Genosis
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Nov 23, 2015
- Messages
- 10,104
- Reaction score
- 6
I saw 2015 fct give alot of dividend, what happen?
Power of Changi City Point and positive rental reversions!


I saw 2015 fct give alot of dividend, what happen?

aht kena shotgun liao.. zzzz
need to take 2 years of panadol liao haha

This type of thing can take a turn for the unexpected......
Take the bidding war for Starwood hotels. Many people thought Anbang will win in the end, but.....![]()

Many tend to ignore the downside when they speculate. This is a classic example of how things can turn out wrong. That's why I prefer to follow the way of the turtle, slow and steady gains versus overnight riches.ya lo guai guai take my 0.1 div a year liao
damn.. tat was fast.. tot will takeover for sure since its like a 4-5corner fight

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/rafflesian-stockmarket-portfolio-trading-journal-investment-masterplan-2016-17-a-5284555.html
Pro kanna burned too
GG
bro... from calculations.. it's not 10c per year dvd leh...ya lo guai guai take my 0.1 div a year liao
damn.. tat was fast.. tot will takeover for sure since its like a 4-5corner fight
On the other hand, if the company feel generous and want to hand me some extra cash every now and then, I am not really against ityeah me too
I tend not to speculate on take over deals or any risk arbitrage, I feel that its too risky and I do not have an edge in this area
prefer to stick to my simple value investing
just buy and hold great companies with solid long term track record of good earnings and dividends

bro... from calculations.. it's not 10c per year dvd leh...
it's around 5+c .... based on last quarter 1.4c.. den full year 5.6c

That looks like a Pikachu bedsheet in the background.....hmmmm![]()

Gd eyes. No torn no throw!That looks like a Pikachu bedsheet in the background.....hmmmm![]()
So young! **envy**My childhood memories
http://investproperlyleh.blogspot.sg/2016/04/the-dangers-of-investing-in-reits-with.html
Recommendations:
By setting up a screen and ranking stocks based on
Debt/asset <38% (I don't want to get dilution, 38% is usually a danger level)
Operating cash flow vs dividends per share (cash in should be more than cash out, to show that mgmt. can afford to pay growing dividends)
Price/Dividends per unit (inverted dividend yield to measure cheapness)
Price/Nav (same valuation method as property stocks)
Positive dividend growth (negative dividend growth comes as a double whammy of both lower prices and yield
Yield: yes I look at it last
Here are my few picks so far
Aims capital reit (buy at 1.3)
Debt/asset = 31%
Operating cash flow vs dividends per share: 7% buffer
Price/Dividends per unit: -1% undervalued vs 5 year historical
Price/Nav: -2% vs historical
Positive dividend growth: yes
Yield: 8.4%
Frasers commercial trust (bought at 1.25)
Debt/asset = 36%
Operating cash flow vs dividends per share: 2% buffer, due to recent placement
Price/Dividends per unit: -16% vs 5 year historical
Price/Nav: 2% overvalued vs historical
Positive dividend growth: flat
Yield: 8%
Starhill global (bought at 0.78)
Debt/asset = 35%
Operating cash flow vs dividends per share: slim -0.83% buffer
Price/Dividends per unit: -10% vs 5 year historical
Price/Nav: 3% overvalued vs historical
Positive dividend growth: flat
Yield: 6.6%