Huawei Mate Xs 2

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got the phone yet?

so far the review is that white line will appear on the screen at the hinge area.

also, the end of narrow end of the screen is susceptible to dust entering into the grooves when the screen is closed up.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far only M1 has stock for XS2, however their CIS discount is only 25%, as compared to the 40% I got earlier this year.

starhub is out of stock, while Singtel do not offer this model.

anyone knows that is the CIS discount for starhub high end plan?

newuserid

Reaction score
Yes possible. There are a few ways, basically they are all virtual machines emulating Android.
I have tried some but am a little skeptical about security, don't know whether the emulators will send any data to the developers hence I am using a separate Gmail account, and no financial transactions

newuserid

Reaction score
anyone got the phone yet?

so far the review is that white line will appear on the screen at the hinge area.

also, the end of narrow end of the screen is susceptible to dust entering into the grooves when the screen is closed up.
Bought the white color version during 7.7 sale (for about 2.1k after all the discounts and rebates stacked) as replacement for fold2. Decided not to wait for fold4 since not much differences based on leaks so far.

Trying to adjust to no Google. Good except for a few games (like mech arena, diablo, etc) and apps (for example McDonald's, OCBC, Maybank SG, Donki,etc) not supported (that's where the emulators come in).

Some apps install natively but will complain (for example StandChart) and they continue to work. Default browser doesn't support singpass login (touch to launch singpass app) hence need to login in normal (nric and password).

Because it's a different app store, some licenses that you have in Google play store will not be able to transfer over. Some allow you to do so, like nova launcher.

Screen is beautiful, aspect ratio maybe a problem for some apps just like the folds. But can be adjusted using settings, just like the folds (via good lock). For once, after a few years of folding phones, I can use the main screen like a normal candy bar.

newuserid

Reaction score
Hi, interested in this phone. However, I'm reliant on Google authenticator. Any ideas if there's a way to get it onto the phone?
Yes Google authenticator works natively, I have exported all my previous set (about 15 entries) over.

newuserid

Reaction score
Yes comes with case. White color version with white case and black version come with black case. But I bought another case from taobao to give more coverage.

Screen protector is pasted on.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes comes with case. White color version with white case and black version come with black case. But I bought another case from taobao to give more coverage.

Screen protector is pasted on.

nice bro. I'm really very tempted to pull the trigger, unfortunately M1 CIS discount is too low at the moment.

T_JU_H

Reaction score
Shittybank works. I have the app on my p50p :)
Ebay works. I just tested on my p50p.

I use microG to emulate gms and gfs on my hw devices . Not sure how it will work without microG

-- could you explain how to get microG installed and working?
-- is it safe?
-- after installation, does the phone work just like any GMS Android phone with GMS-dependent apps?
-- are there any problems or drawbacks?
-- what if there's a system update? Does microG get erased?

Thanks!

OUJIOUJI

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently I’ve just change to the mate xs2 but how do I transfer my WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Huawei?. New user to huawei kindly enlighten me!.

newuserid

Reaction score
-- could you explain how to get microG installed and working?
-- is it safe?
-- after installation, does the phone work just like any GMS Android phone with GMS-dependent apps?
-- are there any problems or drawbacks?
-- what if there's a system update? Does microG get erased?

Thanks!
Just Google and you will find the microg site to download the few APKs
Whether it's safe, all up to you.
Not all apps work like on a native GMS phones. For example, zero1, Donki and YouTube still fails or crash when start up.
But things like notifications will work better and Google maps works flawlessly

newuserid

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently I’ve just change to the mate xs2 but how do I transfer my WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Huawei?. New user to huawei kindly enlighten me!.
Didn't tried to migrate from iOS to HMS
I migrated from Android to HMS
Maybe the process is the same. Generally
Save backup to local (maybe Google drive for iOS) > install Whatsapp in huawei > start Whatsapp and close it > copy all backup files from local over to Huawei in the same folders structure under Android/media/com.whatsapps/Whatsapp folder (you may need to create folders like "Databases" and "Backups") > done

hslim6

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading in iPhone 13 pro max with Mate xs 2, not sure will regret it, especially I have iPad pro 12.9.
Also worry about the longevity of the screen, like the issue with white line,

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think u can move WhatsApp chat history from iOS to android or harmonyOS.

iPhone don’t support backup to google drive. You will need third party tools to do this to move from iOS to android

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just Google and you will find the microg site to download the few APKs
Whether it's safe, all up to you.
Not all apps work like on a native GMS phones. For example, zero1, Donki and YouTube still fails or crash when start up.
But things like notifications will work better and Google maps works flawlessly
Yah. It's mainly from microG website itself. For YouTube , just use YouTube vanced but u need to find the old version as they have been shutdown by Google . Once you install liao, do not update to the newest version , that is the gutted version that Google forced them to send out.

OUJIOUJI

Reaction score
Anyone able to get google services work on huawei emui 12?. I'm fine with not having google but there's some apps required google service like Pokemon go.
Been trying all alternative but failed to let the apps works.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to get google services work on huawei emui 12?. I'm fine with not having google but there's some apps required google service like Pokemon go.
Been trying all alternative but failed to let the apps works.
Bro, the reason why Huawei doesn't have Google apps is because the services are also denied to huawei by the US gahmen. You can try microG but I think pokemon is one of those apps where you absolutely need Google. Not sure if you have a web based verison of the game but this seems to be the only workaround at the moment

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.