Huawei Matebook X Pro

anyhow1

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
46
Reaction score
1
I believe they used comgateway. That being said, since it is available in Malaysia, it's more worthwhile to buy the set from Malaysia. At least, you'll get the charger with our 3pin plug, and also, if anything goes wrong, can just hop on over to Malaysia and claim warranty.
Yes, agree with this too. Recently I received email from Huawei Malaysia telling me that the i7 version is back in stock. 6999rm plus some free gifts.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
 

hellhole

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
4,020
Reaction score
612
Yes, agree with this too. Recently I received email from Huawei Malaysia telling me that the i7 version is back in stock. 6999rm plus some free gifts.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

RM6999 is much higher then getting a carosell set or a set you get yourself from micosoft us. for just a 3 pin plug.. er.. maybe not really worth it...

since its type C. i can buy many other type of charger..
 

我的超酷故事

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
825
Reaction score
12
RM6999 is much higher then getting a carosell set or a set you get yourself from micosoft us. for just a 3 pin plug.. er.. maybe not really worth it...

since its type C. i can buy many other type of charger..

Ya.. I was doing calculations last night.

Buying from Malaysia:
+ Easier to exercise warranty claim/support
+ Get 3 pin/UK plug
+ Free gift (Laptop case, Backpack, Bluetooth mouse)
+ Possibly no GST (own's discretion ah)
- Incur time to travel to Malaysia (S$50-80~ travel cost)
Total damage: RM6999 + Travel cost + Time cost = S$2,400+

Buying on Microsoft Store with Comgateway:
+ Deliver to door-step
+ US$150 off with Student/Military discount
- Incur GST + Comgateway (US$150~)
- Send back to US for warranty
- US 2pin plug (need to separately purchase adapter ~S$60)
Total damage: US$1349.99 + $50CGW + S$100GST + S$60adapter = $2,100+
 

jerronchua55

Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
210
Reaction score
0
Anyone ordered from Microsoft Store US recently? I keep getting the error :"We're having trouble processing your payment"

However I did select the paypal option to pay, but under paypal I'm paying via my SG credit card. And then after selecting the paypal option for payment I still have to set a billing address but I'm unable to set a Singaporean address which is probably why the payment isn't successful.

To those who bought from Microsoft Store US via paypal, may I know which payment method in Paypal did yall use?
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Anyone ordered from Microsoft Store US recently? I keep getting the error :"We're having trouble processing your payment"

However I did select the paypal option to pay, but under paypal I'm paying via my SG credit card. And then after selecting the paypal option for payment I still have to set a billing address but I'm unable to set a Singaporean address which is probably why the payment isn't successful.

To those who bought from Microsoft Store US via paypal, may I know which payment method in Paypal did yall use?

You can't use SG credit card for US Microsoft Store, iirc. Someone also had this problem earlier on in this thread. Easiest alternative is to use the payment feature of your forwarding service. I know comgateway has one. Regardless, your forwarding service should provide you with a US address, right?
 

hellhole

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
4,020
Reaction score
612
You can't use SG credit card for US Microsoft Store, iirc. Someone also had this problem earlier on in this thread. Easiest alternative is to use the payment feature of your forwarding service. I know comgateway has one. Regardless, your forwarding service should provide you with a US address, right?

i paid using my singapore credit card....
 

ckling

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
18,416
Reaction score
540
Malaysia set got mate dock included, is it same for US set?

我的超酷故事;118772422 said:
Ya.. I was doing calculations last night.

Buying from Malaysia:
+ Easier to exercise warranty claim/support
+ Get 3 pin/UK plug
+ Free gift (Laptop case, Backpack, Bluetooth mouse)
+ Possibly no GST (own's discretion ah)
- Incur time to travel to Malaysia (S$50-80~ travel cost)
Total damage: RM6999 + Travel cost + Time cost = S$2,400+

Buying on Microsoft Store with Comgateway:
+ Deliver to door-step
+ US$150 off with Student/Military discount
- Incur GST + Comgateway (US$150~)
- Send back to US for warranty
- US 2pin plug (need to separately purchase adapter ~S$60)
Total damage: US$1349.99 + $50CGW + S$100GST + S$60adapter = $2,100+
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
This one bo thunderbolt

Thunderbolt is really not that essential for most people. In fact most people I heard generally only use this for those GPU enclosure. So if that is not the case, nor are you using it for display purpose, then it is really just a nice to have feature.
 

ccmheoa

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,165
Reaction score
7
Anyone able to get any andriod emulator working? I tried a few and all dont seem to work
 

我的超酷故事

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
825
Reaction score
12
Thunderbolt is really not that essential for most people. In fact most people I heard generally only use this for those GPU enclosure. So if that is not the case, nor are you using it for display purpose, then it is really just a nice to have feature.

Thunderbolt 3 ports draws more power right? For example, at work I have 2 external monitors and my laptop can be connected to the setup with just one USB C cable to the TB3 port, and it also chargers the laptop at the same time.
One cable, 2 monitors + charge the device. Not sure with the same can be accomplished with any other USB C port.
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,031
Reaction score
883
how are you owners liking this laptop?

price aside, i'm deciding between this and the ux333.
 

ckling

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
Messages
18,416
Reaction score
540
anyone of your matebook received win10 1809 update already?
mine still 1803, the rest of my notebook already got 1809
 

Zonal7

Junior Member
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Is it still worthwhile to get this laptop now? It's been a year since the release so was wondering if they are going to refresh this model..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top