Huawei Matebook X Pro

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Hello all I am thinking of getting a Matebook X Pro i5 thru a friend from Shanghai. Was wondering if I need the version with the discrete graphics card?

My primary concern is battery life, to do work on MS PPT and Word and net browsing in general. The integrated card would suffice right?

If you're only using it for those, then the integrated graphics card should be sufficient. I bought the i7 one, not because of the MX150, but rather for the 16GB ram and extra ssd storage (though you can just swap out a larger ssd on your own ah), since I need the extra ram, due to the kind of programming work I'm doing.

The battery life, for me personally, is quite great.

Will Huawei bring in the laptop to Singapore? They just announce to bring in matebook X pro and matebook d together with new phone mate 20 to Malaysia.


Don't think so. I've emailed them in the past about it, but they said they have no updates yet. Maybe you can email them now. They might have a different answer.
 

suxalot

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Thanks bro, for the reply.

Can I ask a further question - was your i7 model purchased from the US or China? I read online that some users had difficulties with the fingerprint sensor after they did a clean install of English Windows 10 home via the USB Media Tool.

If you're only using it for those, then the integrated graphics card should be sufficient. I bought the i7 one, not because of the MX150, but rather for the 16GB ram and extra ssd storage (though you can just swap out a larger ssd on your own ah), since I need the extra ram, due to the kind of programming work I'm doing.

The battery life, for me personally, is quite great.




Don't think so. I've emailed them in the past about it, but they said they have no updates yet. Maybe you can email them now. They might have a different answer.
 

ksksksks

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
3
It is not even 1.7k USD where did you get that figure from. With educational pricing about 1.349k
The seller doesn’t even provide any receipt if the buyer want to claim warranty on their own.
Please avoid.

I got a brand new sealed model from "chaplangkarangguni" seller on Caroselle for S$2450 which is reasonably good considering exchange rate for USD1700.

So far so good.....loving the small bezel large 13.9" screen.

Am a MacBook Pro user actually impressed with the build of this laptop. Will install MacOS as a VM on this laptop....
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Thanks bro, for the reply.

Can I ask a further question - was your i7 model purchased from the US or China? I read online that some users had difficulties with the fingerprint sensor after they did a clean install of English Windows 10 home via the USB Media Tool.


Mine is the US set. I didn't do clean install ah. Signature edition mah, no bloatware other than the Huawei pc control/settings app thingy.
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
Thanks bro, for the reply.

Can I ask a further question - was your i7 model purchased from the US or China? I read online that some users had difficulties with the fingerprint sensor after they did a clean install of English Windows 10 home via the USB Media Tool.

Damn
Doing clean install with w10 Pro Will remove the fingerprint feature?
My x Pro arriving on Fri from US

Anyone using w10 Pro?
 

suxalot

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
0

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
17,126
Reaction score
4
How much u guys paying for forwarding when buying from MS?
 

suxalot

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Anyone know where to get accessories such as SP and keyboard cover? SLS will have?
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Anyone know where to get accessories such as SP and keyboard cover? SLS will have?


The screen protector is those bigger piece, then cut down to size. Keyboard cover don't think have. I've been there to search.
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,275
Reaction score
209
Finally setup the xpro
The x Pro is so sexy and cool
Anyway, what's the use of the fingerprint sensor?
Just to start up the notebook?
Cannot use to shut down?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top