Graduate Certificate for Computing Foundation (NUS)

adelee

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi there, I'm interested in applying for the 2023 August intake, and was wondering how competitive the application is?

I'm concern as my undergraduate degree was in Quantitative Economics, with a minor in IT, and I only have 1 year+ experience of working in IT by the time I apply.

Appreciate anyone's help/opinion, thank you! :)
 

clement7903

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
No harm applying to try! I believe they look out more for interest rather than technical skills to excel (after all the certification is for those from non computing backgrounds to break into computing field)

There's a letter of purpose which you can signal your interest in computing during application submission. Do make use of that!
 

miniso-screwdriver

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
@adelee Do apply! You sound like you've got quite a lot of relevant experience. I was admitted although I had a non-STEM degree (mostly self-taught w/ hobby projects) so I think your odds should be even better.

@IanPanda Yup I did registration but only got allocated 2/3 of the modules I signed up for. Got IT5001 + IT5003 and was rejected for IT5004.
 

adelee

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
@miniso-screwdriver thanks for the response! May I know what kind of hobby projects did you do? I’m also self learning languages like JS now, but haven’t done personal projects
 

clement7903

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
Hi everyone, I am looking to start a telegram group for those who are currently still in the midst of taking up the computing grad certs. We can form a group and discuss conversion to Masters in Computing. Do PM me if you are interested in joining such a community!
 

roytoy

Junior Member
Joined
May 12, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello! Have you been able to get the telegram group going? I am planning to apply for the Aug 2023 intake for this.

I am a Singapore PR but graduated in a good school in the Philippines with so so grades and has a back ground in IT recruitment for 7 years. I applied for Graduate Certificate in Computing Foundations for the August intake.
Some questions maybe you wonderful people can answer.
  1. What is the acceptance rate for Graduate Certificate? Is it as hard to get in as taking masters degree?
  2. Did someone here already take this? Any tips for someone starting out my journey in computer science. I do not have actual in depth IT background. Just self thought and some cloud certificates. I wanted to take this course to go in depth and maybe pursue my masters in computer science or data analytics after this
Thank you!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top