Genting FAQ - Part 3

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thoughts here, bro..😁...absolutely great plan. Myself - long term plan is to hv a residence in a more cooling place like Genting or Cameron Highlands but Genting wud be a more attractive proposition - in terms of proximity to city life spots as well as potential for rent-out in case of change in future plans.

Btw.. there's a newly completed project affiliated to Swiss Garden International @ Goh Tong Jaya - r u aware of it? I can share with u via pm if u r interested.

for me idea is land of smile~~~~~~~~~
open a b&b and diving school at a resort and enjot my silver years
but that will need another 10 years of my kiddo studies
huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Smarty2

Reaction score
for me idea is land of smile~~~~~~~~~
open a b&b and diving school at a resort and enjot my silver years
but that will need another 10 years of my kiddo studies
huat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think for myself key is the weather...i cannot tahan too hot a weather...

Smarty2

Reaction score
Me too. And it will only get hotter in future due to climate change.

Exactly, bro...the cooler weather is a main consideration now - even europe region is getting hotter.

If u r interested to know about some newly completed developments nearby GH do let me know as i hv some marketing/ promo pdf's from a friend in KL who's in property sector.

beast78

Master Member
Reaction score
Having a property at Genting sounds good... but still have concerns over safety and crime rate... Also, will flash floods be something to think about too? :eek:

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same thoughts here, bro..😁...absolutely great plan. Myself - long term plan is to hv a residence in a more cooling place like Genting or Cameron Highlands but Genting wud be a more attractive proposition - in terms of proximity to city life spots as well as potential for rent-out in case of change in future plans.

Btw.. there's a newly completed project affiliated to Swiss Garden International @ Goh Tong Jaya - r u aware of it? I can share with u via pm if u r interested.

thks bro
but its just a thought.
surely not immediate or near term.
in fact what i didnt say earlier in the conversation with wifey also included what we can do there and also asking ourselves why we wld want a condo if we are always given crockford rooms even to stay uphill. thanks for willingness to share anyway.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly, bro...the cooler weather is a main consideration now - even europe region is getting hotter.

If u r interested to know about some newly completed developments nearby GH do let me know as i hv some marketing/ promo pdf's from a friend in KL who's in property sector.

Thanks. But can't afford.

Smarty2

Reaction score
Wish I could go genting, this month everywhere also burning things then the weather also soooo hot and humid

Even when I walk past the kallang river near schneider electric building where it's usually VERY windy, today no wind at all :s22:

This Aug month shud be plenty of rooms available bah - as it's the 7th Lunar/Hungry-Ghosts mth...some ppl pantang...but myself not so superstitious type. U shud be able to secure a complimentary room for Aug...try call up, more flexibility to get better hotels apart from FWH.

mobile2009

Reaction score
Not true for this year. This mth genting is full of "gambling ghost" from my and sg.

Why? because genting is giving away a car every wednesday lucky draw.

givansingapore

Reaction score
This Aug month shud be plenty of rooms available bah - as it's the 7th Lunar/Hungry-Ghosts mth...some ppl pantang...but myself not so superstitious type. U shud be able to secure a complimentary room for Aug...try call up, more flexibility to get better hotels apart from FWH.

They gave me another 2 comp nights for this month after I return from my trip last week.

Smarty2

Reaction score
They gave me another 2 comp nights for this month after I return from my trip last week.

Lol...😁..tats why i normally book back to back of mth whenever my time schedule permits.
They like to release 2 nights comp every 1-2 weeks..staggered..

kia0042

Reaction score
Booked my hotel stays from 31 Aug - 3 Sept.
Leave SG at 6AM and estimate to reach KL about 9AM, any experience self drivers know if the traffic will be congested on NSH especially KL area on 31 Aug (Malaysia National Day) ?

iphone88

Reaction score
Booked my hotel stays from 31 Aug - 3 Sept.
Leave SG at 6AM and estimate to reach KL about 9AM, any experience self drivers know if the traffic will be congested on NSH especially KL area on 31 Aug (Malaysia National Day) ?

Unless you speed 180km/h. Impossible to reach within 3 hours.
Google map travel time is 5 hours.
It will be congested in NSH during holiday.

kia0042

Reaction score
Unless you speed 180km/h. Impossible to reach within 3 hours.
Google map travel time is 5 hours.
It will be congested in NSH during holiday.

Sounds no good. I have chosen the wrong date. I forgot 31 Aug is Malaysia National when I made the booking. No choice but to prepare for the jam. Have to think of some funny topics to entertain my kakis during the journey up hill.

I have heard some traveled by coach metioned that the coach left SG at 11PM and 4AM they were already at FWH.
My own past few years experience taking hired vehicle to Genting. I always leave SG at 6AM, avoid jam at custom and reach Genting Hotel at 11AM, during the journey only made 2 stops at the petrol station to relief. The vehicle top speed 140km/hr as per my request, I never allow the driver to speed.
SG to KL is about 380km away, if include jam at custom it needs 5hours but from my experience, in 3 -3.5hrs I can see Twin tower already. ;)

Smarty2

Reaction score
Sounds no good. I have chosen the wrong date. I forgot 31 Aug is Malaysia National when I made the booking. No choice but to prepare for the jam. Have to think of some funny topics to entertain my kakis during the journey up hill.

I have heard some traveled by coach metioned that the coach left SG at 11PM and 4AM they were already at FWH.
My own past few years experience taking hired vehicle to Genting. I always leave SG at 6AM, avoid jam at custom and reach Genting Hotel at 11AM, during the journey only made 2 stops at the petrol station to relief. The vehicle top speed 140km/hr as per my request, I never allow the driver to speed.
SG to KL is about 380km away, if include jam at custom it needs 5hours but from my experience, in 3 -3.5hrs I can see Twin tower already. ;)

Still possible to chg dates, bro..just call up their reservations # +65-68239888

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.