Votes: 219 54.2%
  • Aurora

Votes: 120 29.7%
  • Black

Votes: 65 16.1%

• Total voters

bbqbeans

Reaction score
Hello guys ! I’m here to seek some advise with regards to my Huawei P30 PRO.

Had been using for my phone for nearly 2 years. Since around end of last year I start to have various issues with my P30 PRO.

Some of the more major issues are :
1. Phone auto turn speaker on while I was on a call (happens pretty often)

2. Torch light auto on

3. Battery draining very fast

4. Unclear Calls, get intermittent cut off

5. Sometimes when I am on a call halfway, prompt to ask to add contact

6. Camera seems to not be able to focus so well. Pictures can be blurry at times (forgot to highlight this to them when I sent the phone for servicing but highlighted to them during collection)

I received an sms early this morning to collect my phone and to be honest I was pretty impressed with the fast servicing as I only sent in my phone last evening.

When I collected my phone I was informed by the service personnel that the technician has checked and verified that there is nothing wrong with my phone and it could all be due to apps/software issues.

I have mentioned to him I didn’t have all these issues initially (at least for the first 1 year).

Not here to complain but just to seek advice to know more if the issues I experienced are more of software or hardware related.

As I mentioned to them, I have delayed sending the phone for servicing earlier as I was lazy to do a backup . Now that the warranty is expiring soon I decide to finally get it fixed.

All I was told was that the phone is ok, no issues and monitor.

Any good advice ?

Thank you in advance.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys ! I’m here to seek some advise with regards to my Huawei P30 PRO.

Had been using for my phone for nearly 2 years. Since around end of last year I start to have various issues with my P30 PRO.

Some of the more major issues are :
1. Phone auto turn speaker on while I was on a call (happens pretty often)

2. Torch light auto on

3. Battery draining very fast

4. Unclear Calls, get intermittent cut off

5. Sometimes when I am on a call halfway, prompt to ask to add contact

6. Camera seems to not be able to focus so well. Pictures can be blurry at times (forgot to highlight this to them when I sent the phone for servicing but highlighted to them during collection)

I received an sms early this morning to collect my phone and to be honest I was pretty impressed with the fast servicing as I only sent in my phone last evening.

When I collected my phone I was informed by the service personnel that the technician has checked and verified that there is nothing wrong with my phone and it could all be due to apps/software issues.

I have mentioned to him I didn’t have all these issues initially (at least for the first 1 year).

Not here to complain but just to seek advice to know more if the issues I experienced are more of software or hardware related.

As I mentioned to them, I have delayed sending the phone for servicing earlier as I was lazy to do a backup . Now that the warranty is expiring soon I decide to finally get it fixed.

All I was told was that the phone is ok, no issues and monitor.

Any good advice ?

Thank you in advance.

so is the phone issues resolved? look like your screen might have some issues.

bbqbeans

Reaction score
so is the phone issues resolved? look like your screen might have some issues.
Nope, it wasnt resolved. As communicated by the Customer Service Personnel, technician did a check & ran a test and said that the phone is completely fine. And he said if I encounter any issues it could be due to the apps. But the issue is, I experienced similar problems with different apps. Eg; If Im making a normal call or Whatsapp Call, the speaker will suddenly be on and the people around me can hear my conversation.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, did you notice that your screen is turned off when you put it to your ear?

speaker turn on, add contact; maybe the proximity sensor is spoilt, hence whenever you place the phone to your face, these functions are automatically activated.

if not, maybe the digitizer is spoilt, and ghost touching occured.

if the problem is very frequent, try to replicate it and show it to the staff. it can't be the apps, since you had formatted your phone before you sent it in for service.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, it wasnt resolved. As communicated by the Customer Service Personnel, technician did a check & ran a test and said that the phone is completely fine. And he said if I encounter any issues it could be due to the apps. But the issue is, I experienced similar problems with different apps. Eg; If Im making a normal call or Whatsapp Call, the speaker will suddenly be on and the people around me can hear my conversation.
since they mention app did u do factory reset and try as last resort

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.