Ya he too engineer by training liao
I think investing is both art and science
Must know the numbers as well as how the business operates
Ya......sometimes I think he over-analyse.....想太多
I prefer to keep my investing simple and boring.....![]()
This has been a perennial question to investors, how much analysis is enough. For me I would use the "T-Analysis".
The horizontal part of the “T” denotes the width of the analysis, and the vertical part stands for the depth of the analysis. Width is the amount of factors that you wish to consider, and depth is the amount of analysis for each factor. The key thing here is to have your “T” looking like a “T”, i.e. equal weightage is given to the number of factors and the depth of each factor’s analysis. A “T” with a long horizontal line but a short vertical line indicates a wide glancing check, while a “T” with a short horizontal line and a long vertical line denotes an overkill of analysis on just a few factors.
My $0.02.



