Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to check google play services version on miui?

edit: need to select show all apps from the dropdown menu on the top right

AnDr3w82

Reaction score
Hey can u share which version of the 21.18.14 ?? There's so many version with diff dates and different dpi 480 320 etc
I downloaded the nodpi one. Coz that's for most phones (just need to see android 10 or 11)

stressmage

Master Member
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS! The issue is FIXED with the latest beta version of Google Play Services. It's currently beta (version 21.18.14). If you would like to try, go to apkmirror and get it, otherwise, it should reach everyone in the next couple weeks.

I updated the app from 21.15.15 without erasing data or doing anything else, and it started working with MRT and buses again.
Thanks bro! This works just download the nodpi version.

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the nodpi one. Coz that's for most phones (just need to see android 10 or 11)

edited. apparently i mistook google play STORE and google play SERVICE.

Last edited:

carboy00

Reaction score
hmm what phone are you using? i enrolled through the web page but can't seem to update.
Hi, I am using Poco F2 Pro. Try going to My apps & games -> Beta, you should see Google Play Services listed as one of your beta apps, click on it, if there's an update, there should be an Update button on the right.

Rocks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I feedback to XiaoMi on the abovementioned issues around 1 mth ago, there was a new firmware update available on this Tue, i did my update yesterday. And it worked perfectly today when i took MRT in the morning.

in short, it was the last update that screwed up the transtlink reading function. Somehow was disabled by it. Now they have rectified it.

Hope everyone resolves the problem and enjoy your journey.

Cheers.

Toader

Reaction score
Yes just now rectified on bus too. I'm using xperia.

Last edited:

Rocks

Reaction score
I guess the firmware just fixed the bug on this issue. Hope everyone is able to tap and go now. Cheers.

carboy00

Reaction score
Hi all,
I feedback to XiaoMi on the abovementioned issues around 1 mth ago, there was a new firmware update available on this Tue, i did my update yesterday. And it worked perfectly today when i took MRT in the morning.
in short, it was the last update that screwed up the transtlink reading function. Somehow was disabled by it. Now they have rectified it.
Cheers.

by firmware update do you mean phone firmware? It is actually an update to Google Play Services that fixed the issue.

Sent from EDMWER app on Poco F2 Pro

stillgottheblues

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Cheers.
From my understanding the issue was with Google play services. It got updated recently but I didn't want to use it and acted like a fool in front of payment systems.

Google spent so much on getting people on GPay but a bug like this is going to make people roll back to scanning cards, it makes no diff to consumers.

[Mubiq]

Reaction score
From my understanding the issue was with Google play services. It got updated recently but I didn't want to use it and acted like a fool in front of payment systems.

Google spent so much on getting people on GPay but a bug like this is going to make people roll back to scanning cards, it makes no diff to consumers.
What is the latest Google play that solve the problem? 11 may updates or the beta?

carboy00

Reaction score

Issue only affected public transport at that point, GPay at stores were still working fine.

Sent from EDMWER app!

JuXn5566

Reaction score
What is the latest Google play that solve the problem? 11 may updates or the beta?
Google Play Services 21.18.16 solved the problem. It was pushed out to all Google services devices, no need update Android OS or Google Play system update.

[Mubiq]

Reaction score
Google Play Services 21.18.16 solved the problem. It was pushed out to all Google services devices, no need update Android OS or Google Play system update.

Yup indeed now all my rides works now.
I am using 21.18.16 for Google play services, miui 12.0.6.

I also updated Google play system update which is dated to 1 may 2021

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.