(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Boncafe beans is not too bad once you open it but after a few days, it'll taste very different. Other beans are fine, but this one seems to go down after a short period of time.

what do you mean by this?

I purposely selected something with lighter roast because I think these cheapo nana beans should be pretty oily.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,391
Reaction score
15,832
I find ligher roast beans are harder to keep, they seem to deterioate much faster with lesser body.

But it's only visually, my tongue still find them okay.
:o
 

sseah12

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
10
Hi all, would like to seek advice. After much trying and googling about dialing in the grinder, I had tried grinding very finely for eureka atom. But bz10 pump is only able to brew till 3 bar. I know is not pump failure as backflush is still 9 bar. Previously when someone pregrinded the same type of beans, i was able to brew at 9 bar but I did not weigh the dosage, just eyeballs the amount. is it necessary for me to weigh 14g of grounded beans for double shot before tamping? Thanks!
 

wook2000

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2000
Messages
639
Reaction score
7
Hi all, would like to seek advice. After much trying and googling about dialing in the grinder, I had tried grinding very finely for eureka atom. But bz10 pump is only able to brew till 3 bar. I know is not pump failure as backflush is still 9 bar. Previously when someone pregrinded the same type of beans, i was able to brew at 9 bar but I did not weigh the dosage, just eyeballs the amount. is it necessary for me to weigh 14g of grounded beans for double shot before tamping? Thanks!

Yes. Weight out the grinds and keep it constant. The amount of grinds is directly correlated to the pressure readings.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,391
Reaction score
15,832
Hi all, would like to seek advice. After much trying and googling about dialing in the grinder, I had tried grinding very finely for eureka atom. But bz10 pump is only able to brew till 3 bar. I know is not pump failure as backflush is still 9 bar. Previously when someone pregrinded the same type of beans, i was able to brew at 9 bar but I did not weigh the dosage, just eyeballs the amount. is it necessary for me to weigh 14g of grounded beans for double shot before tamping? Thanks!
Your coffee maybe not oily or fresh enough leh? :o
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
They are okay, I buy them as standby but I already changed to other brands of almost the same price or cheaper. :o

can sic the brand? Are these supermarket based? Are the beans oily?

sometimes good to have backup because going to the roastery to purchase may not be convenient.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,391
Reaction score
15,832
can sic the brand? Are these supermarket based? Are the beans oily?

sometimes good to have backup because going to the roastery to purchase may not be convenient.
I buy them online. I find my coffee okay quite good leh.
I buy quite a lot at one time since they seem to retain quite well.

Lazy to visit roasters every week, sometimes too fresh also cannot use, sometimes taste very different. :o
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
I buy them online. I find my coffee okay quite good leh.
I buy quite a lot at one time since they seem to retain quite well.

Lazy to visit roasters every week, sometimes too fresh also cannot use, sometimes taste very different. :o

where where ? Local?
 

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
Hey guys, if you guys want some specialty quality beans for a good price, feel free to contact me.

I run a coffee biz and we only tend to use 1 origin at a time, currently using Ethiopian Gujis. I can do delivery if you live around central-north area (Serangoon, toa payoh, bishan, hougang etc)

250g for $15

nine zero six 11112

can check out my website too www.nineteen95.sg

What machines will you be bringing in? Single origin tend to be a bit "raw". Good blends or so called special blend tend to complement the taste better.
 

sseah12

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
10
btw, anyone tried redmart house brand coffee beans from australia? $17 / kg.. but how near is it to roast date ? anyone had experience and care to share? thanks!
 

d4rkiez

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have any experience importing an espresso machine? I'm looking at the profitec pro 500 pid. The price difference is in the region of $600 after conversion, before gst and shipping charges
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top