General S-REITs Discussion Thread

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
hi all experts, some of my REITs are deeply distressed… the data centre and US ones… how do you alll deal with it? Cut loss or sleep through it?
 

Peanut15

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
798
Reaction score
341
hi all experts, some of my REITs are deeply distressed… the data centre and US ones… how do you alll deal with it? Cut loss or sleep through it?
U shld see it as a change to buy the dip as interest rate is high and firmly believe the price will go back when interest goes down.

Reits are not growth stock
 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
5,563
hi all experts, some of my REITs are deeply distressed… the data centre and US ones… how do you alll deal with it? Cut loss or sleep through it?
List down your REITS. Then those who know more about that particular REIT can give better perspective about the future.

Bagholding is not a good idea. While you are waiting for the price to rise, there are many other stocks that would have risen much faster within that same time.

Every buy transaction should be evaluated independently. Do you want to be like Master Leong & his Alibaba?

By the way, I baghold uranium stocks post-Fukushima for 7 years. So it sucks.
 

light84

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
2,034
Reaction score
549
hi all experts, some of my REITs are deeply distressed… the data centre and US ones… how do you alll deal with it? Cut loss or sleep through it?
My reits with data centers all doing okay. Slightly red only. I guess u have digital core reit

I holding KORE, is down by -30%+. Not losing sleep cos it takes up 5% of my portfolio. Just collect dividends and average down more cos KORE is well run but ala it happen to be in the wrong place and wrong time.
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
My reits with data centers all doing okay. Slightly red only. I guess u have digital core reit

I holding KORE, is down by -30%+. Not losing sleep cos it takes up 5% of my portfolio. Just collect dividends and average down more cos KORE is well run but ala it happen to be in the wrong place and wrong time.
Yes, I have both.
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
List down your REITS. Then those who know more about that particular REIT can give better perspective about the future.

Bagholding is not a good idea. While you are waiting for the price to rise, there are many other stocks that would have risen much faster within that same time.

Every buy transaction should be evaluated independently. Do you want to be like Master Leong & his Alibaba?

By the way, I baghold uranium stocks post-Fukushima for 7 years. So it sucks.
Thanks
Keppel Oak
Digital core
Ireit global
Keppel DC
Prime US
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,559
Reaction score
3,241
As much as I used to say REIT is buy and leave it auto mode and just collect dividends, it is not 100% correct. Some REIT can perform very badly along the way such that it no longer dispense dividends or worst delisted below ipo price hence realized loss. Experience I learnt since I start to buy REIT when they start to popup in SGX back in 2000 onwards. You only hope those that grow outweigh the losses from those non-performing.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,167
Reaction score
5,105
hi all experts, some of my REITs are deeply distressed… the data centre and US ones… how do you alll deal with it? Cut loss or sleep through it?
The time to cut loss was 6 months ago.. Right now, if it is less than 5% of your portfolio, might as well sit on it. My lesson is that don't invest US reit listed in SGX , they are as toxic as China S-chip.. If they are of any good , they would have listed in their home market.
 

beta93

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2017
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
1,161
Thanks
Keppel Oak
Digital core
Ireit global
Keppel DC
Prime US
I hold ireit and keppel oak , I bought them at their current prices though, thought they are good value plays, personally I used a formula and calculate intrinsic value, keppel oak is higher than 0.36 for sure, I think it should be worth 0.5? Can't remember what price I calculated

Edit: 0.5126 usd yea
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
Thanks
Keppel Oak
Digital core
Ireit global
Keppel DC
Prime US

My suggestion is to look at the blue chips reits (if you are into reits). Some names may look good at the time of purchase or on paper but doesn't stand the test of time and market turmoil.

Reits are more for long term investing and so choosing good reits with proven record is important. Although history doesnt guarantee the future but at least there is a benchmark to base on.
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
My suggestion is to look at the blue chips reits (if you are into reits). Some names may look good at the time of purchase or on paper but doesn't stand the test of time and market turmoil.

Reits are more for long term investing and so choosing good reits with proven record is important. Although history doesnt guarantee the future but at least there is a benchmark to base on.
I have blue chip ones.. these are the loss making
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,559
Reaction score
3,241
I have blue chip ones.. these are the loss making
Blue chip usually pay dividends. Did you factor all of them in where deriving you make a loss? If yes then can I know you buy this blue chip for how long liao? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? etc etc
 

Nofear40

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,851
Reaction score
142
Blue chip usually pay dividends. Did you factor all of them in where deriving you make a loss? If yes then can I know you buy this blue chip for how long liao? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? etc etcMy portfolio
The blue chip ones are ok. it is those that I listed above.
 

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
3,017
Blue chip usually pay dividends. Did you factor all of them in where deriving you make a loss? If yes then can I know you buy this blue chip for how long liao? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? etc etc
Errr also need to put the disclaimer that blue chip can become potato chip and crumble. Then your face will really turn blue siah. Noble is best eg.
 

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
5,563
Interesting point:
Capitaland Ascendas REIT buys Seagate Shugart at 5.1% discount to independent market valuation.
Valuation: 230m. Purchase price: 218.24m
Valuation should already reflect the 20 years land tenure (leasehold property).

Does that mean the 5.1% discount to NAV should be the minimum discount applied to NAV for REITS to get a fair value? I think so.

Interesting point of inquiry: how was that discount figure determined?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top