Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
all, do i have to pay import tax if i buy kits from hlj and ship to singapore?

Nope, you just pay the prices on the website and the shipping costs.

Of course my purchases have been less than sgd 1k, so I think it doesn't fall under commercial purposes or something.
 

ongkh2000

Master Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
3,318
Reaction score
0
Any recommendations for places a gunpla otaku to must visit in Tokyo, Osaka?
Definitely going to see the RX-0 at Odaiba.

Looking for Kotobukiya exclusives too

check out akihabara. if you're looking for koto exclusives there's a koto store just near the akihabara station.
 

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2001
Messages
7,754
Reaction score
581
I didn't like Den den town. Feel the gunpla prices is Singapore is quite reasonable. Rather save the space in my luggages for other stuffs.
thanks, its bit far from my place. I'll probably go check out den den town first. :D
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
I didn't like Den den town. Feel the gunpla prices is Singapore is quite reasonable. Rather save the space in my luggages for other stuffs.
Reasonable? I got my PG Astray at S$140. No way I am going to get this here.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
Reasonable? I got my PG Astray at S$140. No way I am going to get this here.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
Personally think go Japan is to buy GBT or kits limited to Japan nia

Savings not worth extra luggage and stuff

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Personally think go Japan is to buy GBT or kits limited to Japan nia

Savings not worth extra luggage and stuff

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT

Ok lah, with some packing, i could stuff my PG into my luggage and never pay for extra luggage.
I would aim for either PG, or super good deals for MG, limited edition or kits only available at Odaiba. Normal HG, SD not worth it.
 

spelljammer72

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Ok lah, with some packing, i could stuff my PG into my luggage and never pay for extra luggage.
I would aim for either PG, or super good deals for MG, limited edition or kits only available at Odaiba. Normal HG, SD not worth it.

i would suggest u go buy a ali-ba-ba bag and bring along. stuff everything in there lock it and check in. that's what i did.
 

michaeler2

Junior Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Hi, may i know which shop in sg has a huge range of acrylic and enamel paints? Like the tamiya and mrhobby ones. Thanks
 

kreja

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
11,923
Reaction score
4,348
Ok lah, with some packing, i could stuff my PG into my luggage and never pay for extra luggage.
I would aim for either PG, or super good deals for MG, limited edition or kits only available at Odaiba. Normal HG, SD not worth it.

The RG unicorn (lighting model) out of stock, sianz...
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
i would suggest u go buy a ali-ba-ba bag and bring along. stuff everything in there lock it and check in. that's what i did.
The boxes didn't get squashed?
I know it's the content that is important but I will feel very sian if the boxes are deformed.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
The RG unicorn (lighting model) out of stock, sianz...
Where did you look? I went a few Bic Camera before I found the PG Astray. It was so common few years back but getting rare now.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

hairiel

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone. First time posting and a newbie in gunpla building. I am interested in getting primer and gloss topcoat (not for final topcoat) from Krylon as it is much more cost efficient. Does anybody have recommendations on what specific cans to purchase? Thanks!
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
Hi everyone. First time posting and a newbie in gunpla building. I am interested in getting primer and gloss topcoat (not for final topcoat) from Krylon as it is much more cost efficient. Does anybody have recommendations on what specific cans to purchase? Thanks!
I suggest looking at the hobby ones first

Krylon is so-so but it is kinda powdery and dries to be a bit sticky, also a little thicker than say Mr Hobby when it dries

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT
 

iron2000

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
1,917
Reaction score
9
Was thinking in the shower of how gunpla have become a less accessible hobby.

Its was the best in the 90s, the neighbourhood NTUC at Bedok had a full suite of gunpla selection, the paints and markers, brushes, airbrush, thinner, placard etc. Sometimes when the promoter there can ask when new stock come and take the Bandai catalogue. Got anything missing can rush down to buy.

Now for me at Bedok only got PLAYe selling some overpriced old MG kits.
Supplies need to go down to Bugis to buy.

Recently was at Woodlands Metro and they not selling gunpla anymore.
I think as time goes in the end only hobby shops or central area department stores will sell gunpla. Gunpla becoming like PC hardware, buy online?
Or maybe by that time can teleport to Japan (fat hope, lol).
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,196
Reaction score
3,967
Was thinking in the shower of how gunpla have become a less accessible hobby.

Its was the best in the 90s, the neighbourhood NTUC at Bedok had a full suite of gunpla selection, the paints and markers, brushes, airbrush, thinner, placard etc. Sometimes when the promoter there can ask when new stock come and take the Bandai catalogue. Got anything missing can rush down to buy.

Now for me at Bedok only got PLAYe selling some overpriced old MG kits.
Supplies need to go down to Bugis to buy.

Recently was at Woodlands Metro and they not selling gunpla anymore.
I think as time goes in the end only hobby shops or central area department stores will sell gunpla. Gunpla becoming like PC hardware, buy online?
Or maybe by that time can teleport to Japan (fat hope, lol).

Or buy 3d printers and pirate gunpla.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top