Huawei Mate Xs 2

sam39sg

Reaction score
ClVm8tQ.jpeg

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lazada Huawei store also selling 2598. If I didn’t buy my iPhone last year then I will get this . Sad

newuserid

Reaction score
Huawei phone can store which local bank credit card for paying things like supermarket and bus/mrt?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keyword is last year.

this year, time to change phone liao.

iphone resale value should be solid, right?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anymore thinking of getting this phone?

this foldable is so much practical, with a normal closed screen, and slimmer profile than all the foldable available in the market right now.

Huawei seems to had gotten the design right from the start.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/mate-xs2/
I was a long time user of the first version and I totally echo your comments . In terms of usability and ergonomics, the folding format of the mate xs makes it the best choice if u are the type that usually use your phone in folded mode and less in tablet configuration. The downside is the increased risk of damage if u drop it

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer this foldable design compared to the others. Had the first gen XS for awhile, but had to eventually sell it as I'm too invested in Google ecosystem.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer this foldable design compared to the others. Had the first gen XS for awhile, but had to eventually sell it as I'm too invested in Google ecosystem.
I used the old matexs for a bout a year and tried all the various foldables but still came back since it's folding format is still the "best" for me which is a scenario where u usually use it as a phone and open it occasionally. Yeah gms is a challenge but after using m40p and now p50p for more than a year , I have managed to move off gms dependance . Do let me know if u need any help on gms alternatives

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was told that OCBC app still doesnt work ....sigh
HW store now offering $200 disc so nett price is $2398
I will wait for the 5G version

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was told that OCBC app still doesnt work ....sigh
HW store now offering $200 disc so nett price is $2398
I will wait for the 5G version
Really ah? Dbs , uob, stanchart etc all work leh. Did u try it on the demo unit?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The HW told me OCBC app doesn't work on the xs2.
He told me he tested liao.
Citibank app he not sure
current X2 owners: does eBay app work?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shittybank works. I have the app on my p50p :)
Ebay works. I just tested on my p50p.

I use microG to emulate gms and gfs on my hw devices . Not sure how it will work without microG

twinraven

Reaction score
Hi, interested in this phone. However, I'm reliant on Google authenticator. Any ideas if there's a way to get it onto the phone?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shittybank works. I have the app on my p50p :)
Ebay works. I just tested on my p50p.

I use microG to emulate gms and gfs on my hw devices . Not sure how it will work without microG
Just download MicroG on the HW phone and its good to go?

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By authenticator , u mean the passwords are saved with Google and they autofill right ? There is no way around that unfortunately.

But I advise not to keep all passwords with Google or any other provider. Basically they have a key to all your accounts . Mlmlwm

twinraven

Reaction score
Nope, not that. I mean the one time pin generator by Google. App name is authenticator

twinraven

Reaction score
I got my answer. The app works.
BTW, for those of you who bought local sets, does it come with the protective case?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.