Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Poco budget phone no NFC is already a deal breaker to those using Gpay. Just get a used Mix 2S with NFC and wireless charging at almost Poco price is better deal than mi8 imo. Also no notch to complain off

mi mix 2s is $200 more than poco, already in a totally different class of phone, so cannot compare.

plus it's not like i pay $200 more, i get a totally better phone either. the biggest compromise is the batt life as it loses to poco by a lot (59 hrs vs 94 hrs GSMArena rating) and there's no headphone jack either.

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I was thinking why HW would do something stupid like only giving it to telcos 2 weeks later on 8th. Reading the statement again, it seems like it will only launch in CERTAIN telcos on 22nd Nov and made available to ALL telcos on 8th.

Let's hope the big 3 telcos are part of the selected telcos on 22nd Nov..

"If you’re keen to get your hands on this elite device, the Huawei Mate 20 X will be available at all Huawei concept stores, official online store, selected consumer electronic stores and local telecommunication operators from November 22.

It will only be made available at all local telecommunication operators from 8 December onwards."

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That's nuts man. HK can buy at 6k hkd, that's just low $1k sgd, profit 500 bucks and no warranty some more

no one so kum gong will buy from him.

Swordsman

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Not as good. Cuz resolution lower. Only 500+ppi 1080 nia. Mate 20 Pro is 1440

im currently using xiaomi max 2. so logically speak if i switch to mate 20x, the display should be double or triple good ?

Kitschme

Reaction score
im currently using xiaomi max 2. so logically speak if i switch to mate 20x, the display should be double or triple good ?
Bigger than mi max 2 cfm. Speed faster battery life longer.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol I bought my mate 20 X (8GB/256GB )in Shenzhen for 1191 sgd
Yours is cheap. Mine I paid extra more for 8gb/256gb. Bo pian dunno anyone going China etc. Better than paying $1500 for a 6gb. Now his post is gone. Hope to receive it next week.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
No worries the phone you are getting is really good. Superb performance, triple camera , large screen that is actually usable. I think this is the best phone I used so far.

But the default 128gb storage is a fail for me , since you can' t use dual sim plus nano sdcard at the same time , hence 256gb is a lot better.

The extra 2gb ram is just extra goodness.

Yours is cheap. Mine I paid extra more for 8gb/256gb. Bo pian dunno anyone going China etc. Better than paying $1500 for a 6gb. Now his post is gone. Hope to receive it next week.

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

striker22

Reaction score
Decided not to get the Mate 20x in Malaysia after checking both the countries HW website. It seems that the warranty as worded is not an international warranty and will have to go back to the country of purchase to get it service.

salmontuna

Reaction score
Decided not to get the Mate 20x in Malaysia after checking both the countries HW website. It seems that the warranty as worded is not an international warranty and will have to go back to the country of purchase to get it service.

Read the news from Vulcan Post guys.
It seems like due to popular demand, X will be coming into SG in 22 Nov on Retail Outlets and 8 Dec for local telcos.

p.s. I guess I'll wait for my recontract as I was almost about to get the Mate 20 (can't justify the ugly notch on Pro and the glue issue)

Then again news was out some time back so y'all should already know bout it.

quasar89

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the charging voltage is 40W like the pro version? Can't seem to find any info on Google.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.