home karaoke

TamaGohan

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
I bought a analog to digital converter (rca to toslink) but have not used it on my Remix yet - as I am still using my old sound system instead of the new soundbar. I think it should work, but not sure of the quality.
Bro I have the same issue. Bought a analog to digital converter. But it does not work on my lg sound bar. Can you share the brand of the converter you bought?
 

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
33,383
Reaction score
2,228
Hello,

was wondering if anyone owns a home karaoke system?

currently, I have 2 sound bar and woofer but seriously in need on a system to allow singing to be done.

In the past, I used an app call K ge zhi wang but realised it's lagging badly and have tried a few others.

or I should just invest in those Qoo10 karaoke system?
not cheap, cost around $400-$500.
Just bought powerhouse damage $2100
 

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
33,383
Reaction score
2,228
Hows teh song selection for their Ubox? I'm considering it comparing with Teo Heng's
quite ok..U box just like teo heng, but cost $500 more.. u can Scan QR code on ur TV screen and use HP to select song, use the amount to upgrade speaker better.
 

smellyfish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
13,138
Reaction score
5,480
How much did u soundproof?

can give exact details on what u did and the cost? :o
Is contractor last time do one as part of whole package, can’t remember the itemized costs but got false ceiling with I think rockwool inside, thick carpet, foam padding and special door and window
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Is contractor last time do one as part of whole package, can’t remember the itemized costs but got false ceiling with I think rockwool inside, thick carpet, foam padding and special door and window
Okok cos wanna know the rough costing. Hopefully not too ex.

but the walls got nth? Or no affect one. Don’t seem like full sound proof Le.
 

smellyfish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
13,138
Reaction score
5,480
Okok cos wanna know the rough costing. Hopefully not too ex.

but the walls got nth? Or no affect one. Don’t seem like full sound proof Le.
Don’t think it’s full sound proof, used to have some sound absorbing fabric panels on walls but have removed them.
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
Yea that's my concern. Disturbing neighbours is a no no.

I don't think everybody here install karaoke is just ownself happy and don't care when disturbing others when singing aloud right? :s22:

I had a neighbour like that, dio *(#&!*(& by others now seldom use liao.

I would think it'll be a hassle to 1) reno after or 2) subject to the eyes of everybody in the vicinity that they are the KTV owners with cui voices.
 

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
33,383
Reaction score
2,228
I thought ubox is currently $799 ? same price as teo heng's.




Read HWZ Forum Rules!
U need to see the package what is include inside

Moi is this one

UBOX Slim Home Karaoke System​






UBOX Slim Home Karaoke System is the World’s Slimmest Karaoke System designed specially for our Singapore homes. The slimPRO Karaoke Speakers being just over 8cm thick, this karaoke system will fit any TV console without taking much space!
This package includes:
  • Powerhouse UBOX Touchscreen
    (With Songs)
  • Powerhouse ampPRO Karaoke Amplifier
  • Powerhouse slimPRO Karaoke Speakers
  • Powerhouse subPRO 12″ Subwoofer Speaker
  • Upgraded Powerhouse micPRO Dynamic Wireless Microphone


https://www.powerhouse.com.sg/product/ubox-slim-home-karaoke-system/
 

Palary

Master Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
3,624
Reaction score
322
U need to see the package what is include inside
Moi is this one
UBOX Slim Home Karaoke System
UBOX Slim Home Karaoke System
is the World’s Slimmest Karaoke System designed specially for our Singapore homes. The slimPRO Karaoke Speakers being just over 8cm thick, this karaoke system will fit any TV console without taking much space!
This package includes:
Powerhouse UBOX Touchscreen
(With Songs)
Powerhouse ampPRO Karaoke Amplifier
Powerhouse slimPRO Karaoke Speakers
Powerhouse subPRO 12″ Subwoofer Speaker
Upgraded
Powerhouse micPRO Dynamic Wireless Microphone
https://www.powerhouse.com.sg/product/ubox-slim-home-karaoke-system/

currently I've already have the amplifier and speaker system , mic system from teo heng.
I'm just looking for the songs portion.


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

smellyfish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
13,138
Reaction score
5,480
For wireless mic system, is It impt to get those with auto scan or ACT functionality? How to choose a good mic system?
 

wlcling

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
455
Yea that's my concern. Disturbing neighbours is a no no.

I don't think everybody here install karaoke is just ownself happy and don't care when disturbing others when singing aloud right? :s22:

I had a neighbour like that, dio *(#&!*(& by others now seldom use liao.

I would think it'll be a hassle to 1) reno after or 2) subject to the eyes of everybody in the vicinity that they are the KTV owners with cui voices.

i got quotation before, do floating room in room ... about $40k just for a 3 by 5m room lol
 

runforyourlife

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
47,253
Reaction score
5,238
yah too crazy d if really wanna go for "proper" sound proofing, somemore room size become smaller abit.
I find it hard to believe.

the KTV rooms have a certain form of sound proofing from room to room, those suffice already.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top