if not sure what to buy, for starters, can look at REIT ETFs
https://blog.seedly.sg/singapore-reit-etfs-guide/
read this before... I got Reit, ETF liao.. want to be more diversify , so need to explore other industry...
if not sure what to buy, for starters, can look at REIT ETFs
https://blog.seedly.sg/singapore-reit-etfs-guide/
I have always stayed away from hospitality. Too exposed to economic cycles and pandemics. The SARS period scared me off this sector. Thank goodness, bcos when covid 19 struck last year, my portfolio has zero exposure to the hospitality sector.
Suburban malls in Singapore is still alright. But I am the most confident in logistics, data centres and healthcare assets.
I have to say I am surprised that FCT has recovered to above its preferential offering price. I only subscribed to my allocation which was 9000 (rounded up to nearest 1000) and didn't apply for excess cos' I was not that confident..... next time must just follow DW!read this before... I got Reit, ETF liao.. want to be more diversify , so need to explore other industry...
hospitality reits got chance boh![]()
How about Syfe Reits portfolio?
发哨子2020;132985403 said:When the interest rate is potentially up..... you all are kancheong spider and loading up on rate-sensitive reits?
Many reits are easily up >20-40%(my estimate) since April 2020.
example 5% and above dividends / share price and also low volatility...
I'm ok with Hospitality. It really is not as cyclical as airlines.my portfolio's top 20 holdings contain 4 REITs, 2 of them are hospitality.
(1) CDL HT because it was a multibagger from GFC and I never took profit.
(2) Ascott Residence Trust (got merged with Ascendas - which was a great buy because there was an offer that was not accepted by management, but at least it sent a good signal that Ascendas HT properties were actually worth their NAV as someone was willing to buy it, and the price was a lot below NAV)
I also looking. Willing to dump entire savings if can find one.
Closest is CPF SA, try hit FRS with annual top ups.
Interest rate up is only temporary, if now didn't buy Reits on low then when interest rate when down it's too late lol.
Agree with this. It is of course easy on hindsight to slam hospitality reits but it also depends on which reit you hold. E.g. Ascott easily yields 6% normally and even during Covid, it still yields nearly 3%. Now nearly back to pre-Covid levels. That's resilience.
发哨子2020;132986737 said:The 2021-2022 economy should be much better than 2020.
Not surprised to see the interest rate up later.
Usually the market doesn’t react too much if expected.
发哨子2020;132986737 said:The 2021-2022 economy should be much better than 2020.
Not surprised to see the interest rate up later.
Usually the market doesn’t react too much if expected.
发哨子2020;132986009 said:There are other non-local REITs listed here doing quite well but ignored .
Heard of Sasseur , Elite ,United Hampshire or Cromwell ?
Prime US , Manulife REITs are on SGX too.
hospitality reits got chance boh![]()
