Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
8,799
Reaction score
4
I read that you guys prefer to use the super thin cement, is it better than regular one? I tried both but the super thin doesn't really have that impact as the regular one, although the regular was definitely messier.

Should I apply it like applying those furniture glue, on both side and wait for it to dry/gel a little before pressing the parts together?

The thin cement dry very fast, so what i do is leave a small gap in between the lines, and let the liquid flow down, apply about 2 to 3 times and press.

I prefer the normal type though, just dont spam too much on the parts
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
325
Hey sorry for the delay in reply, but I also face your problem and ended up using Mr. Hobby Mr. Super Clear Glossy for wash and if I need gloss final coat, then I use the Krylon. Although since their gloss is not that glossy, I use it to "fix" frosting too.

And I think I have to open up the Psycho again for gluing after deciding to remove it's transformation gimmicks, too many seamlines. And then repaint some stuff, probably get brown lining as well.

The RG was tremendous fun though [I mean really fun, haven't had that sensation in quite a bit], although I was afraid of breaking my pistons despite seeing that Sliver has managed to separate his. Found it easier to pull apart after using the frame motion instead. Definitely will get the Titans version.

photo-4.jpg


I read that you guys prefer to use the super thin cement, is it better than regular one? I tried both but the super thin doesn't really have that impact as the regular one, although the regular was definitely messier.

Should I apply it like applying those furniture glue, on both side and wait for it to dry/gel a little before pressing the parts together?

haiz...... wasted money liao.....:s22:
i use just thinner to fix frosting.....:s13::s13:

i also prefer the thin type....... easier to control than the thick one, always gets too much in the gaps that it ooze out onto the surface:(:(

seeing your psycho and mk-II i can only think of this scene, the one in Hong Kong City......

url
 

Playkoi

Master Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
4,464
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for SD Gundam Sangokuden #362 Tenshiho Shibai Sazabi!
Can anyone help me plsss~! last piece left~! :(
 

ongkh2000

Master Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
3,318
Reaction score
0
quite rare le, maybe u can try the taka atrium? the one at the big fountain there. now ther's some sales i saw some sanguo models.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
haiz...... wasted money liao.....:s22:
i use just thinner to fix frosting.....:s13::s13:

i also prefer the thin type....... easier to control than the thick one, always gets too much in the gaps that it ooze out onto the surface:(:(

i tot the whole idea of using cement to clear seamline is for the cement and melted plastic to ooze out?
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
325
i tot the whole idea of using cement to clear seamline is for the cement and melted plastic to ooze out?

yup, but i always put too much and makes it oozes out too much when pressed together.....:(

ちょうと 使いにくいの物ですが、使えない:s13::s13::s13::s13:
 

flanker27

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
1,458
Reaction score
0
bro,
there was a thread about buying airbrush in hk. care to update the address again as to where?
 

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
166520_3258739319507_751387232_n.jpg

1/10 Unicorn?
Gonna start painting my rapheal soon. Having a really hard time trying to attach parts to the bamboo sticks.The clips are a pain in the ass to use. Any suggestions?
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Gonna start painting my rapheal soon. Having a really hard time trying to attach parts to the bamboo sticks.The clips are a pain in the ass to use. Any suggestions?

what kind of clips u using? shld be very easy to attach parts to crocodile clips leh
 

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
64,429
Reaction score
1,776
the alligator clips are useful in most situations except in parts where there isnt a hidden area to securely clip on.

an example is a ring part for the GN-x, all surfaces of the part are visible with no hidden areas. so if i clip on 1 part to paint, it might move as result of the air pressure or the clips will leave "bite marks" when i change position to spray the blocked area.
 

tanyieern

Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
479
Reaction score
0
the alligator clips are useful in most situations except in parts where there isnt a hidden area to securely clip on.

an example is a ring part for the GN-x, all surfaces of the part are visible with no hidden areas. so if i clip on 1 part to paint, it might move as result of the air pressure or the clips will leave "bite marks" when i change position to spray the blocked area.

yea. i use bluetack when that happens.

some pics:
Photo11-6-1282208PM.jpg

a beam cannon that has no exposed parts. I filled the hole with bluetack and stuck the stick in there=:p
Photo11-6-1282251PMHDR.jpg

How i attach the clip to the part.

Please do correct me if i made mistakes.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
the alligator clips are useful in most situations except in parts where there isnt a hidden area to securely clip on.

an example is a ring part for the GN-x, all surfaces of the part are visible with no hidden areas. so if i clip on 1 part to paint, it might move as result of the air pressure or the clips will leave "bite marks" when i change position to spray the blocked area.

which ring part? HG or MG gn-x?
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
yea. i use bluetack when that happens.

some pics:
Photo11-6-1282208PM.jpg

a beam cannon that has no exposed parts. I filled the hole with bluetack and stuck the stick in there=:p
Photo11-6-1282251PMHDR.jpg

How i attach the clip to the part.

Please do correct me if i made mistakes.

looks ok.
but is the clip sturdy enough, since it is held to the stick only with blue-tack
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top