HELP!!! Computer boots but with no display

hisugaya

Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
1
Resolved: Computer boots but with no display

Hello, I am facing a problem where I can boot and you can hear Windows log in sound and all those but it does not display anything on my screen. This problem just came up today when I was playing Swordsman Online, the computer speaker suddenly buzzed and the computer restarted and ever since I am getting the no display but boots in problem.

Here's what I tried:
System Restore.
Disable start ups.
Clear CMOS(taking out the battery, not the set jumper thing that one for BIOS right?)
Plugged my laptop to monitor and there is display.
Double check with that cable is not faulty with the laptop test.

What I don't have:
Extra monitor, GPU, HDMI DVI VGA cables.

I am able to boot into safe mode.

Still no use after I tried all those things. Please anyone can help me?

My system:
CPU:i3 2100
Mobo:MSI P67A-C45 B3
GPU:MSI 550-ti Cyclone II
RAM:8GB Kingston Value
PSU:FSP Aurum Gold 500W
HDD:WD Caviar Blue 500GB
Optical:HP dvd1260
 
Last edited:

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
1) Remove graphic card
2) Use onboard gpu
3) If able boot properly means graphic card uplorry.
 

ZawLee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2012
Messages
711
Reaction score
0
Be sure to ask before coming down so as not to waste your trip. Computer can be damn heavy. Be sure to remove hdd before you carry it down as any vibration big or small will heavily damage the hdd. Best you bring the casing box with protection inside.
 

hisugaya

Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
1
Update: I was able to boot into normal mode with display today morning. After 1~5 mins it restarted and the problem surface again. I suspect it is display driver problem? I did try to install the latest drivers in safe mode but it was still the same.
 

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
This phenomenon is typically happen with a dying card.

I've experienced it twice. Sometimes can boot up normally while most of the times can't.

If you wanna save money, go buy an extremely cheap 2nd hand working condition graphic card. You can use it next time if same **** happens again.
 
Last edited:

nnafiy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
12,149
Reaction score
2
Hi TS, I'm facing the same problem as you. The card I'm using is ASUS HD7770 DirectCU and it's about 1 and a half yrs old.

When I have the latest version of the graphics driver installed, my com boots up into a blank screen but I can hear the bootup windows sound. When I go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers, my com boots up fine.

I'm thinking it's a hardware issue here. Someone help me please!! :(
 

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
1) Unplug all sata cable from HDD or SSD
2) Boot up
3.1) If there are display, force shut down, wait for 10 secs then boot up again. Repeat five times. If 4/5 times shows display = high possibility driver's issue.

3.2) If there are no display, force shut down and boot up again Repeat five times. If 4/5 times shows no display = high possibility graphic card go lorry.
 

nnafiy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
12,149
Reaction score
2
1) Unplug all sata cable from HDD or SSD
2) Boot up
3.1) If there are display, force shut down, wait for 10 secs then boot up again. Repeat five times. If 4/5 times shows display = high possibility driver's issue.

3.2) If there are no display, force shut down and boot up again Repeat five times. If 4/5 times shows no display = high possibility graphic card go lorry.

if HDD and SSD are unplugged, how can it boot into the OS? :s11:
 

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
15,999
Reaction score
6,513
if HDD and SSD are unplugged, how can it boot into the OS? :s11:

he's not asking you to boot up into OS, but rather to eliminate any software issue caused by drivers. You'll still see POST screen even without any hdd
 

nnafiy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
12,149
Reaction score
2
previously still can POST, after unplugging cannot POST liao. :s22:
 

hisugaya

Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
1
Hi TS, I'm facing the same problem as you. The card I'm using is ASUS HD7770 DirectCU and it's about 1 and a half yrs old.

When I have the latest version of the graphics driver installed, my com boots up into a blank screen but I can hear the bootup windows sound. When I go into safe mode and uninstall the drivers, my com boots up fine.

I'm thinking it's a hardware issue here. Someone help me please!! :(

How you uninstall the display drivers in safe mode cos mine said I only can uninstall it in normal mode.
 

hisugaya

Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
1
Uninstalled the display driver in safe mode. After that I am able to boot into normal mode with display. Then when I installed the nvidia display driver and restarted the problem comes back. What is the problem here?

I did the unplugging of HDD only and restarting for 5 times. All 5 times I was able to see the MSI post then after that is the prompt to insert a HDD to boot.
 
Last edited:

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
Uninstalled the display driver in safe mode. After that I am able to boot into normal mode with display. Then when I installed the nvidia display driver and restarted the problem comes back. What is the problem here?

I did the unplugging of HDD only and restarting for 5 times. All 5 times I was able to see the MSI post then after that is the prompt to insert a HDD to boot.

Did you try unplugging the SATA cable after installing the latest nvida display driver? If yes, might not be the graphic card issue. Might be the driver issue. Try download to an older version of driver.
 
Last edited:

hisugaya

Member
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
1
Did you try unplugging the SATA cable after installing the latest nvida display driver? If yes, might not be the graphic card issue. Might be the driver issue. Try download to an older version of driver.

Just Tried what you said and the problem still exist.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top