Firstly, I find Asemu's preference for melee combat quite dangerous and I still think he should have went with the Double Bullet variation. Throwing away your beam rifle, probably the only thing that works against Vagan MS seems pretty risky... And the cannon fodders of the EFF loves being target dummies don't they, just standing there. I would prefer a smaller number of Adeles putting up slight resistance but still getting destroyed, just to show that the earth's military wasn't that bad.
It's nice though that he and Romary got married. I would have assumed Asemu got into an accident or something judging from the promo images. And things would definitely been different if Romary knew Zeheart was with Asemu in the final moments of the space incident and is still alive.
Onto the episode itself, my god, that Vagan mobile suit looks ugly, like a last-minute scrap prototype. But I suppose it's the predecessor for the AGE-3 enemy suits:
From thai-toku.com:
With regards to UE, oops Vagan's spies, I'm still having doubts over Flit's right hand man. If he truly was, it would be really unsuspecting, given his strategic calls throughout AGE-2. What the prime minister mentioned did gave me something to ponder about, with regards to achieving a compromise with the Vagans.
However, I really agree with Flit's genocidal tendencies [Taking references from past Gundam series, you just have to eliminate the source], it's a refreshing change from the "I wanna save everyone" motive, common in Gundam series of today [Looking at you Banagher and Kira]. It would also be nice to see more similar-minded, headstrong EFF officials alongside Flit instead of letting him run a solo show and creating a Lee- I mean Asuno dynasty.
Lastly, my current WIP [HG S-Gundam] before my final exams:
Compared to my completed HG Ex-S Gundam: