Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

lionheart80

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
1,324
Reaction score
63
Osaka (Den Den town area)
1. JUNGLE (opening hours 12:00 - 20:00) Closed Every Wednesday ->2nd hand P-bandai, Robot Damashii
2. Joshin Super Kids Land (opening hours 10:00 - 20:00) ->Regular Gundam selection
3. Mandarake Grand Chaos (opening hours 12:00 - 20:00) ->2nd hand P-bandai

any tax rebate for tourists if buying from the above or only shopping malls like yodobashi offers tax rabate
 

Tiny potato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
7,925
Reaction score
3
any tax rebate for tourists if buying from the above or only shopping malls like yodobashi offers tax rabate

Above 5000 yen will have tax rebate at these shops, do remember to ask them.

For the 5 % visa discount, some shops have, some shops do not.
 
Last edited:

Tiny potato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
7,925
Reaction score
3
I will try scrubbing it first with my sanding sponge I guess, thanks for the tip.

I will use a primer as a last resort, trying to save costs here since the areas I am painting are rather small and not whole pieces, haha.

Also, I realized my paint did not really stick well because I was only painting one thin layer. I assume as I paint on more layers, it should get more resistant to wearing off?

But still, my question remains, how do you know if the paint have adhered well to the plastic?

Fellow hand paint person here.

I only paint weapons and other small small areas. I prefer to use primer, since part is small, would not cost much.

Enamel paint will be more scratch proof, but soooo smelly. Gives me headache, haha.
 

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9
anybody getting p bandai products from the website? so can share the shipping costs? :s22: want to get rg qant full saber..

to add $12 for the shipping for 1 kit bohua. :(

just drop a pm and quote after this will do.
hopefully before the order closes.
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
I'm flying ANA ... planning to bring back at least 2 PG's ... :s13:

Feel free to buy and check in, I checked in PG Unicorn back previously while flying ANA.

Buy the kits from Yodobashi and show them your passport to get 8% tax off & inform them that you wanna check in the boxes so they can give you a giant carrier to store the boxes.
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
eVbWXNC.jpg


No space and keep getting confused about my backlogs :s22:

More photos: http://imgur.com/a/am6z0
 

Greenworm

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
970
Reaction score
2
Hey guys! Anyone hand paint with lacquer(Mr.Color)? I haven't tried it yet because i'm still building my kit.

I'm trying to hand paint the pipes and hydraulic and maybe the fingernails on my kit, the rest will air brush. Was afraid the paint might dry too fast but the hobby shop guy told me thinning it with abit more leveling tinner to paint per ratio might help abit in delaying the drying process.

Any tips guys?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top