Hi. Can I suggest adding a “Delete Account” feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolmyth

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
57,056
Reaction score
10,554
It seems right now, the only way is to email you guys and deactivate an account.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/help/deactivation/

I hope there can be consideration for having a Delete Account somewhere where we can do it on our own.

By deleting an account, I hope all its posts etc will also be deleted from your servers.

Deactivation, as I understand, is the same as freezing it. You guys have the ability to reactivate it, even when I am no longer around. A Delete Account feature will be more reassuring.

Thank you for reading this.

Edit: And from what I read from Google Gemini AI, you guys may not even read or respond to emails requesting deactivation. Is that true?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,427
Reaction score
3,248
Anyway, Your feedback is duly noted and will be brought to attention of the team.

To address the main body of the suggestion, account deactivation is done through email hwzmembership@sph.com.sg and the forum administrators will then follow up with user on the request.

This process is one way and non-reversible (I.e. the forum will not entertain account reactivation after the deactivation request).

Posts will still remain on the forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top