back by Hongkong land. This is counter that does not catch too much attention, Most people are chasing after big banks, blue chips etc. Sometimes these so called anonymous online account can provide info that we otherwise would not know. Another useful one is Iggy in youtube. Some of these info are very useful and insightful.

So called "Professional analysts" are shouting for buy DBS but look at the doublefold valuation, it's dangerous once greater fools disappears or if they cut dividends. It is people like Iggy who will advise caution.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,713
Reaction score
5,236
Someone in this forum posted here about heavy share buy back by Hongkong land. This is counter that does not catch too much attention, Most people are chasing after big banks, blue chips etc. Sometimes these so called anonymous online account can provide info that we otherwise would not know. Another useful one is Iggy in youtube. Some of these info are very useful and insightful.

So called "Professional analysts" are shouting for buy DBS but look at the doublefold valuation, it's dangerous once greater fools disappears or if they cut dividends. It is people like Iggy who will advise caution.

IMG-4791.jpg
 
Last edited:

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
u are right, there are big mouth people around, so I will verify the info before relying on it. There are also some who post genuine things. We must also use our judgement when we read analyst reports. Now they are shouting buy for DBS, but they didn't mention the fact that DBS is now 2X PB.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,713
Reaction score
5,236
u are right, there are big mouth people around, so I will verify the info before relying on it. There are also some who post genuine things. We must also use our judgement when we read analyst reports. Now they are shouting buy for DBS, but they didn't mention the fact that DBS is now 2X PB.

Buying shares is about earnings and the ability to grow those earnings. Using price-to-book (P/B) to value banks is often a lazy shortcut. Those who sold DBS just because it was trading above book value—where are they now?

To value a bank well, you usually combine (1) profitability, (2) balance-sheet strength/risk, and (3) what you’re paying (valuation). P/B is useful, but only when tied to ROE, growth, and risk.
 
Last edited:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,076
Thats why my preference is to talk about what I actually invest in and my actual investing strategy, whether I am holding, selling or buying more. The same way bloggers like DW share their strategy on their blog.

Then its up to each investor to DYODD what to do.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,076
we need to filter and verify the info. All these analysts they are working for brokerages, the have vested interest to make people buy buy buy so that they will earn the commission. How often their target prices hit? Plus their reports are only circulated to their own clients. Even then, not every client gets their reports. Remisier must collect it every morning to disseminate to his clients, and if you have lazy remisier, then he will not do all these.

Not all analysts work for brokerages.

For example ,I occasionally subscribe to Morningstar analyst reports. Maybe once or twice a year, I pay for 1 month of subscription - and I get access to the previous months' reports as well.

Since Morningstar reports are more a value-investing oriented focusing on FA, their conclusions usually don't change every month.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top