HP Pavilion dv4-1301TX

poignant

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
Looks really good.
I might want to buy one if I can't find anything at ITShow2009.

@lordlad0, thanks for the picture!

@wyemun,
might need your help when that time comes. ;)
 

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
23,201
Reaction score
4,633
Looks really good.
I might want to buy one if I can't find anything at ITShow2009.

@lordlad0, thanks for the picture!

@wyemun,
might need your help when that time comes. ;)

I have tried to clarify with HP if an hp employee email is a must or not. If no need it will be more convenient for ppl to order. But if required, I can be a referral too.

You may want to call HP to clarifiy on Monday too.
 
Last edited:

poignant

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
I have tried to clarify with HP if an hp employee email is a must or not. If no need it will be more convenient for ppl to order. But if required, I can be a referral too.

You may want to call HP to clarifiy on Monday too.

Yay!
Two Referees~
Thanks for offering! :s47:

Can't wait for ITShow to start.
 

MrJacky

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
3,666
Reaction score
0
Well I got like 3 contacts at HP. I wasn't aware of this student deal yet, I may start enquiring them.

Do note that the student promotion model specifications may differ from the non-student ones.

That's what happened with the dv5 the last time, the $800-$900 difference was justified with weaker specs.
 

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
23,201
Reaction score
4,633
So long as the model numbers match, the spec should be it.

BTW, i went to see the Challenger unit again, now i know why theirs are selling at $2099, it is actually dv4-1200 series with a DVB TV card built in. Other than that it is identical with dv4-1301. The regular price for dv4-1301 is $1899(1y warranty)

Frankly I don't agree why use a multimedia nb as a student promo. They should use a CQ40 and a CQ20.
 
Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
23,201
Reaction score
4,633
so would you recommend this model for polytechnic + some light gaming ?

It's a good price for this model. But you must compare it against other brands' Poly promos, they could be as competitive too.
 

amosyeo

Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Any idea if the touchpad is smooth when scrolling? The surface doesnt look smooth.
 

Gaddy23

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
2,333
Reaction score
67
the touchpad not that smooth. but super shiny. can use as mirror. Its a good multimedia lappy. Good speakers too and 3 years warranty included.
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
661
Reaction score
80
Today's Sunday Times featured this offer! (page 8, main section).It state can go to HP retailers. It is more conveient.

I think this is a very good deal. Unfortunately, I'm not a student so can't enjoy this offer...
 

tyranusaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
lmao this still loses to my dv5-1034tx which has a 9600M GT which is like around 3 times better than the G 105M lol, but still this has a faster processor and slightly more ram at like $400 less, but then again this' screen is also smaller, and my dv5 was released like last year june. :D
 
Last edited:

samchange

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
So is this a good buy at 1300? Im thinking of getting it. But they dont show the specs clearly. They only said Nvidia geforece with 512mb D.V.M. and how heavy is it? But anyway my main question is if it is a good buy.
 

samchange

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
my HP TX1222AU just broke down yesterday.....cant even boot to BIOS or even show POST...

i dunno, the above HP laptop giving me lotsa problem (and i know i am not the only one)....

hesistant to try another HP lappy.

Well, you can trust me on this, as i have seen this many many times. Your HP is way better than almost any acer brand laptops. Ive seen so many people in my poly who have baught the acer and see the laptop breakdown right infront of their eyes. It hangs, it does not boot properly, you need to fix it often. IE wont start up, heat problems. They even look wierd.

So if you have a hp dont complain just yet. Wait till you get a acer. Thats why if you look at the poly promos for laptops, between HP and Acer, Acer can have much better specs then a HP one at the same price. Simply because for some reason, HP's are more reliable. And from my experience at my poly all the HP laptops were sold out so some were forced to buy the Acer one. I feel sad for them.
 

MarineX

Banned
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
19,427
Reaction score
0
Well, you can trust me on this, as i have seen this many many times. Your HP is way better than almost any acer brand laptops. Ive seen so many people in my poly who have baught the acer and see the laptop breakdown right infront of their eyes. It hangs, it does not boot properly, you need to fix it often. IE wont start up, heat problems. They even look wierd.

So if you have a hp dont complain just yet. Wait till you get a acer. Thats why if you look at the poly promos for laptops, between HP and Acer, Acer can have much better specs then a HP one at the same price. Simply because for some reason, HP's are more reliable. And from my experience at my poly all the HP laptops were sold out so some were forced to buy the Acer one. I feel sad for them.

lol.. i agree on this. but till date, my HP have not failed me even once - yet.
 

kitten2k

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
481
Agree that HP is better laptops! Still using my 6 yr old trusted P3 HP laptop till now (batteries normal lah...dead but upgraded HDD and RAM 3yrs ago)

HP is quite solidly built compared to others where the hinges crack and buttons drop out etc...

Will get this offer to replace my ageing laptop (old one give my kids ... hehe)

:s13::s13::s13:
 

shengliang1981

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
2,439
Reaction score
174
I am an HP employee. If you need the referral details to purchase this notebook, please email me your contact number to shengliang1981@gmail.com. I will sms you the details.

I will also give back $10 worth of voucher to the buyer after I get it so it will be a win-win deal (Note: buyer will need to self-collect at a location that convenient to me though).
 

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
17,145
Reaction score
470
i just asked the sales person in funan today.....stock not in yet......can only pre-order now.....

stock only in on friday.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top