Tortoise79
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2007
- Messages
- 7,307
- Reaction score
- 309
Hello All,
I am looking for a HTPC (DIY or off the shelf) however I am new to this so would need some advise here.
1. Small form factor since there isn't much room for a typical desktop tower beside my TV.
2. Playing mainly videos and music, have a full fledged pc (gaming, torrent in my room). Would likely transfer most of the drama, shows from my room pc to the HTPC (thr LAN) and play on the big screen TV.
3. Can those off the shelf HTPC read .str cos some movie don't have subtitle and need to separately download the .str and put them in the same folder?
4. Also some movies come with multi language sub. I can select them through a normal pc player with k-lite codec. Able to do so with HTPC?
5. Any recommendation build would be a good start.
Thanks

I am looking for a HTPC (DIY or off the shelf) however I am new to this so would need some advise here.
1. Small form factor since there isn't much room for a typical desktop tower beside my TV.
2. Playing mainly videos and music, have a full fledged pc (gaming, torrent in my room). Would likely transfer most of the drama, shows from my room pc to the HTPC (thr LAN) and play on the big screen TV.
3. Can those off the shelf HTPC read .str cos some movie don't have subtitle and need to separately download the .str and put them in the same folder?
4. Also some movies come with multi language sub. I can select them through a normal pc player with k-lite codec. Able to do so with HTPC?
5. Any recommendation build would be a good start.
Thanks

