Huawei Matebook X Pro

Mr_Browneyes

Member
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
295
Reaction score
40
Alot of difference in price...

kkEQXXR.jpg


Why refurbished? What's the diff in price?

Sent from Huawei Mate RS...Blah Blah... using GAGT
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Chatted with Microsoft agent n was told they don't accept orders from overseas. Billing address must be same as delivery address in the states....found a cheap refurbished set on Amazon but the seller don't ship overseas. Asking my friend over there to help

qBehwud.jpg

ZZzzzzzzz den why dun u use forwarded or ask ur friend get for u from Microsoft.

$1349.99 USD
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Seem like my harddisk is liteon

Sent from Huawei Mate RS...Blah Blah... using GAGT
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
just hoot from MS Store at US1349.99
1st time wentthru and order is being processed
will ship via CGW


How is the stock 512GB SSD? Thought of hooting the EVO 970 pro
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
I factory restore the notebook and skipped the window update.
Now read 3189 and write 1135
Write speed improved but still unable to hit 2k :p

How to test the r/w speed?
Also, u guys upgraded from W10 Home to Pro?
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Stock SSD depends u got Toshiba or other brands..
if you dun update ur windows, Toshiba XG5 is ok (Write speed 1K - 1.2K)
But this also means that u need to set every new wireless connection to metered limit to prevent it auto update and cannot use lan connection.
I tried downloading Microsoft software to hide update but dunno why still got updated.
Window 10 Pro should be able to block the update...
There's free software to test ur speed eg. CrystalDiskMark.
If you dunwan to change, you got to wait for MS, Toshiba update or ok with the write speed.

Just to share with you my cost for 970Pro.
Comex 512GB with free printer at $349.
Printer sold $100
XG5 sold $120
So I only paid $129 and did a clean installation instead of cloning.
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
Stock SSD depends u got Toshiba or other brands..
if you dun update ur windows, Toshiba XG5 is ok (Write speed 1K - 1.2K)
But this also means that u need to set every new wireless connection to metered limit to prevent it auto update and cannot use lan connection.
I tried downloading Microsoft software to hide update but dunno why still got updated.
Window 10 Pro should be able to block the update...
There's free software to test ur speed eg. CrystalDiskMark.
If you dunwan to change, you got to wait for MS, Toshiba update or ok with the write speed.

Just to share with you my cost for 970Pro.
Comex 512GB with free printer at $349.
Printer sold $100
XG5 sold $120
So I only paid $129 and did a clean installation instead of cloning.

I intend to upgrade to W10 Pro and I hope SITEX will have SSD sale for the Eco 970 Pro
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Stock SSD depends u got Toshiba or other brands..
if you dun update ur windows, Toshiba XG5 is ok (Write speed 1K - 1.2K)
But this also means that u need to set every new wireless connection to metered limit to prevent it auto update and cannot use lan connection.
I tried downloading Microsoft software to hide update but dunno why still got updated.
Window 10 Pro should be able to block the update...
There's free software to test ur speed eg. CrystalDiskMark.
If you dunwan to change, you got to wait for MS, Toshiba update or ok with the write speed.

Just to share with you my cost for 970Pro.
Comex 512GB with free printer at $349.
Printer sold $100
XG5 sold $120
So I only paid $129 and did a clean installation instead of cloning.

What read/write speeds are you getting with the 970? I'm on the fence about whether to change or not, since the Liteon one is sufficiently snappy for me.

In case anyone is interested, this was the result I got when I ran it in the first week or so of using the Matebook.

You're referring to Seq Read/Write speeds right? Mine is 3162.4 Read, 2034.5 Write.

:o
 
Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
What read/write speeds are you getting with the 970? I'm on the fence about whether to change or not, since the Liteon one is sufficiently snappy for me.

In case anyone is interested, this was the result I got when I ran it in the first week or so of using the Matebook.

ur Liteon dunnid to change.....
Toshiba XG5 Specs: UP TO 3,000 Mb/s read / 1,050Mb/s write
I can get approx 2,7xx mb/s & 1,1xx mb/s
After window update, 2,7xx mb/s & 4xx mb/s

Samusng 970 Pro I just run the test
3,512 mb/s & 2,307 mb/s

But although bought from oversea, I believe warranty is still valid if u shipped back?
However if u change the SSD, most likely warranty will void as u need to removed a small sticker covering SSD screw.
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
ur Liteon dunnid to change.....
Toshiba XG5 Specs: UP TO 3,000 Mb/s read / 1,050Mb/s write
I can get approx 2,7xx mb/s & 1,1xx mb/s
After window update, 2,7xx mb/s & 4xx mb/s

Samusng 970 Pro I just run the test
3,512 mb/s & 2,307 mb/s

But although bought from oversea, I believe warranty is still valid if u shipped back?
However if u change the SSD, most likely warranty will void as u need to removed a small sticker covering SSD screw.
I felt that my liteon lag when transferring files or activate program

Sent from Huawei Mate RS...Blah Blah... using GAGT
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
Guys, just for your info.
If u happens to get a Toshiba XG5 SSD and could not bear with the slow write speed due to windows update issue, u can change to another SSD.
I'm using Samsung 970 Pro with it right now and doing a clean installation of OS, so far no issue detected :p

Remember to create a Window Boot disk first and download Huawei Drivers from the web.

1. Just unscrew at the laptop base (All screw can be seen, there's no hidden screw behind the sticker or rubber feet)

2. Tear away the white color sticker for SSD screw, unscrew the SSD and take out.

3. Insert ur SSD slowly, if got difficulties, unscrew a few screw beside it and the panel can open slightly bigger. (This step needs time and patience)


[
44896681242_14eee22a23_k.jpg

So warranty is void since u replaced the ssd?

I hope my is a lite-on ssd so dun need to buy the EVO
Cant decide to get the Evo or the Pro

My usage is primarily research surfing, Edmw n Ms word/excel n going bukit timah
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
So warranty is void since u replaced the ssd?

I hope my is a lite-on ssd so dun need to buy the EVO
Cant decide to get the Evo or the Pro

My usage is primarily research surfing, Edmw n Ms word/excel n going bukit timah

Ya. U enlarge and saw that screw tighten to SSD?
Supposed to have a small round white sticker.
Perhaps u can try to remove slowly to avoid damaging it.

And as for Evo or Pro, depends on ur needs and promotion.
My previous calculation for Pro is $129.
If I were to get Evo 970,
Comex price $269
Sold my XG5 $120
I would pay $149 for Evo with free $20 voucher which is same or higher than Pro because the $20 voucher u couldn't sell at $20.
So it doesn't make sense to get the lower specs at same price.

However if u managed to remove the sticker without damage, u may want to keep the SSD that came with for warranty purpose...
 

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2015
Messages
9,340
Reaction score
368
So warranty is void since u replaced the ssd?

I hope my is a lite-on ssd so dun need to buy the EVO
Cant decide to get the Evo or the Pro

My usage is primarily research surfing, Edmw n Ms word/excel n going bukit timah

if u want warranty repair in singapore how do u do about it?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top