Google Pixel 6a

Which would you rather keep: the camera or the chip?

• 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tensor GS101 SoC

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/google-pixel-6a-renders-exclusive/
GOOGLE-PIXEL6A-5K1.jpg

simply.90

Reaction score
If they're dropping the jack then I see no point in not going with other manufacturers with higher levels of local support liao.

simply.90

Reaction score
Samsung also dropping the jack for a33 onwards
Well what I meant is that I will just accept a headphone jack-less future and go back to iPhones when the time comes. Too many things to consider when it comes to using non-mainstream Android phones – "will there be VoLTE? What about 5G support? How come the safe entry scanner cannot detect my phone? How come Netflix cannot stream in HD?" – and it gets old very quickly. I'm kind of glad Samsung is toying with dropping the jack too, at least it makes the decision even easier (no need to tolerate the barrage of extra apps for the headphone jack).

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was hoping for Tensor to be in the 6a. (continue dreaming)
I was already expecting either camera or tensor chip to be sacrificed to meet the A series price point. But 778 is still very strong, cpu performance close to 855. Of the 2, the camera sensor upgrade seems more essential to me given Google have not updated it since pixel 3.

contacted

Reaction score
I was already expecting either camera or tensor chip to be sacrificed to meet the A series price point. But 778 is still very strong, cpu performance close to 855. Of the 2, the camera sensor upgrade seems more essential to me given Google have not updated it since pixel 3.
Yea that is a very good look at it. I'm always abit skeptical of 1st gen products like Tensor. Hope to see more rumors before the launch of the Pixel 6 here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.