Huawei P40 Series

soilwork

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
29
are you on GMS or HMS?

i attained SOT of 5h 38 mins with 35% with max resolution 90hz.

lots of surfing and whatsapp and some youtubes.

BTW, i also cannot logon to vanced. Wonder why.

Hms. Lotsa email and WhatsApp for me
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Do the push notifications for the apps that require GMS work? I read that it doesn't.

Anyway I have written in to Huawei to suggest that they expedite their development in a few key areas to increase the appeal of the P40 Pro to the Singaporean market.

1) No NFC payment services. Singapore mostly use MasterCard and Visa for PayWave. Even at Bus and MRT, people tap in using SimplyGo feature of their Master/Visa credit cards. Having UNION Pay not very feasible.

2) Most apps push notifications not working. E.g. I am using Carousell - no push notifications arrive.

3) Lack of security/banking apps on AppGallery. E.g. SingPass, PayLah - I cannot use the money I received from friends

4) Lack of smart devices compatibility. Many users already own existing Samsung Galaxy Watches, Garmin, etc. All should be supported via AppGallery

5) No support for local shopping/membership apps. E.g. I have collected a lot of points via Don Don Donki android app. Now I cannot redeem them.

6) Fitness Apps cannot install, e.g. MapMyRun by Under Armour

Feel free to add on. If the fans of Huawei collectively voice our constructive opinions to nudge the company (and its commercial stakeholders) in the right direction, perhaps they will all be motivated to act faster, and in the consumers' interest.

I have used iPhone and Samsung in the past. But my most recent four handsets (including the P40 Pro now) have all been Huawei.

So far I have opted not to hack the phone, security still takes precedence for me, and I am rooting for AppGallery to succeed. No regrets for upgrading to a P40 Pro, even tho it is sub-functional.
 
Last edited:

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Do the push notifications for the apps that require GMS work? I read that it doesn't.

Anyway I have written in to Huawei to suggest that they expedite their development in a few key areas to increase the appeal of the P40 Pro to the Singaporean market.

1) No NFC payment services. Singapore mostly use MasterCard and Visa for PayWave. Even at Bus and MRT, people tap in using SimplyGo feature of their Master/Visa credit cards. Having UNION Pay not very feasible.

2) Most apps push notifications not working. E.g. I am using Carousell - no push notifications arrive.

3) Lack of security/banking apps on AppGallery. E.g. SingPass, PayLah - I cannot use the money I received from friends

4) Lack of smart devices compatibility. Many users already own existing Samsung Galaxy Watches, Garmin, etc. All should be supported via AppGallery

5) No support for local shopping/membership apps. E.g. I have collected a lot of points via Don Don Donki android app. Now I cannot redeem them.

6) Fitness Apps cannot install, e.g. MapMyRun by Under Armour

Feel free to add on. If the fans of Huawei collectively voice our constructive opinions to nudge the company (and its commercial stakeholders) in the right direction, perhaps they will all be motivated to act faster, and in the consumers' interest.

I have used iPhone and Samsung in the past. But my most recent four handsets (including the P40 Pro now) have all been Huawei.

So far I have opted not to hack the phone, security still takes precedence for me, and I am rooting for AppGallery to succeed. No regrets for upgrading to a P40 Pro, even tho it is sub-functional.
What about WhatsApp? Any notification for new messages ?

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
 

Maxchin123

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Do the push notifications for the apps that require GMS work? I read that it doesn't.

Anyway I have written in to Huawei to suggest that they expedite their development in a few key areas to increase the appeal of the P40 Pro to the Singaporean market.

1) No NFC payment services. Singapore mostly use MasterCard and Visa for PayWave. Even at Bus and MRT, people tap in using SimplyGo feature of their Master/Visa credit cards. Having UNION Pay not very feasible.

2) Most apps push notifications not working. E.g. I am using Carousell - no push notifications arrive.

3) Lack of security/banking apps on AppGallery. E.g. SingPass, PayLah - I cannot use the money I received from friends

4) Lack of smart devices compatibility. Many users already own existing Samsung Galaxy Watches, Garmin, etc. All should be supported via AppGallery

5) No support for local shopping/membership apps. E.g. I have collected a lot of points via Don Don Donki android app. Now I cannot redeem them.

6) Fitness Apps cannot install, e.g. MapMyRun by Under Armour

Feel free to add on. If the fans of Huawei collectively voice our constructive opinions to nudge the company (and its commercial stakeholders) in the right direction, perhaps they will all be motivated to act faster, and in the consumers' interest.

I have used iPhone and Samsung in the past. But my most recent four handsets (including the P40 Pro now) have all been Huawei.

So far I have opted not to hack the phone, security still takes precedence for me, and I am rooting for AppGallery to succeed. No regrets for upgrading to a P40 Pro, even tho it is sub-functional.
Look like not so functionality in Singapore use.
So how? Don't know what phone to get.
 

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
You see irrational fan boy only need the chioness of the phone and the best in class camera bragging right to survive daily, any inconvenience is worth it.

What about WhatsApp? Any notification for new messages ?

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
WhatsApp is fine. Telegram is better, won't kena split thread after using phone clone function. WhatsApp, after phone clone, your message incoming dunno which phone to go, some go here some go there. If you receive hundreds of messages in that hour u will kena confused. Telegram merges everything as it is server-based

WhatsApp is fine.
 

altca4

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Messages
451
Reaction score
84
You see irrational fan boy only need the chioness of the phone and the best in class camera bragging right to survive daily, any inconvenience is worth it.

Wa, Wong bro, in contrast to the fanboy, you're like the anti-boy, lol, so critical siah...
Chill lah, compared to the fruity fan boys who can be so religious, Huawei's are minor league.

Eh, there was a time where all tiong phones are very slow in notifying. That have always been solvable via tweaking the notification settings in Android.

Huawei wise, at least for the flagship models, haven't have much of such issues since mate 10 Pro with my personal experience with WhatsApp, line and wechat
 
Last edited:

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
I agree bro that’s why I said I am not anti huawei. In fact I am pro huawei, and I admit they have the best camera in phone and one of the top hardware specs eg their 820 soc

And I do hope hms is successful to compete with Google and drive the price down.

But the fact is the current hms is half baked and with lots of inconvenience and some are quite essential to a daily office worker who take public transport, who take a lot of grab, who order a lot of grab food, who use WhatsApp as critical office communication where late reply due to notification issue is not acceptable and will be demerit but bosses. Where lunch bill are split between colleagues using paynow, or security banking transactions are done rather than going to the bank.

In fact photo taking will be occasional only as in when having a good lunch or weekend going out with family and gf. Or Low light photography will be even less when bring gf to candlelit dinner or walking along Marina Bay Area.

That’s why I cannot understand (sorry maybe I poor lah) is for someone to put 800 - 1000 SGD to buy a phone not to have a full flagship experience, and expect to have some tinkering (Esp with a new phone lots of update and with each update may break the gms installed) or even after installing gms still cannot have full flagship experience.

Wa, Wong bro, in contrast to the fanboy, you're like the anti-boy, lol, so critical siah...
Chill lah, compared to the fruity fan boys who can be so religious, Huawei's are minor league.

Eh, there was a time where all tiong phones are very slow in notifying. That have always been solvable via tweaking the notification settings in Android.

Huawei wise, at least for the flagship models, haven't have much of such issues since mate 10 Pro with my personal experience with WhatsApp, line and wechat
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Concerns are valid, and is for each user to decide for himself if the tradeoffs are acceptable. To me they are, because whatsapp works perfectly. No different from any iPhone or gms phone. Should not bring whatsapp into the equation here.

The other inconveniences are valid.

I agree bro that’s why I said I am not anti huawei. In fact I am pro huawei, and I admit they have the best camera in phone and one of the top hardware specs eg their 820 soc

And I do hope hms is successful to compete with Google and drive the price down.

But the fact is the current hms is half baked and with lots of inconvenience and some are quite essential to a daily office worker who take public transport, who take a lot of grab, who order a lot of grab food, who use WhatsApp as critical office communication where late reply due to notification issue is not acceptable and will be demerit but bosses. Where lunch bill are split between colleagues using paynow, or security banking transactions are done rather than going to the bank.

In fact photo taking will be occasional only as in when having a good lunch or weekend going out with family and gf. Or Low light photography will be even less when bring gf to candlelit dinner or walking along Marina Bay Area.

That’s why I cannot understand (sorry maybe I poor lah) is for someone to put 800 - 1000 SGD to buy a phone not to have a full flagship experience, and expect to have some tinkering (Esp with a new phone lots of update and with each update may break the gms installed) or even after installing gms still cannot have full flagship experience.
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,940
Reaction score
1,716
ppl dumping at 950.
saw 1 at 940+ all freebies... but snapped out instantly.
 

davidwong

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,739
Reaction score
0
Yes agree that WhatsApp not all bros will encounter but there are bro in the thread and mate 30 thread have such issues.

Concerns are valid, and is for each user to decide for himself if the tradeoffs are acceptable. To me they are, because whatsapp works perfectly. No different from any iPhone or gms phone. Should not bring whatsapp into the equation here.

The other inconveniences are valid.
 

dappercivility

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
925
With my M30Pro experience,

1) Google Maps is buggy, sometimes cannot find location.

2) Whatsapp totally unable to send location and live location

3) Netflix cannot be installed

It might be due to myself sideloading improperly but the above 3 are big no no to me BUT if the new method of sideloading the P40Pro eliminates these issues, the P40 Pro is a very attractive proposition indeed. I am a Huawei Fanboy, I do not mind the minor inconvenience of needing to sideload GMS myself.
 

nexusscion

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
59
With my M30Pro experience,

1) Google Maps is buggy, sometimes cannot find location.

2) Whatsapp totally unable to send location and live location

3) Netflix cannot be installed

It might be due to myself sideloading improperly but the above 3 are big no no to me BUT if the new method of sideloading the P40Pro eliminates these issues, the P40 Pro is a very attractive proposition indeed. I am a Huawei Fanboy, I do not mind the minor inconvenience of needing to sideload GMS myself.

New Netflix is working well with emui 10 for both mate 30 and p40 series
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top