(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,357
Reaction score
15,806
As long you are happy then go ahead.
I won't risk that.

E61 with PID, maybe there are cheaper alternatives around
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Where to get the slayer btw
Which is a popular site to get machines online
I may get the Magica

You can buy directly from the manufacturer in Seattle for usd$8k, I only come across 1 person who got a slayer here for home use.
Hey one don't need a poshche to get around but ppl here still buy.
Maybe closer to avg ppl is 50" tv vs 70" tv just out on CES

Iirc one guy here got a machine online... warranty is an issue but servicing so long you paying for it no issue if there is service center here. Else getting parts may cost you a little
 
Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
You can buy directly from the manufacturer in Seattle for usd$8k, I only come across 1 person who got a slayer here for home use.
Hey one don't need a poshche to get around but ppl here still buy.
Maybe closer to avg ppl is 50" tv vs 70" tv just out on CES

Iirc one guy here got a machine online... warranty is an issue but servicing so long you paying for it no issue if there is service center here. Else getting parts may cost you a little


Not too worried as Long as can service the machine
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Waaa....i fainted

No budget what. Hunt around for a used one. No electrical parts no need to worry breakdown.

Then again a few ppl here got Grinder online, motor and all hard to breakdown really

I got my grinder here. No problem.
My friend who recommended me also got from here.
I even called up the italian :)

derazor bought his macap m4 from espressocoffeeshop. you can ask him about it.
 
Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
What's your budget on a grinder?

Review here
http://www.home-barista.com/reviews/baratza-sette-270-review-t41369.html

Below 1k....for an electronic grinder
Can anyone Sic reputable online merchants ?
 
Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Below 1k....for an electronic grinder
Can anyone Sic reputable online merchants ?

Already did https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com
You missed the post?

U should read this with your budget
http://www.home-barista.com/advice/which-new-grinder-for-500-budget-t32779.html
http://www.home-barista.com/advice/best-in-cup-espresso-grinder-budget-500-t43614.html

Get a used SJ read this http://www.home-barista.com/advice/why-used-super-jolly-grinder-should-be-on-your-wish-list-t12282.html

Some used in the market
https://sg.carousell.com/p/mazzer-super-jolly-83551092/?ref=search&ref_query=Super%20jolly&ref_rank=0&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%3Fquery%3DSuper%2520jolly
https://www.gumtree.sg/a-coffee-makers/farrer-park-serangoon-rd/for-sale-mazzer-super-jolly-electronic-grinder/1001846955230910755068509

I got my grinder here. No problem.
My friend who recommended me also got from here.
I even called up the italian :)

derazor bought his macap m4 from espressocoffeeshop. you can ask him about it.
 
Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
Already did https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com
You missed the post?

U should read this with your budget
http://www.home-barista.com/advice/which-new-grinder-for-500-budget-t32779.html
http://www.home-barista.com/advice/best-in-cup-espresso-grinder-budget-500-t43614.html

Get a used SJ read this http://www.home-barista.com/advice/why-used-super-jolly-grinder-should-be-on-your-wish-list-t12282.html

Some used in the market
https://sg.carousell.com/p/mazzer-super-jolly-83551092/?ref=search&ref_query=Super%20jolly&ref_rank=0&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%3Fquery%3DSuper%2520jolly
https://www.gumtree.sg/a-coffee-makers/farrer-park-serangoon-rd/for-sale-mazzer-super-jolly-electronic-grinder/1001846955230910755068509

Thanks pat
Yes I heard of espresso Coffeeshop
In fact they gave me further discount for the Giotto PID V3 which I couldn't refuse
Anyway I prefer straight sides like the Cellini
Still debating wat to get
 

rodrigues23255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I bought from overseas.

The machine looks opened before and there were coffee marks at the drip tray, not sure if it's a returned set. It came with the bottom frame dented and legs not aligned.

Cost me $900+ to sort it out.
Sold it in Carousel in the end.

Good luck.
 

Spintronics

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
1,245
Reaction score
0
Office Bezzera BZ13 , bought under PIC claim for my company few years back.
Home Bezzera Strega, bought a year later.
Was considering between the Bezzera BZ13 and Mitica with Rotary pump back then. Mitica is an E61 similar to the Bezzera Magica you said you were interested. I do like the Mitica because of the look. :love:

I chose BZ13 for my office in the end cause I was not sure if I could taste the difference between the two but the faster start up time does matter everyday. And the "automation" with the buttons might make it easier for me to pass the PIC and my retarded staffs from going wrong.

I think BZ10 is enough for you la and it's cheaper at $1599. Use the saving to buy beans and milk. Practice and you can show off your skills during CNY.

Any difference in texture/taste between BZ13 and Strega? Technically, the lever should produce better extraction and more consistent shots. I am still considering BZ13 or perhaps go for E61 types like Magica. Does E61 produces better shots?
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,357
Reaction score
15,806
I can only remember that I couldn't distinguish much diff between the BZ13 and the E61 tested. The BZ13 had slightly more depth and taste a little better as in less bitter and notes clearer.

Strega taste very different and was really obviously much better, even my non-coffee drinkin friends could tell the diff, that's why I bought it later. You can actually play with the coffee by releasing the spring earlier and that changes the taste quite a bit. I find that releasing later is good for light roast and releasing earlier good for dark roast. There's a lot more things to play and it taste consistently good as long as you time when to release properly.

I actually emailed Bezzera and the deal was sealed when they told me that I may not need much maintenance for the Strega in the next 5 years, should last much longer than the E61/BZ.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Thanks pat
Yes I heard of espresso Coffeeshop
In fact they gave me further discount for the Giotto PID V3 which I couldn't refuse
Anyway I prefer straight sides like the Cellini
Still debating wat to get

Hey if so get it at your budget still want good design?

Want a customized design machine order from Salvatore espresso, iirc they come with 6 yrs warranty
 
Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
Hey if so get it at your budget still want good design?

Want a customized design machine order from Salvatore espresso, iirc they come with 6 yrs warranty

The Salvatore club looks cool
My kitchen top space is limited so have to look for a machine less than 300mm width. Have to cater space for a grinder. The Fausto looks interesting
I may get the Giotto from stellar M
Have made appt with them next week
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top