Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

suyuan85

Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
418
Reaction score
4
A question for those who had their Nexus shipped via iParcel. My tracking status is currently at "Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination". Do you know how long it takes from that point until delivery?

:Later,

mine is about 5 days. About 3 days to reach our customs, 1 day to go Speedpost, next day deliver. Need to keep checking speedpost tracking though. Once they update to "with delivery courier", it is probably that very day delivery.
 

nuky8181

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1
Hi,

I order my Nexus 5 and is considering Nexus 7. For Nexus 7, there is no issue with using the LTE version from US in SG rite?

If thats the case, then how about LTE version of other US table?
 

pierretan

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
259
Reaction score
2
Mine got stuck for a week in this state. Until I go KPKB to Amazon then status get updated to be exported.

Oh man, anyway I'm going overseas from tonight for 5 days, I think I better message amazon tonight, otherwise status will be the same after I'm back.
 

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2001
Messages
10,029
Reaction score
74
I order my Nexus 5 and is considering Nexus 7. For Nexus 7, there is no issue with using the LTE version from US in SG rite?

If thats the case, then how about LTE version of other US table?

LTE in Singapore uses bands 3 and 7.

The US Nexus 7 LTE sets support band 3, but not 7. It will work fine, but you'll generally have poorer LTE coverage here. In areas with only Band 7 coverage, your tablet will fall back to 3G instead.

The US Nexus 5 does not support band 3 or 7. It won't have any LTE coverage here, but will work with 3G only.

The non-US Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 support both Band 3 and 7, and LTE will work fine with them.
 
Last edited:

nuky8181

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
1
LTE in Singapore uses bands 3 and 7.

The US Nexus 7 LTE sets support band 3, but not 7. It will work fine, but you'll generally have poorer LTE coverage here. In areas with only Band 7 coverage, your tablet will fall back to 3G instead.

The US Nexus 5 does not support band 3 or 7. It won't have any LTE coverage here, but will work with 3G only.

The non-US Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 support both Band 3 and 7, and LTE will work fine with them.

Thanks for the detail information.:D
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
Mine about 4 hours plus from 10% to full charge. Using the n7 default charger. But my set still haven't upgraded to kit kat.

that is a lot faster compared to mine......

wondering if i should bring it to ASUS to check......
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
that is a lot faster compared to mine......

wondering if i should bring it to ASUS to check......

i m having the same slow charging issue on my 1st gen n7...what i did is to off my n7 and charge...
 

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
10,923
Reaction score
0
My iParcel just got an update today:

11230818673_3c77565d18_z.jpg


Looks like I'll get it before 13th Dec then. Unfortunately my other parcels (1 was bec amazon split the order into multiple shipments, while the other - microsd cards -- was ordered a day before) are still stuck in iParcel (1 since 26-Nov & the other since 29-Nov).

I've emailed iParcel and they can only say "We apologize for the delay with your shipment.". :mad::mad:
 

bryan76

Senior Member
Joined
May 29, 2000
Messages
608
Reaction score
2
My iParcel just got an update today:

11230818673_3c77565d18_z.jpg


Looks like I'll get it before 13th Dec then. Unfortunately my other parcels (1 was bec amazon split the order into multiple shipments, while the other - microsd cards -- was ordered a day before) are still stuck in iParcel (1 since 26-Nov & the other since 29-Nov).

I've emailed iParcel and they can only say "We apologize for the delay with your shipment.". :mad::mad:

what email did u sent to and how long did they take to reply? i emailed iparcel but no replies... :s11:
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
Surprisingly, my set is covered under international warranty! I chatted with ASUS US CSO about my issue, then asked him about my set's warranty, he confirmed that there is international warranty! I have just registered my set with ASUS SG, gonna bring it to their service centre soon!
 

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
10,923
Reaction score
0
what email did u sent to and how long did they take to reply? i emailed iparcel but no replies... :s11:
casenotifications@i-parcel.com.

The irony in my case is that I actually paid US$5.35 for AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping for 1 of the parcels. And yet the parcel's still stuck with iParcel since 29-Nov. In short, I'll end up receiving the free to ship parcel (the nexus) before the one I paid a shipping fee for. :crazy::crazy:

:Later,
 

ric_koes

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi, I just bought LTE version from SITEX last week at $499. Box printed date 11/2013. I guess it is latest set. So far no problem. Once turn on it was prompted to upgrade to VER 4.4.
 

chansl89

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
731
Reaction score
1
December 5, 2013, 1:25 pm, Carlstadt NJ US Package has left the carrier facility
December 3, 2013, 6:41 am, Carlstadt NJ US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 1, 2013, 7:13 am, --- Package arrived at a carrier facility
November 29, 2013, 11:21 pm, Carlstadt NJ US Customs Clearance delay
November 29, 2013, 8:13 pm, Breinigsville PA US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
 

chansl89

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
731
Reaction score
1
Surprisingly, my set is covered under international warranty! I chatted with ASUS US CSO about my issue, then asked him about my set's warranty, he confirmed that there is international warranty! I have just registered my set with ASUS SG, gonna bring it to their service centre soon!

So must we check or we just heck care and register the device from SG ASUS website?
 

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
38,501
Reaction score
12
So must we check or we just heck care and register the device from SG ASUS website?

seriously I don't know. I called ASUS SG hotline before and gave my SN but was told I did not register so she could not see the status. So bohbian I chatted with ASUS US (thanks to opensurface for the usrl), then was told that myset got international warranty. You can say that, I ish out of bohpian.
 

njunde

Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
I think if you buy from amazon, they already assured that the items you bought will be covered by warrenty (correct me if i am wrong). My friend went to look at a panasonic camera, amazon dont ship that to singapore. The reason was either the manufacturer dont allow or the warrenty issue.

Anyway, mine is on the way to sg! yay
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top