Reaction score
Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, where did you buy the laptop from? Im interested

All export set.
Cheapest, Microsoft US.
Create an account and use the student price of USD $1,349.
Use forwarding to ship.

Else you can find in Amazon US at $1,499. Shipped by Amazon

Lastly Carousell got seller selling as low as $2,350 for i7.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All export set.
Cheapest, Microsoft US.
Use forwarding to ship.

what about warranty matters if it needs repair?

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about warranty matters if it needs repair?

Erm... I think user here dun really bother about the warranty...
Otherwise they will buy other models locally or models with international warranty?

I’m also using this one and it works great!

AUKEY USB Charging Station, 60W Power Delivery 3.0 & Dual Port USB Charger for MacBook/Pro, Dell XPS, iPhone X / 8 / Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ / Note8 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079P11LBV..._hCwEBb1BAJP22

I'm using this, bought $79 from Comcenter vending machine :)
https://nocontract.singtel.com/prod...-c-3-0-usb-x2-qc3-0-fast-charging-100v-240v-1

Zhu Ba Jie

Reaction score
This is the best so far. The USB C Port can still do 60W even with the other USB ports plugged in. Mazer brand can’t.

Satechi one gets too warm to my liking.

Sorry I'm a noob, can someone explain what this is? Charging because this is from USA so need something different?

Zhu Ba Jie

Reaction score
All export set.
Cheapest, Microsoft US.
Use forwarding to ship.

Thanks Mr lin, do you know anything about the charging

tutonic

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a noob, can someone explain what this is? Charging because this is from USA so need something different?

Nope. You can just use the charger provided, with a universal adapter to fit SG socket. That's what I did.

ksksksks

Reaction score
You can use the original charger it works in Singapore just that you need an adapter.

Most of us are getting alternatives because we want a charger with UK plug.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the best so far. The USB C Port can still do 60W even with the other USB ports plugged in. Mazer brand can’t.

Satechi one gets too warm to my liking.

Oh Mazer can’t ar.... regarding this I’m not sure.
But I’m quite like it’s small size.

tspurs

Reaction score
I have just put mine up FS at Carousell too. Very satisfied with it, just that I got a Cobalt Blue Surface Laptop for dirt cheap and found that I don't really need the Matebook's extra power.

apatp6O.jpg

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OT a little, anyone has the Huawei Matebook D 2018? How's it?

preternatural.stuff

Reaction score
Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you can’t buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

Who says you need to spend $2K on any laptop?

This Huawei Mate X is not a good deal. Its got no touchscreen in 2018! still using Intel CPUs when the AMD Ryzen is way better and selling like hot cakes everywhere else in the world. Windows laptops that don't have touchscreens should be priced much lower.

The best laptop now is the HP Envy x360 13z (13 inch). Its a touchscreen 2-in-1 convertible and has a Ryzen 5 2500U which means that while its CPU performance is comparable to the Intel i5 equivalent, its GPU performance is 3 times faster (Firemark score of 2000 vs 700 pts). 10 hr battery life too. Saw it at Harvey Norman late August and its already all sold out!

lamtw22

Reaction score
Who says you need to spend $2K on any laptop?

This Huawei Mate X is not a good deal. Its got no touchscreen in 2018! still using Intel CPUs when the AMD Ryzen is way better and selling like hot cakes everywhere else in the world. Windows laptops that don't have touchscreens should be priced much lower.

The best laptop now is the HP Envy x360 13z (13 inch). Its a touchscreen 2-in-1 convertible and has a Ryzen 5 2500U which means that while its CPU performance is comparable to the Intel i5 equivalent, its GPU performance is 3 times faster (Firemark score of 2000 vs 700 pts). 10 hr battery life too. Saw it at Harvey Norman late August and its already all sold out!

Hello, this is Matebook X Pro and not Mate X.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.