Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

LegendZenify

Reaction score
Approx SGD$ 240+ including shipping. This one is ? 16股线 ( dunno wats the equiv gauge in english ) thicker than the ?8股线 one I previously did for my other headphone. ( SGD130++)

51862048770_7c4af96534_b.jpg

I think any thicker it will be abit stiff..

51649861448_5e76d1844e_b.jpg
Do you have the link to these cables? I'm interested to get one for myself.

I think the 16 should refer to the no. of cores, which means they use 16 wires to braid

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Approx SGD$ 240+ including shipping. This one is ? 16股线 ( dunno wats the equiv gauge in english ) thicker than the ?8股线 one I previously did for my other headphone. ( SGD130++)

51862048770_7c4af96534_b.jpg

I think any thicker it will be abit stiff..

51649861448_5e76d1844e_b.jpg

i think english equivalent is called 16 core

Honeydewz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the new type of earbud tips is better than the old one????

bought enacfire earbud they give the "new" and "old" earbud tips I'm clueless as to use which tips

new
sudio-fem-contoured.jpg

Old
516-HNJ8-MCL-AC-SS450.jpg

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
i thought it is more of:

photos of "old" are more for wired earpc?

the so-called "new" r more for bluetooth ear pod? NO?
my old-model is alrdy using the "new"

& my latest purchase of wired/cord earpc comes w the bud which u claimed old

Faux Pas

Master Member
Reaction score
D5345728-ED83-45-B5-9-FE4-B13-A6-D9-B9-BFB.jpg

Decided to boost china’s economy with these 4.4 hoots, blind hoot without testing only read some reviews and with some vouchers from Shopee :LOL:

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
D5345728-ED83-45-B5-9-FE4-B13-A6-D9-B9-BFB.jpg

Decided to boost china’s economy with these 4.4 hoots, blind hoot without testing only read some reviews and with some vouchers from Shopee :LOL:

Which Topping is that ?

They have quite a number of products that are quite well regarded on ASR forum.

I have a Topping A90 to drive my headphones. No complaints

Faux Pas

Master Member
Reaction score
Which Topping is that ?

They have quite a number of products that are quite well regarded on ASR forum.

I have a Topping A90 to drive my headphones. No complaints
It is dx3 pro+

im no audiophile my last dac was just shanling ua1 pro, hope this set can last me for a few years

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Moondrop Chu - 1st impression review - $32 (Mic)

Recently Moondrop launched a budget IEM at $30 (without mic) and $32 (with mic).
It has a single 10mm Dynamic Driver. Sadly, cable is not detachable.
FoxJTse.jpg

Packaging
Such a nice Box Art. A delightful waifu to represent the Chu, just like other Moondrop IEMs.
2ITlgLt.jpg

Construction
Fully aluminium built. The IEM feels weighty and appears to be more expensive than its actual price tag. The included Spring Tips are beautiful too. They are sticky and soft so they can be worn comfortably for a long time. The Spring Tips itself can be bought for $20 a set. Thus making the IEM 'only $10'.

3vF1k9G.jpg

Extras
A lot of extras included in the package, including Earhooks and a soft pouch (forgot to take pic)

Cable
The cable is soft and easy to manage. It also does not carry microphonics up to the IEM

mNuHVol.jpg

Sound
Driving it out of ever trusted Apple Dongle, using Spotify highest quality, the Moondrop Chu surprised me a lot. It has a clean neutral sound with a touch of sparkle. Bass is punchy yet light. Instruments are well separated. Does not sound crowded in busy songs like many cheap earphones in this price rage. It also sounds intimate (not much sound stage) but I am not complaining.

Tea vs Chu
Compared to my daily driver, Mangird Tea 6 BA/ 1 DD ($400) IEM, Chu can easily match it in clarity at Bass and Mids (Vocals) but looses in sound stage and top end treble shine of the Tea. Tea has bigger sound stage and better top end clarity but it is not fair to compare a $400 IEM to a $30 one ($10 if you consider included Spring Tips at $20)!

KZ X Crinacle CRN vs Chu

Totally different types of IEM. CRN sounds warmer, more bassy and less sparkly. if you like some fun/vshape sound, go for the CRN. It is not as clear as Chu but it is still a very capable IEM at its price point. Chu however, sounds cleaner, more forward in vocals.

Conclusion
Such value has never been seen in this price range of $30. If you are looking for a daily driver and do not mind a touch of sparkle in the high frequency, this IEM will surely satisfy you. Just take care of it as it does not have a user replaceable cable. If you love a lot of Bass, Chu is not for you sadly.

Look how small the Chu is!
pwO9rq1.jpg

Also, Spring Tips on Mangird Tea and a free IEM for other uses.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
fast hand fast leg, got compare with cca cra? maybe get a chu to play with next.
although it cant really match the value in our market at 2.5x the price.
don't have a CCA CRA to compare to.

Moondrop Chu can be a blind buy. You won't be disappointed.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Moondrop Chu - 1st impression review - $32 (Mic)

Recently Moondrop launched a budget IEM at $30 (without mic) and $32 (with mic).
It has a single 10mm Dynamic Driver. Sadly, cable is not detachable.
FoxJTse.jpg

Packaging
Such a nice Box Art. A delightful waifu to represent the Chu, just like other Moondrop IEMs.
2ITlgLt.jpg

Construction
Fully aluminium built. The IEM feels weighty and appears to be more expensive than its actual price tag. The included Spring Tips are beautiful too. They are sticky and soft so they can be worn comfortably for a long time. The Spring Tips itself can be bought for $20 a set. Thus making the IEM 'only $10'.

3vF1k9G.jpg

Extras
A lot of extras included in the package, including Earhooks and a soft pouch (forgot to take pic)

Cable
The cable is soft and easy to manage. It also does not carry microphonics up to the IEM

mNuHVol.jpg

Sound
Driving it out of ever trusted Apple Dongle, using Spotify highest quality, the Moondrop Chu surprised me a lot. It has a clean neutral sound with a touch of sparkle. Bass is punchy yet light. Instruments are well separated. Does not sound crowded in busy songs like many cheap earphones in this price rage. It also sounds intimate (not much sound stage) but I am not complaining.

Tea vs Chu
Compared to my daily driver, Mangird Tea 6 BA/ 1 DD ($400) IEM, Chu can easily match it in clarity at Bass and Mids (Vocals) but looses in sound stage and top end treble shine of the Tea. Tea has bigger sound stage and better top end clarity but it is not fair to compare a $400 IEM to a $30 one ($10 if you consider included Spring Tips at $20)!

KZ X Crinacle CRN vs Chu

Totally different types of IEM. CRN sounds warmer, more bassy and less sparkly. if you like some fun/vshape sound, go for the CRN. It is not as clear as Chu but it is still a very capable IEM at its price point. Chu however, sounds cleaner, more forward in vocals.

Conclusion
Such value has never been seen in this price range of $30. If you are looking for a daily driver and do not mind a touch of sparkle in the high frequency, this IEM will surely satisfy you. Just take care of it as it does not have a user replaceable cable. If you love a lot of Bass, Chu is not for you sadly.

Look how small the Chu is!
pwO9rq1.jpg

Also, Spring Tips on Mangird Tea and a free IEM for other uses.

All these kz and moondrop nozzle dam big

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious. Are there any buffet (<$50) wired earphones with ANC? Not overears.
Thanks

Last edited:

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
I dont game/gaming but i saw a famous gaming brand called Razer

are their headphones really fantastic?

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tmr theres a store on shopee thats sell wh-1000xm4 for SGD254 tmr
if you wanna consider them

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.