Going Japan this Oct-Dec?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
5,969
Reaction score
171
At the rate this is going, looks like there's a 75% chance I won't go JP this year.
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,956
Reaction score
4,154
Hope that the situation gets better. Planning to travel there during that period too.
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
Hotel can just book those refundable, buy partial refundable pass

Sent from Rem Best Grill using GAGT
 

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
14,226
Reaction score
287
Got refund for March air tickets
The most I get burn for my JR pass($300+) booking if situation don't improve
 

KyushuWoozy

Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
273
Reaction score
103
The most I get burn for my JR pass($300+) booking if situation don't improve

Dunno about other parts of Japan but here in Kyushu can buy JR Kyushu pass on arrival in Japan so need risking money with advance purchase.
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,548
Reaction score
152
Got refund for March air tickets
The most I get burn for my JR pass($300+) booking if situation don't improve

I thought JR Pass can cancel and refund? If you still have the exchange order, contact the company that you got it from.
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,548
Reaction score
152
If situation does not improve by May. Then might postpone my trip to late Oct or Early Nov.
 

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,951
Reaction score
1,329
How many of you are confident enough to travel for this koyo and winter season? Starting to book refundable hotels but haven't purchased any airtix yet. Prices are still quite high.
Now that my Sakura trip cancelled, I’m considering to do later in the year.

My main constraint is that I got project go live on nov 22-27 around there so can only travel either in September (seems a bit early for koyo) or December (school holiday season = expensive).
 

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
5,969
Reaction score
171
If situation does not improve by May. Then might postpone my trip to late Oct or Early Nov.

Anything can happen in May. Hope the virus dont hibernate during the summer months and come back again with a vengeance when the weather gets colder.

Now that my Sakura trip cancelled, I’m considering to do later in the year.

My main constraint is that I got project go live on nov 22-27 around there so can only travel either in September (seems a bit early for koyo) or December (school holiday season = expensive).

Mid to end Sept can try Hokkaido for koyo? Should be low season there so almost everything is relatively cheaper.
 

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
43,435
Reaction score
3,120
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...likely-to-last-till-end-2020-at-least-experts

Year end may not be safe to go yet. I am thinking of postponing my trip to next year spring if SQ allow me to change


I have plans for Dec Hokkaido and Tokyo.
Now really monitoring the situation.
My tickets are all redeemed with miles on SQ, and if i cancel now, i lose about $400 for 2 adults and 1 child
If i cancel closer to the date ,the refund amount should be the same i hope.
 

Hamwichh

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
0

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
11,951
Reaction score
1,329
Mid to end Sept can try Hokkaido for koyo? Should be low season there so almost everything is relatively cheaper.
Hokkaido Koyo should be around early October (I went there a few years ago at that time), which is a bit too late for me cos I can't travel the entire month of November :s13:

Maybe just abandon plan, rest the whole year, and only go in Feb 2021 for ski / snow :s13:
 

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
5,969
Reaction score
171
Hokkaido Koyo should be around early October (I went there a few years ago at that time), which is a bit too late for me cos I can't travel the entire month of November :s13:

Maybe just abandon plan, rest the whole year, and only go in Feb 2021 for ski / snow :s13:

Yea, 2021 looks safer hopefully. I am still 25% going this year for koyo/winter unless covid-19 becomes javid-20.
 

concreteman

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
259
oct seems to be optimistic ...

maybe the situation will improve by end of the year...
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,956
Reaction score
4,154
Dec travel plans can still hold it out. Maybe the situation would get better by then.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top