Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
Hi. May i know where can i get godhand nipper? Still using the nipper that i bought few years ago and it is not as sharp anymore, thus making sanding too painful. Think it's time to retire it and get a new replacement after using it for 4 MG. For current gunpla, i have used 4x 1500 sandpaper. Still way to go and getting too tired sanding for 3 weeks...

Appreciate if any input provided. Thanks

Wow bro, you might wanna consider getting a 2nd cheaper nipper to cut the parts from the sprues first, before using the god hand to clean the nubs. Replacing it after 4 MGs seems hardcore, but I also noticed you mentioned few years ago.

Eitherway, I got mine from HAG/HAW at either Dhoby Ghaut or Macpherson:

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyArtGallery/


But if you're interested in online purchase, can check out:

Hobby Search - God Hand:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10435464

Or buy from Carousell:

https://carousell.com/search/products/?query=godhand
 

spelljammer72

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Hi. May i know where can i get godhand nipper? Still using the nipper that i bought few years ago and it is not as sharp anymore, thus making sanding too painful. Think it's time to retire it and get a new replacement after using it for 4 MG. For current gunpla, i have used 4x 1500 sandpaper. Still way to go and getting too tired sanding for 3 weeks...

Appreciate if any input provided. Thanks

I would suggest u use lower grid stand paper to remove the nub and a higher grid sandpaper to smoothen it. 1500 grid is too fine.
 

xtidus02

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi Spelljammer,

I have bought 1000grid, and many 1500grid. Just that PG having too many parts to clean and it makes me getting tired. However, 1000grid sometimes leave some scratches to the surface, therefore i prefer to sand it all the way with 1500.

After this Unicorn, I will be building my next Strike Freedom, so a good nipper would be a better choice.

Meanwhile, I have placed order for DSPIAE ST-A via Ezbuy. Heard this is the China version of the Godhand. Will try it out once it is delivered to me.
 

spelljammer72

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Hi Spelljammer,

I have bought 1000grid, and many 1500grid. Just that PG having too many parts to clean and it makes me getting tired. However, 1000grid sometimes leave some scratches to the surface, therefore i prefer to sand it all the way with 1500.

After this Unicorn, I will be building my next Strike Freedom, so a good nipper would be a better choice.

Meanwhile, I have placed order for DSPIAE ST-A via Ezbuy. Heard this is the China version of the Godhand. Will try it out once it is delivered to me.

usually i use 300 grid to take away the nub and 800 grid to smoothen it. to me anything higher then 800 is a waste of time.
after 4 MG and ur nipper not sharp? which nipper u using? i'm using the tamiya nipper and it has been with me for more then 3yr and still going strong. even the cheapo nipper i bought for my son still sharp after going though their hands of cutting don't know wat. haha
 

gentoro

Master Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
4,475
Reaction score
9
Can only be non-authentic lor - my fren bought 3 of this for $5 each via carousell!
71IktOtFH5L._SL1500_.jpg


US selling about 40-50 per pc! He passed me a pc to try. Very sharp! His cutter gone blunt after 4-5 MGs.

Cheap cheap $5 worth it. In US, I heard ppl using this plamo for 5-10yrs and can even cut well when rusty...
 

delson_tan

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,807
Reaction score
5
Hi everyone, I'm keen to pick up airbrushing after seeing my friend took up course at M Studio for his military vehicles. Any recommendations?
 

bio9205

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
Hi, any idea if there is a Gunpla Expo coming up? Seems like Singapore hasn't had one this year... I read somewhere that there will be one in October at Compass One, but can't remember where I read that from... Any news? Thanks!
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
Hi, any idea if there is a Gunpla Expo coming up? Seems like Singapore hasn't had one this year... I read somewhere that there will be one in October at Compass One, but can't remember where I read that from... Any news? Thanks!

iEj7wff.jpg
 

unicr0ne

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
12,851
Reaction score
3
Song da! managed to buy 4 boxes of expo clear Sazabi mech clear.

Any idea the resale value?
 

Blusttoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
14,257
Reaction score
1,422
lcd3yZs.png


I think sold out already.

7jFqrtC.png



Wanted the Polarised HGUC Unicorn but not for sale.
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,195
Reaction score
3,966
Read that tomorrow will have restock on the MG Sazabi, but still first come first get.
 

delson_tan

Master Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,807
Reaction score
5
Pot calling the kettle black?

He only bought 1 piece which is fair enough, not hording 4 pieces like a scalper.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top