Have you ever consider before,

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
Me too. I have dealt with a lot of people in the past. I prefer to stay away from people.

The world ends or not is again not for me to decide or hope really.

At least I know that I will die eventually and not have to live forever. I do encourage my kids not to have children. Enjoy their lives then end the bloodline so no more suffering for future generations. But again is up to them.

Ownself happy jiu hao.

yeah. humans are the creators of drama.

'beachy' woman especially.

from nothing can creating a blackhole one.
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
In life you meet people, people enter your lives, but they will one day exit your life also, from colleagues to relatives to loved ones, boy and girl break off, hubby and wife divorce, boss retrench people, employee resigns, etc, people come and go, take it easy, life is like a bus journey, got people enter your life and leave your life. Every knowing each other is just a view along the way only. Take it easy.

AGREE.

and that made me realised that, we are actually eff-ing lonely afterall!

we came alone, and will be leaving alone.

ALSO.

if you understand how the human mind works, you'd realised how ALONE we truly are. because truth is, your thoughts are entirely yours. nobody shares your thought.

you can be saying i'm feeling happy, someone will look at you and try to "feel your happiness" by using his own understanding of happiness. In the end, what he felt wasn't what you felt, because he has his own understanding of happiness.

While, you both think that "oh, we are feeling happy". It should be more like "I am feeling happy" "He is feeling happy".

we are freaking LONELY!
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
I'm currently living off dividends from US equities.

hi bro, wanna consult you on this.

can i check, are you invested in Dividend Funds or Dividend Stocks?

how do you manage?

I am also setting up a portfolio of dividend.

but I can't help but feel a prick in my ass when I know that, while I am getting income, my net asset value is fluctuating. I constantly fear the NAV drop to 0 in the near future. Then i might as well just spend my own money instead of getting taxed dividend. -.-

how do you manage this aspect because I see you mention you live of dividends.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,751
Reaction score
20,752
yeah. humans are the creators of drama.

'beachy' woman especially.

from nothing can creating a blackhole one.
Men also have. It can be anyone.
Typically is when they get what they want. You don't do what they want. They don't get their way. Sometimes also for no reason they just not happy and want to see others unhappy then they feel like that achieved something.
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
I don't know if you remember what I said previously about wishing the world to end.

I'm not kidding. Maybe AI will take care of that eventually, if not a cataclysmic disaster first.

Quoting from Agent Smith: "I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not.

You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus.

Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure."


I find myself agreeing with him more and more the longer I live.

who is agent smith?

actually I believe equilibrium is still in play, and it will always be in play. It's just a law of nature.

For example, we humans multiply and multiply, that result in the environment getting increasingly competitive. Prices goes up, property price goes up, cost of living goes up.

What happen next? people cannot afford, they choose to not have kids. Birth rate drops, number of human beings drop. Going back to equilibrium.
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
No Leh.

In my Psychedlic journeys I felt the connections with everything .

I don't feel lonely. I get peace with quiet and solace.
never heard of that before. what's psychedlic journey?

oh wait. just did a quick read up.

is that drugsss? lols
 

messidona

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2023
Messages
12,209
Reaction score
8,903
no la, sit up right and enjoy life. drinking cocktail at the beach. go overseas holiday. or can even do "a job" that you're passionate about.

instead of (slog - receive salary - pay bills) x 40 years - and then - die.
I want to do a job I am passionate about but the job doesn't want me. I also don't like my degree. Kena pressured to study that degree one
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,751
Reaction score
20,752
who is agent smith?

actually I believe equilibrium is still in play, and it will always be in play. It's just a law of nature.

For example, we humans multiply and multiply, that result in the environment getting increasingly competitive. Prices goes up, property price goes up, cost of living goes up.

What happen next? people cannot afford, they choose to not have kids. Birth rate drops, number of human beings drop. Going back to equilibrium.
You most likely very young?

You heard of movie "The Matrix"?
 

EdenHazard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
46,920
Reaction score
13,122
if you already have a house, and if you spend normally. no branded etc, and inflation doesn't continue its trend, then yes it's enough.

but if you wanna splurge a little. 3m - 5m will be good.
With 1m, quite easy to compound and snowball to 2m and beyond if you got basic financial literacy
 

WarMage87

Banned
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
2,942
Reaction score
1,965
when will you take a backseat in life?

like every day chiong. Work so hard.

I see some people, got 1 car, not enough. go for a sport car.
Got 1 house, not enough, go for 1 more condo.

when will they be satisfied?

and more importantly, when will you take a back seat in life? Is there like a $$$ figure? or a age number? or certain ambition or achievements?

please share!

for me, i think if i got house/car, no debt. i wanna take backseat liao. enjoy the peace in life.
Some people genuniely enjoy chiong?
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,751
Reaction score
20,752
Please share bro...
You know rule of 72?

It's an easy way to calculate just how long it's going to take for your money to double. Just take the number 72 and divide it by the interest rate you hope to earn. That number gives you the approximate number of years it will take for your investment to double.
 

Icychemist

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
256
You know rule of 72?

It's an easy way to calculate just how long it's going to take for your money to double. Just take the number 72 and divide it by the interest rate you hope to earn. That number gives you the approximate number of years it will take for your investment to double.
That's provided the investment is heading in the right direction ma. Lols
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top