Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,141
Reaction score
469
if u r using nexus, u should unlock bootloader.....and if u got unlocked bootloader, u should know how to upgrade via fastboot from the factory images...not need to wait at all...

i'm going be busy tonight to upgrade all my nexuses...(from 7 2012, 4, 10, 7 2013, 5)...
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,141
Reaction score
469
for some reason, all factory images are out except Nexus 7 2013 LTE (deb)
 

jt2901

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
34
Anyone knows of anywhere else other than Asus that can do repairs?

Asus quoted me $350 to repair the charging board.

I saw the charging pin like break, then sent it in after my pc keeps prompting that power surge when it is plugged in.
 

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,711
Reaction score
4
Finally got the OTA. Quite a bit slower than what I'm used to. But I suppose it's still faster than other 3rd party Android implementations.

/Dan
 

fuzleh

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Do you guys think the next generation of nexus 7 will be announced at the end of this month`s google IO?:D
 

curo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,050
Reaction score
126
Anyone got any apps to recommend for me to put reboot function onto the power off button? Everytime I want to restart my tablet I need to off and on it again.. Super troublesome..
 

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
3,438
Reaction score
23
Anyone got any apps to recommend for me to put reboot function onto the power off button? Everytime I want to restart my tablet I need to off and on it again.. Super troublesome..

ya man! such a basic function really don't understand why they dun wanna implement!
 

Rickosw

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,358
Reaction score
79
Nexus Update should hit your sets from today

Hi,

I have a O/S update alert earlier this morning ... some of you guys should get the OTA update soon as well ... will post later tonite ...
 

Mike_Lim

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
0
Anyone got any apps to recommend for me to put reboot function onto the power off button? Everytime I want to restart my tablet I need to off and on it again.. Super troublesome..
You need to root your nexus. Then install any restart app from play store
 

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2001
Messages
10,028
Reaction score
74
Anyone knows of anywhere else other than Asus that can do repairs?

Asus quoted me $350 to repair the charging board.

I saw the charging pin like break, then sent it in after my pc keeps prompting that power surge when it is plugged in.

For SGD350, you might as well buy a new N7. An alternative would be to get a Qi wireless charger instead... They don't cost too much, and would allow you to charge and continue to use your current tablet.
 

curo

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,050
Reaction score
126
Anyone knows of anywhere else other than Asus that can do repairs?

Asus quoted me $350 to repair the charging board.

I saw the charging pin like break, then sent it in after my pc keeps prompting that power surge when it is plugged in.

What!!! the pin only and they going to charge you the price of a new tablet??
You nvr tell them like tat they can keep the set and you will use the $350 to get a new 1 at a cheaper price.

Dumb to the max..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top