Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

okedokeloke

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hey, just asking, but has anyone tried using Omni Acrylics on your gundam before?

I am looking for cheap paints to do minor painting on my gundam, and these are easily available in Popular at around $1 for the tube one with a twist cap, and $2.50 for the larger one with the flip-flop cap. I am trying to save as much right now, so I ideally don't want to go bust my money on tamiya acrylics and thinners, haha.

Has anyone have any experience with them? Can they be thinned with water? How well does it adhere to plastic surfaces?

I can't post images yet, but by searching "omni acrylics" on google, you should see what I am referring to, sorry!
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,196
Reaction score
3,967
Hey, just asking, but has anyone tried using Omni Acrylics on your gundam before?

I am looking for cheap paints to do minor painting on my gundam, and these are easily available in Popular at around $1 for the tube one with a twist cap, and $2.50 for the larger one with the flip-flop cap. I am trying to save as much right now, so I ideally don't want to go bust my money on tamiya acrylics and thinners, haha.

Has anyone have any experience with them? Can they be thinned with water? How well does it adhere to plastic surfaces?

I can't post images yet, but by searching "omni acrylics" on google, you should see what I am referring to, sorry!

I recommend you to just stick with pencil for panel lining.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Hey, just asking, but has anyone tried using Omni Acrylics on your gundam before?

I am looking for cheap paints to do minor painting on my gundam, and these are easily available in Popular at around $1 for the tube one with a twist cap, and $2.50 for the larger one with the flip-flop cap. I am trying to save as much right now, so I ideally don't want to go bust my money on tamiya acrylics and thinners, haha.

Has anyone have any experience with them? Can they be thinned with water? How well does it adhere to plastic surfaces?

I can't post images yet, but by searching "omni acrylics" on google, you should see what I am referring to, sorry!

never use before, so i dunno

y not just get mr hobby or tamiya water-base acrylic paint? just get a few basic colours and u are good to go. it is more expenisve, but a small bottle can last quite a while
 

tuner

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2002
Messages
1,104
Reaction score
0
Hey, just asking, but has anyone tried using Omni Acrylics on your gundam before?

Has anyone have any experience with them? Can they be thinned with water? How well does it adhere to plastic surfaces?
I use water based paints. Buy basic colors and mix accordingly! If you really want to use "omni acrylics" paints, suggest you need to spray a layer of surfacer for the paint to stick.
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,196
Reaction score
3,967
I use water based paints. Buy basic colors and mix accordingly! If you really want to use "omni acrylics" paints, suggest you need to spray a layer of surfacer for the paint to stick.

In the end still need spray:s22:

If need rough surface, use magic sponge.:s22:
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
Finally got my hands on the overrated God Hand.

17192568_10154445247410172_6266706691683614643_o.jpg


Used it for a few cuts, then decided to put it back and stick to my Tamiya nippers for all cutting.
 

Promethus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27,797
Reaction score
0
Have you guys went to the toys sales in Taka B1? Got my RG Wing Gundam EW for $25 there. There are other kits on sale too. Older MGs like Rick Dom for $35.
 

Promethus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27,797
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the heads up!

No prob! There are quite a bit of stuffs including vintage Saint Seiya, dragonball, SHF, Hot Toys etc.

But the Wing Gundam EW @ $25 is considered the best buy IMO.

Luckily, I have not gotten around to buying it up till now.

There are others like Aile Strike, Destiny, Astray etc @ $38, 00 Raiser @ $40+ and Sinaju @ $50+ Those I think order from Rakuten or Carousellers should be cheaper.
 

rvyne7

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
582
Reaction score
6
No prob! There are quite a bit of stuffs including vintage Saint Seiya, dragonball, SHF, Hot Toys etc.

But the Wing Gundam EW @ $25 is considered the best buy IMO.

Luckily, I have not gotten around to buying it up till now.

There are others like Aile Strike, Destiny, Astray etc @ $38, 00 Raiser @ $40+ and Sinaju @ $50+ Those I think order from Rakuten or Carousellers should be cheaper.

Do you know until when is the Sale? and the address please. Planning to get a new kit this weekends.
 

Fugrah

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Hello, new to this hobby thread. I just finished one of my kits but accidentally broke it small part and do not have spare. Is there a shop that does repair? Thanks.
 

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9
anybody bought third party RG water decal before? not looking at samuel decal. but those exact copy of the original decal from bandai , just water-transfer type.
 

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9
Hello, new to this hobby thread. I just finished one of my kits but accidentally broke it small part and do not have spare. Is there a shop that does repair? Thanks.

which kit is that ? and part ? post a picture of the broken piece, maybe some pros here can help. :o
 

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
anybody bought third party RG water decal before? not looking at samuel decal. but those exact copy of the original decal from bandai , just water-transfer type.

Used some third party water decals from TB. Still decent, only gripes is that it is thinner than Bandai's.
 

Fugrah

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
which kit is that ? and part ? post a picture of the broken piece, maybe some pros here can help. :o

FRxSS6G.jpg


Strike Freedom. As you can see the parts that can be connected to SF sides is broken and the small part stuck. :(
 
Last edited:

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9
Used some third party water decals from TB. Still decent, only gripes is that it is thinner than Bandai's.

does it mean it will break easier? then have to get extra set?

and u have the shop name? might want to get a few. is for rg strike + rg sky grasper + rg astray. will be good if all came from the same shop.
 

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9
Strike Freedom. As you can see the parts that can be connected to SF sides is broken and the small part stuck. :(

with some force i think can push the stuck part out. but connecting them back might be a problem. i believe that piece is rather tiny. also difficult to find a small diameter rod to drill and connect them together. or else just post with it holdin gun liao lo. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top